• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
jollymania

Dan Carcillo re-signs with Philly 1 yr $1.075

Rate this topic

Philly gets a really good deal here I think. Guy who fights, pisses everyone off, is a fan favourite and can chip in some goals for 1 mil?

Too bad the wings couldnt get a guy like Carcillop for that kind of money.

That's a steal. He must really like being a Flyer, believe they can win, and want to give them the best chance to do so that he can. He isn't a guy who has earned $75mil in his career, he isn't a guy who is likely to retire without someo hurts that will last the rest of his life - he has every reason to grab all he can get but I don't think he did. Good on him. He plays the game right in just about every way.

That's a steal. He must really like being a Flyer, believe they can win, and want to give them the best chance to do so that he can. He isn't a guy who has earned $75mil in his career, he isn't a guy who is likely to retire without someo hurts that will last the rest of his life - he has every reason to grab all he can get but I don't think he did. Good on him. He plays the game right in just about every way.

Lol.

The Jody Shelley signing looks even more retarded after this. One of these plugs will be sitting every other game.

Lol.

The Jody Shelley signing looks even more retarded after this. One of these plugs will be sitting every other game.

Carcillo isn't even close to a plug, he would be on our 3rd line in Detroit most likely. Shelley might not be in every game but Carcillo will be in almost every single one, fighting and scoring goals.

Philly gets a really good deal here I think. Guy who fights, pisses everyone off, is a fan favourite and can chip in some goals for 1 mil?

Too bad the wings couldnt get a guy like Carcillop for that kind of money.

flyers are 2.5M over the cap. Would kenny have the stones to trade rittola for a guy like carcillo?? doubt it <_<

Carcillo isn't even close to a plug, he would be on our 3rd line in Detroit most likely. Shelley might not be in every game but Carcillo will be in almost every single one, fighting and scoring goals.

Wasn't he a healthy scratch for 5 or so games in the playoffs? I remember him being a liability in the SCFs. Oh well.

Wasn't he a healthy scratch for 5 or so games in the playoffs? I remember him being a liability in the SCFs. Oh well.

He was a healthy scratch for something like 20% of his team's postseason run. I don't recall him being all that much of a liability though. He went +1 for the 17 games he played. I wouldn't call him a plug, but then again I wouldn't "LOL" at people I disagree with on the internet or call a coaching move "retarded" when I know full well that there are some good people out there who would take offence at such.

There is NO way he would ever be on our third line. MAYBE last year during december when our team was ravaged by injury would a guy like him be on the third line. Its true he's not a plug... but 3rd line in Detroit? Please.

There is NO way he would ever be on our third line. MAYBE last year during december when our team was ravaged by injury would a guy like him be on the third line. Its true he's not a plug... but 3rd line in Detroit? Please.

Last year he's on our third line for sure, 100%. Next year, maybe not with Hudler coming back but this last season he would most likely be higher on teh depth chart than Eaves, Miller, Draper, Cleary(while playing hurt), Abby, May, Maltby and Ritola in his short time up. Abby, May and Malts was our 4th line and Carcillo is way better then any of them at this point, he's better then Miller for sure who saw a lot of time on the 3rd and Eaves is pretty similar skill wise but he isn't nearly as physical

If we are putting Carcillo on our 3rd line.... We are in a lot more trouble than I thought we were.

Which we aren't btw but people who think he makes it to the 3rd line are looney.

Carcillo did play many games on Philly's first and second lines last year. While he probably wouldn't make the Wing's third line, he is a decent player.

Carcillo did play many games on Philly's first and second lines last year. While he probably wouldn't make the Wing's third line, he is a decent player.

Very important part of the post right there. I understand he is decent. But lets be rational here when we have guys like Helm, Clears, Huds now, or Bert who are way better 3rd line options. Like a poster had said before, maybe during our injury plague he makes it there but not any other chance at it outside of that.

Very important part of the post right there. I understand he is decent. But lets be rational here when we have guys like Helm, Clears, Huds now, or Bert who are way better 3rd line options. Like a poster had said before, maybe during our injury plague he makes it there but not any other chance at it outside of that.

If Bert is on teh third line then there is an opening in the top 6, so someone will be moved up which makes Carcillo likely a third liner, Helm and Carcillo are pretty close for me, Carcillo has more potential to score but Helm is better on the PK and is much faster, Hudler obviously will be on the third before him but thats what I already said. With Hudler and a healthy Cleary he's not on our third. Without these he probably is and this past season he would've been.

As for the whole Philly thing, they just almost won the cup and did much better then a healthy playoff, Detroit team did so I wouldn't be knocking them too much.

As for the whole Philly thing, they just almost won the cup and did much better then a healthy playoff, Detroit team did so I wouldn't be knocking them too much.

Yep and during the regular season when Carcillo was on these 1st and 2nd lines they were pretty far out the playoff hunt and were most of the year too. I realize they came close but that Eastern Conference is a crap shoot no matter how you slice it so I don't really hear those comparisons too much with Philly and u s. Not knocking them just simply sayin'....

Yep and during the regular season when Carcillo was on these 1st and 2nd lines they were pretty far out the playoff hunt and were most of the year too. I realize they came close but that Eastern Conference is a crap shoot no matter how you slice it so I don't really hear those comparisons too much with Philly and u s. Not knocking them just simply sayin'....

Yeah and Detroit with guys like Datsyuk and Zetterberg on their first and second lines were out of a playoff spot most of the year as well. There was only 5 wings with more goals then Carcillo. A lot of ppl underrate him because they just see him as an unclassy goon(which on this board means you don't belong in the NHL)