• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
redwingfan19

RUMOR: Wings Offer 1-year Contract to Maltby

Rate this topic

He was a great contributor during the glory days, but those times are long since past. Even at that, I'd be much more on board with this if we didn't have a boatload of redundant 3rd/4th line players already.

FML

Edited by Zetts

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

Words cannot express how shocked I'd be if he was a regular. Either minors, 14th foward, or gets waived/traded to tampa.

I'd rather have Maltby than Modano. With Modano I'm sure the team would feel pressure to at least give him 3rd line minutes. Maltby can play 8-10 minutes or can be a healthy scratch without complaints.

Lol if you are at all serious. Yes the team would feel pressure to give him 3rd line minutes, because that is exactly what he deserves. In what perverse world is Maltby better than Modano.

Guys this isn't the end of the world, relax, everything will be alright. Looks to me like just another depth signing, one to make competition, just like with Eaves, Miller and Meech. I don't see anywhere where it says he will be on the roster next season.

And besides, its just an offer. Maybe its too low for his interests? :hehe:

Edited by hooon

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

I think it's funny that they offered him a contract and he didn't immediately jump all over it. I wonder if San Jose and Minnesota will be making him an offer as well...

I heard the Blackhawks may need to fill some holes on with cheap players.

I'm not surprised. This is the final year of the familiar Detroit Red Wings. Next season, Drapes, Malts, Lidstrom, and Ozzie will all be gone. Homer will be the lone wolf from our championship dynasty squad.

Big changes will come next season. Familiar faces will stay, for now...

Guest Crymson

Umm.... and you're getting this from a third-party rumor website? Hold your horses.