Photo
- - - - -

How are you dealing with the off-season?

• Please log in to reply
105 replies to this topic

#41 McAwesome

McAwesome

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,573 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 01:13 PM

How can I lobby to get you to change your avatar? lol

Motion seconded, pleased get rid of that disturbing thing. :hehe:

7yss.jpg

Thanks MabusIncarnate

#42 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 01:16 PM

Tigers just aren't doin' it this year for me.

Yes this team that is battling for the playoffs which we thought would be out by like 10 games by now is sure not doing it for me either :ph34r: ... Fun Tigers team to watch plus Comerica is just too fun to go to. Watching Boesch just defy all logic too has been just a blast so far.

Working on the new house, painting, spackling, cleaning, yard work, Red Wings man cave development. It's all keeping me busy but it doesn't hack into the time I spend on LGW while at work pondering the roster moves, 10-11 season, and all out obsession with all things Red Wings. Hockey please....
TO WHOM MUCH IS GIVEN, MUCH IS EXPECTED.

#43 DatsyukianDeke13

DatsyukianDeke13

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,229 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 01:25 PM

Yes this team that is battling for the playoffs which we thought would be out by like 10 games by now is sure not doing it for me either :ph34r: ... Fun Tigers team to watch plus Comerica is just too fun to go to. Watching Boesch just defy all logic too has been just a blast so far.

Working on the new house, painting, spackling, cleaning, yard work, Red Wings man cave development. It's all keeping me busy but it doesn't hack into the time I spend on LGW while at work pondering the roster moves, 10-11 season, and all out obsession with all things Red Wings. Hockey please....

I'm intrigued....
Mixed feelings about this
JERSEY SALE!!!!! PM IF INTERESTED!(I have international and red wings jerseys)
Posted Image

#44 Hossa4Life

Hossa4Life

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,139 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 01:26 PM

Motion seconded, pleased get rid of that disturbing thing. :hehe:

wish and it shall be done

But I must be off, I have some jerking off to do. Oh btw I like to consider myself extremely attractive and am proud of myself for being your intellectual superior as I am going to UofM next year, and I am a better hockey player than Crosby.

Posted Image

#45 Jesusberg

Jesusberg

1st Line All-Star

• Gold Booster
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 01:31 PM

It sucks.. I wish NHL 11 would come out, like now.. As opposed to when hockey is nearly back.. Blah

Agreed 150%... I want to see some CHL teams in action. Also, I'm sick of NHL 10's trading system sucking so badly. Also, how the heck do you draft a "Franchise player" when you're supposed to be at the top of the league anyway. The tasks for GM Mode are whacked out.

#46 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 01:33 PM

I'm intrigued....

I will take some photos. Its pretty raggedy right now but the vision in my head is like an Olympia room in my basement lol...
TO WHOM MUCH IS GIVEN, MUCH IS EXPECTED.

#47 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,873 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 02:07 PM

Spending the grocery money on gambling.

The only upside to that is that it makes heavy drinking too expensive to pursue.

#48 Frozen-Man

Frozen-Man

Thanks for the memories

• Gold Booster
  • 1,579 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 02:15 PM

+1 rep from me for changing the avatar. :hehe:

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." - Mark Twain

#49 McAwesome

McAwesome

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,573 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 02:27 PM

I liked the Danny DeVito one, where he is flailing away at a drum set. That last one was just too creepy, looked like breakfast at Rick James' house.

7yss.jpg

Thanks MabusIncarnate

#50 DatsyukianDeke13

DatsyukianDeke13

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,229 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 02:41 PM

I liked the Danny DeVito one, where he is flailing away at a drum set. That last one was just too creepy, looked like breakfast at Rick James' house.

Agreed. Anything from Always Sunny will suffice...maybe toss in a little Green Man?
Posted Image

#51 drumnj

drumnj

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 755 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 02:59 PM

I've been watching old games online. Last night I watched Wings vs Leafs in 1993 and Wings vs Leafs in 1964... the night before that I watched Montreal vs Wings in 1995 (Roy's last game in Montreal)... I forgot how amazing the Russian 5 were. These games are on Hulu.com

Anyone know where I can find other 1990's games online?

http://www.letsgowings.com/forums/index.php/topic/61751-red-wings-archived-games-index/page__view__findpost__p__1923376 :ph34r:

Not trying to draw too much attention to myself, but I mentioned this before *nudge nudge*
http://www.letsgowin...an-with-directv

Got FSD setup with all it's glory.  Plan to have pre and post game coverage along with Wingspan and 24/7.  Youtube page: RedWingsLive1

Red Wings and Griffins Live Games Check my profile
Always looking for people to help with the site, be it coding (PHP & JS) or design work. PM me if you'd be interested.

