• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

Osgood may retire following this season

Rate this topic

Some forwards do - goalies and defencemen almost never. I'm willing to wager Osgood doesn't make it, but I could be wrong.

He better ******* make it. He's the second best goalie of his generation, and the guy ahead of him is argued for the top spot all-time. Even if you add on the previous ten years, you only get two more guys better than Osgood, both of whom again are argued for that top spot.

I really hope he will stick around for another season or two IF he wants to and the organization wants to keep him.

A groin injury is expected if you have been on the shelf and only uses here or there.

Edited by Rivalred

He better ******* make it. He's the second best goalie of his generation, and the guy ahead of him is argued for the top spot all-time. Even if you add on the previous ten years, you only get two more guys better than Osgood, both of whom again are argued for that top spot.

I'm willing to engage in HHoF debates about Ozzie, and I love the guy, but calling him a generational talent is ridiculous. Outside of *ONE* season, he was consistently outside of the top ten in GAA and S%. As in every damn year. Plenty of times, he was outside the top twenty. He doesn't have any individual awards. At all.

Hats off to Ozzie for an astounding career. Whether it be because of the team that plays in front of him or because of his own talent, my respect goes out to him. He's had a long and successful professional hockey run.

I think I read something somewhere about how Draper and Osgood wanted to retire together. If this indeed happens, congrats to both of them & much love from the Red Wings fan base. :)

I heard Hasek is still in pretty good shape...

I actually thought about this the other day and to my surprise my brain was actually semi-serious about it. He just won a championship over in Europe a year or two ago, and honestly, if any player could manage the transition it'd be Hasek, the guy is just inhuman, like Datsyuk. It'd be a crazy, risky, laughable move on the part of Detroit, but I can't say that I'd honestly be upset.

I don't like the idea of a Howard-McCollum tandem, though. Bring in a vet like Conklin to offset. Howard is after all, still a bit unproven.