• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
miller76

Bettman makes how much?

Rate this topic

Making money is the number one priority in today's age.

You do actually want the NHL to be the best hockey league in the world right?

Here's some good facts about Bettman that I found on the blog I linked earlier.

ettman should be sharing his salary with some of the small market teams :lol:

Bettman has been good in some ways but really the success of the NHL was not his fault. The NHL gained popularity because Bettman did get more TV deals. If the NBA wasn't the god damn circus it is right now though it would still be higher than hockey. This was not Bettmans fault. He lucked out with the NBA shooting itself in the foot.

There is 1 reason there are 6 teams still in Canada. It has nothing to do with Bettman either. The rise of the Canadian dollar. The one thing Canadian teams needed managed to happen around the time of the lock out. Purely coincidence. Bettman again comes out looking like a ****** bag to fans but a genius financially.

If he admits defeat with his little southern experiment then I will be upset that he used our league for that experiment but still respect him trying it. He never will though.

ettman should be sharing his salary with some of the small market teams :lol:

Bettman has been good in some ways but really the success of the NHL was not his fault. The NHL gained popularity because Bettman did get more TV deals. If the NBA wasn't the god damn circus it is right now though it would still be higher than hockey. This was not Bettmans fault. He lucked out with the NBA shooting itself in the foot.

There is 1 reason there are 6 teams still in Canada. It has nothing to do with Bettman either. The rise of the Canadian dollar. The one thing Canadian teams needed managed to happen around the time of the lock out. Purely coincidence. Bettman again comes out looking like a ****** bag to fans but a genius financially.

If he admits defeat with his little southern experiment then I will be upset that he used our league for that experiment but still respect him trying it. He never will though.

Hmm...

The NBA started shooting itself in the foot about the time Bettman left. Maybe it's not such a coincidence. Just sayin...

I found some interesting statistics, it didn't seem worthy of making a thread about so I decided to throw them in here. For all the talk that VS and NBC were good ideas and how hockey is more popular now then ever we still have these statistics:

Game 6 of the 2010 Stanley cup finals = 8.28 million American viewers

Deciding game of 2009 world series = 22.3 million American viewers

World Cup Final (A sport which Americans are said to not care about and a game that didn't involve Team USA) = 24.3 million American viewers

Game 7 of 2010 NBA finals = 28.2 million American viewers

Source: http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/article/2010-world-cup-final-most-watched-soccer-match-us-history