Cleary on, Mike!
Cleary on, Ken!
Dan's World, Dan's World... Mediocrity!... Excellent!

#52 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 05:51 PM

Since the Texas Stars lost in the finals against the Hershey Bears, there's been nuthin'goin' on in these hyar parts. So I was forced into exercising more, and the only way I'll get on our treadmill is watching recordings of Wings' games. So OK, it's not a total loss.

But today there was hope. The NHL network showed the 4th playoff game with Columbus from '09. So about half way through I turned to spouse to remind him that Hossa never hardly did s*** with the Wings. So what happens? He scores two goals and we beat them in the final minute on a power play because of a too-many-men penalty against them. Sometimes it pays to be old and forgetful! But not bored. NEVER bored. :ph34r:

Are we there yet?

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#53 Get Rid of Mickey

Get Rid of Mickey

Jr. Prospect

• 20 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 06:03 PM

If I lived in East Lansing this time of year I'd canoe the Grand, I'd practice eskimo rolls in Lake Lansing, I'd mountain bike Burch and Rose Lake or better yet take the short drive over to Yankee Springs and ride Devil's Soup Bowl.

I'd hit many of the awesome Lake Michigan beaches, or even road trip up to Glen Harbor.

I'd hit The Green Door for some live blues.

I'd skateboard down the Habitrail.

I'd shoot hoops on campus. Sling Frisbee on campus or play some disc golf or ultimate frisbee.

Join in on a LaCross game or get one started.

And I'd check in on LGW a couple times a day. :)

But thats just me.

My grandparents live 5 minutes away from the Devil's Soup Bowl. Love that place. Awesome that you brought it up.

#54 DatsyukianDeke13

DatsyukianDeke13

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,229 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 06:06 PM

My grandparents live 5 minutes away from the Devil's Soup Bowl. Love that place. Awesome that you brought it up.

what does "get rid of mickey" mean? (just out of curiousity)
Posted Image

#55 Get Rid of Mickey

Get Rid of Mickey

Jr. Prospect

• 20 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 06:13 PM

what does "get rid of mickey" mean? (just out of curiousity)

I was having trouble thinking of a forum name and I had been going on and on that day about how I just wanted FSN to "Get Rid Of Mickey". Don't get me wrong, I love Mickey, but sometimes he just drives me crazy with some of the stuff he says!

#56 SouthernWingsFan

SouthernWingsFan

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 24,609 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 08:00 PM

Its been about 2 months since the Wings last took the ice and I am going through major withdrawal right now. I'm I the only one? How have you guys been dealing with the pains of the off-season?

Personally, I've been watching my daily regiment of Red Wings youtube videos and playing lots of street hockey, but other than that, I'm left to weep in a dark corner (just kidding.....but not really...)

Work, exercise, house and yard chores, errands, doing other hobbies. While I definitely long for September and October for football and hockey to resume again, I'm too busy to constantly worry or be sour or have withdrawals about stuff like this.

#57 e_prime

e_prime

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,674 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 08:55 PM

Lovin' Every Minute of Hawks Cap Hell.
(AtomicPunk @ February 4, 2010 - 12:16AM)

Imma let you finish, and your cap numbers are all good and all that, but imma let Kenny figure it out. Kenny's cap numbers were the best cap numbers this year.

#58 puffy

puffy

Slightly Insane

• PipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 09:06 PM

I usually miss it dearly, but this year will be much easier for me.

I'm going to Paris in a few days and I'm spending an entire month there. :)

#59 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,024 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 11:06 PM

How is everyones answer not boozing it up like maf***as? Jesus, how else do you spend a summer! :lol:

#NOMOREKINDL

#60 Electrophile

Electrophile

Ipsa scientia potestas est.

• Silver Booster
  • 9,390 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 10:46 AM

Baseball, my family and friends, some good books, music, decent weather......lots of things. Off-seasons aren't really a pain for me, because they're going to happen whether we win or we lose. I actually enjoy the break, it lets me catch up on some things that I tend to neglect during the season.

electrophilewingsfloyd.jpg

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff."  -- The Doctor