• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

#41 redwingfan19

redwingfan19

On a mission

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,523 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 11:21 PM

That was a really cool video. I love seeing anything regarding prospects.

oops wrong link, basically it says take strickland with a grain of salt regarding malts but we all new that
You may not like tough hockey, but it's winning hockey.

Mitch Callahan: 48GP, 6G, 3A, 9PTS,+/- -3, 103PIMS

14 Fighting Majors

#42 Booster313

Booster313

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,607 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 11:30 PM

I am thinking this has to be a loyalty two-way contract. Not that Malts can't contribute in some form, but there are better players with a similar game in the system. Look for Malts to spend most of the season in GR unless there are significant injuries.

What kind of color is red? Red is a warning, a declaration, a color that says I'm ready to do what it takes. Red is focused and driven because red doesn't like second place. So what kind of color is red? Their kind.

#43 Johnny Diamonds

Johnny Diamonds

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 769 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 12:00 AM

I think it's funny that they offered him a contract and he didn't immediately jump all over it. I wonder if San Jose and Minnesota will be making him an offer as well...

Maybe it is a 2 way contract and that's why he isn't jumping all over it. Or he could be mulling retirement. This might be an indication that Holland is no longer confident that Modano will sign here.

oops wrong link, basically it says take strickland with a grain of salt regarding malts but we all new that

The Griffins have a YouTube channel. It's pretty cool to check out during the season.

Griffin Vision

#44 Shaman

Shaman

Die hard Red Wing fan and realist.

• Silver Booster
  • 3,846 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 12:39 AM

Feuer und Wasser kommt nicht zusammen
Kann man nicht binden sind nicht verwandt
In Funken versunken steh ich in Flammen
und bin im Wasser verbrannt
Im Wasser verbrannt

#45 andidrw

andidrw

Draftee

• 5 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 01:36 AM

Im not really surprised. Hopefully hes got some hockey left in him.

i hope it's not true this guy needs to go he can be replaced. maltby draper need to retire let Abdelkader, helm take over.

#46 Rondo

Rondo

Draftee

• 12 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 02:12 AM

It's ok guys, Maltby works out at my gym. I'll ask him tomorrow

#47 dat's sick

dat's sick

Fear can hold you prisoner, hope can set you free

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,352 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 03:06 AM

Oh lord.

I really don't see a place for Maltby on the team with Helm, Abdelkader, Miller, Eaves, Ritola and Draper.. I hope this doesn't mean that Holland won't be getting Helm or Abby signed.

#48 Aussie_Wing

Aussie_Wing

Mursak

• Bronze Booster
  • 8,550 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 03:10 AM

Maybe it is a 2 way contract and that's why he isn't jumping all over it. Or he could be mulling retirement. This might be an indication that Holland is no longer confident that Modano will sign here.

The Griffins have a YouTube channel. It's pretty cool to check out during the season.

Griffin Vision

Fantastic goal by Mursak at 1:35. :siren:

Can't wait for this kid to hit Detroit. :clap:

Ken Holland: Hes (Mursak) a young guy, provides energy, can skate, hes a puck hound.

#49 WizardOfOz30

WizardOfOz30

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,726 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 07:24 AM

I had heard Maltby was considering San Jose, so it may depend on what they have offered him since he'd have to re-locate his family. But if he wants to play for more than just next season, he won't take the Wings offer if there is something else out there.

Posted Image

Thanks Offsides

"If I could sum up my career in Detroit, I was a perfect goalie for the team at the perfect time. I just wanted to be a Red Wing, that's it." Chris Osgood, July 19, 2011

#50 Hatethedrake!

Hatethedrake!

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,496 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 08:57 AM

We're rolling 5 lines!
Jordan Tootoo will wreck shop.

We need someone like Parise that can penetrate the box.-blueadams

#51 StevieY9802

StevieY9802

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,529 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 09:11 AM

Our only hope is that they're wrong. NHLSourcesSay isn't the most reliable.

