• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#21 Winger19

Winger19

LET'S GO RED WINGS

• Pip
  • 137 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 03:16 PM

Having the opportunity to watch Kyle Beach while he was playing for Everett, Lethbridge and Spokane i can definitely tell you that he's a complete meathead. His on ice antics get tired after a while, and a lot of the time he puts himself ahead of the team.

He's been knocked out more than once for running his mouth. He's got a reputation and needs a coach that can really reign him in. The sad part is, just reading the thread title i knew exactly who the poster was referring to.

Edited by Winger19, 13 July 2010 - 03:22 PM.

#22 mjlegend

mjlegend

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,903 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 03:58 PM

Yeah, you pretty much either hate Kyle Beach or you play with him on your team. Not a lot of middle ground.

He also got his panties in a twist because at the U-18s in 2007, taping a "Team Ontario" sign over his jersey at the selection camp, claiming preferential treatment for those players. AFAIK, he was never invited back to a Canada camp again.

The Claude Lemieux comparison is a very good one.

#23 dragonballgtz

dragonballgtz

Yu-Gi-HOE

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,407 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 04:04 PM

Hell, if brothers fought each other in the NHL this does not surprise me.

#24 mb94

mb94

Draftee

• 13 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 04:10 PM

What af****** moron Beach is, for fighting a disciplined player who has never been in a fight before. No wonder he fell awkwardly and hurt him self in the second fight... He didn't even want to fight! And I can't believe Bowman is backing him (Beach) up.

#25 newfy

newfy

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 04:27 PM

What af****** moron Beach is, for fighting a disciplined player who has never been in a fight before. No wonder he fell awkwardly and hurt him self in the second fight... He didn't even want to fight! And I can't believe Bowman is backing him (Beach) up.

He's probably backing Beach up because he knows the whole story, unlike every single poster on this forum.....

RIP BOB PROBERT #24

#26 mb94

mb94

Draftee

• 13 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 05:32 PM

He's probably backing Beach up because he knows the whole story, unlike every single poster on this forum.....

Olimb didn't even drop his gloves the second time... You can't just cross check a guy and fight him when he doesn't want to fight! And it seems like Bowman doesn't care about Olimb injury at all. It sucks.. People say he was one of the best players on camp.

#27 TheDetroitRedWings

TheDetroitRedWings

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,197 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 05:37 PM

Olimb must be one frail hockey player. That fight didn't look damaging at all.

12041887825_d4b1d5c02f_o.jpg

#28 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 06:23 PM

Oh the schticks have the dancing shoes on this forum tonight.

#29 Shaman

Shaman

Die hard Red Wing fan and realist.

• Silver Booster
  • 3,841 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 07:32 PM

I wouldn't say thats true. He'll fight anyone really and doesn't care about size or mismatches, he fought Landon Ferraro but he also has fought guys like Frazer Mclaren, Brett Ponich, Brayden Mcnabb and Scott Ramsay who are all bigger then him.

In his draft year he fought smaller guys and a few big guys but this past season he really stepped up and fought alot of ppl his size or bigger. For someone who also was a 52 goal scorer, 186 pims and a lot of fighting majors is pretty good. He might not be as tough as Lucic, he may be close, but he definitely has more of a scoring line potential then Looch as well. He would probably be Detroits best prospect if he were in our system or right in the top 3 at least.

I wouldn't go that far, Maltby was a 50 goal scorer in the minors.
Feuer und Wasser kommt nicht zusammen
Kann man nicht binden sind nicht verwandt
In Funken versunken steh ich in Flammen
und bin im Wasser verbrannt
Im Wasser verbrannt

#30 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,738 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 07:36 PM

Like others have said, this is pretty common.

Those people overreacting make me wonder how closely they follow hockey.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#31 WorkingOvertime

WorkingOvertime

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,424 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 07:48 PM

I wouldn't go that far, Maltby was a 50 goal scorer in the minors.

I don't understand this argument. Maltby not becoming an offensive player doesn't prove that all 50 CHL goal scorers will not be strong offensive players in the NHL. He would be a top-5 prospect in the Wings system easily. Beach is a more offensive (maybe a little less tough) Lucic.

#32 SweWings

SweWings

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,917 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 09:07 PM

Olimb must be one frail hockey player. That fight didn't look damaging at all.

Yes because no one ever got injured from a random hit/fall. Oh wait, that happens all the time. Some people are just unlucky. And in this case it was also incredibly unnecessary.

#33 newfy

newfy

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 09:35 PM

Olimb didn't even drop his gloves the second time... You can't just cross check a guy and fight him when he doesn't want to fight! And it seems like Bowman doesn't care about Olimb injury at all. It sucks.. People say he was one of the best players on camp.

Just because he didn't drop his gloves doesn't mean he didn't deserve it. Claude Lemiuex didn't drop his gloves but he deserved every punch and knee in the face that Mac gave him.

Bowman has more intel on the situation so I think he can judge the situation much better then us just because we saw a guy get beat up and don't know why.

RIP BOB PROBERT #24

#34 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 08:47 PM

Is this the same dude?

Here's one of him against our very own Landon Ferraro. At least he dropped the gloves, I guess.

#35 Original-Six

Original-Six

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 850 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 10:19 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOPWNxOkNro

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fSbfMzgUGBo

lmao....

#36 drwscc

drwscc

I drink your milkshake...I drink it up!!!!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,289 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 11:34 AM

Wow, looks like Beach has a glass jaw. Good lord, like 3 1 punch knockouts.
Faith is to believe what you do not yet see; the reward for this faith is to see what you believe.

I went to a doctor the other day, and all he did was suck blood out of my neck. Never go see Dr. Acula
- Mitch Hedberg