• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Guest DatsyukianDeke13

How are you dealing with the off-season?

Rate this topic

These were some in progress photos. Updates not scene are a fat head Winged wheel above the windows and "To whom much is given, much is expected" above the tv. Having issues gettin the pics up here at work, ill try later.

Edited by Cheveldae32

Been busy with a lot of things,but found myself watching a few old Wings Weeklies that I have on DVR and the Fedorov 5 goal game. Like someone else said it is kind of nice to have some kind of break though. You need to recharge your batteries.

Housework. Beer break. Obsess on LGW. Housework. Beer break. Obsess on LGW. repeat for 7 straight days until October. Then just watch the train wreck that is the Lions and watch another playoff season and run in April.

It's a charmed life.

Good stuff, HockeyMom. Great way to spend the summer, that's for sure.

My problem is, eventually, the oil light goes on... :huh:

http://s232.photobucket.com/albums/ee258/wannahuckmastinky/Gas%20Gas/?action=view&current=MVI_2071.mp4

Yes, there's nothing better--go fast, turn left, and draft pass em!! Watching them on a mile gets your heart pumping for sure....scarey stuff!!

I watched the 97 Cup winning game the other day, but it was a CBC feed so it wasn't as nostalgic. I paused it before Lids' goal and went on youtube to find the clip of Gary Thorne calling the goal, and then did the same for DMac's goal. Gave me chills.

Thursday night we were on the waters of Houghton Lake watching the Perseid meteor shower til 2:30AM. It was interesting.

Guest scottj

nice lol... keep it up

at least your anticipation is making you be more productive compared to me just lurking these boards lol

I don't know what I think about buying the first regular season game tickets.. on one hand, it's gonna be ******* awesome. on the other hand, i'm gonna be so anticipated for oct. 8th I hope I don't just try to fly by for these next two months and just waste em

Does anybody have a hotel they'd recommend in the Detroit area? Doesn't necessarily have to be right near JLA, I guess; just within driving distance. I'm trying to possibly maybe make a pilgrimage to Hockeytown for the Wings/Avs game on Veterans Day weekend and don't really have a clue where to stay (other than some suggestions from the nice people on Twitter). Didn't want to make a whole thread for this, so I suppose this fits close enough with the "dreaming of hockey season" theme.

I'm going to be such a mess in October. My best friend's wedding is Oct. 9th (good number, hehe), the second day of the regular season, and it's against the Hawks. I hope she doesn't mind if I check my phone for score updates every 5 seconds during the reception...

I went and saw a game last night between the Western Australia and Adelaide state teams. The quality is obviously no where near that of anything you would find in NA, but it's still nice to see a rare game over here. About 200 people showed up too which is pretty amazing. It's funny to hear someone over the speaker system explaining the rules of the game. I imagine a similar thing happens at Ducks games? :lol:

During the summer I have tried many things to take my mind off hockey.

First I tried a new hobby of building birdhouses... bird1.jpg but that didn't go as well as I wanted, so I tried to make a chair for my wife to show my love for her during the off season... queeningchair-1.gif Needless to say, this didn't go over very well either.

At least I have Game 7 (Yotes) tonight at 6 on the NHL network.