Bingo. I wouldn't put anything into this. This guy said Wings were going to offer Kovalchuk a one years 8.5mil deal and I replied to him and said they would have to move about 6mil worth of salary to do that. Then within minutes he said he talked to a source that told him it was just a dream idea by someone and it wasn't real. Yeah from me and or a bunch of others saying there is no way this happens? There is no way if they are waiting on Modano that they would sign Malts. Maybe they do if Mo says no but I dont think he's back. Without Modano and signing Abby and Helm Wings are at 14 forwards. I don't see it happening unles he wants to play in GR.

#52 mindfly

mindfly

GRRRRR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,170 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 12:31 PM

This team needs to get younger, the exception is spelled Modano however.

#53 Dimaline312000

Dimaline312000

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,182 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 01:44 PM

Hopefully not. It's time to bring in some of our younger players. That's it and that's all.

#54 andidrw

andidrw

Draftee

• 5 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 08:21 PM

same team i can see anothe early exit for the wings. i don't think hudler will make a diffrence. i see him as jason williams/ the following players need to move on

hudler (overpaid)
meech
williams
draper
maltby

#55 StevieY9802

StevieY9802

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,529 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 11:44 AM

same team i can see anothe early exit for the wings. i don't think hudler will make a diffrence. i see him as jason williams/ the following players need to move on

hudler (overpaid)
meech
williams
draper
maltby

Jiri Hudler's last two playoffs 9 goals and 26 points. Jason Williams last two playoffs: 0 goals. So yeah, totally the same. His last season here he had 23 goals so you really don't think that'll make a difference? As for him being overpaid guys who scored around 23 goals last year were Vinny Lecavalier, Brad Richards (who both make almost 8mil) RJ Umberger who makes $3.7mil Radim Vrbada who makes $3mil. So overpaid? Not really.

Williams is gone, Meech probably will be and at best Maltby is on a two-way contract, which I don't think he'll take. Kris Draper will be gone after this year.

So do you actually think things through or research them before you post them or no?

Edited by StevieY9802, 15 July 2010 - 11:47 AM.

#56 Jesusberg

Jesusberg

1st Line All-Star

• Gold Booster
  • 1,772 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 03:02 PM

I figured it was the wrong link, but I thoroughly enjoyed Jiri Fischer chirping the prospects. And his potential passing wind at the very end of the video once the bench clears out, lol. :hehe:

EDIT: Oh yeah... umm... boo to Maltby.

Edited by Jesusberg, 15 July 2010 - 03:03 PM.

#57 Chicktube

Chicktube

Draftee

• 13 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 07:21 PM

Jiri Hudler's last two playoffs 9 goals and 26 points. Jason Williams last two playoffs: 0 goals. So yeah, totally the same. His last season here he had 23 goals so you really don't think that'll make a difference? As for him being overpaid guys who scored around 23 goals last year were Vinny Lecavalier, Brad Richards (who both make almost 8mil) RJ Umberger who makes $3.7mil Radim Vrbada who makes $3mil. So overpaid? Not really.

Williams is gone, Meech probably will be and at best Maltby is on a two-way contract, which I don't think he'll take. Kris Draper will be gone after this year.

So do you actually think things through or research them before you post them or no?

BOOM!

Posted Image

#58 Hiei

Hiei

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 08:21 PM

only reason I see Malts crack this lineup is if he, Draper, and Helm become the new grind line. Malts starts crap with other players, scores timely goals, and checks. Draper wins faceoffs and Helm/Abby f*** up everyone on the ice.

"Hit em with your purse, ya *****!" - Random Wings fans shouting at Franziska

#59 germanwing

germanwing

2nd Line Scorer

• Gold Booster
  • 580 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 07:10 AM

Not really a rumor, but at least some new information about Malts!

http://www.detnews.c...der-Kirk-Maltby