• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
RedWingsFan1003

Trade idea between Wings & Hawks

Rate this topic

I think the point your missing is that Chicago may have to move Sharp regardless. Without Huet, they currently have about 4.5 million to get 2 goalies, 2 forwards, and 2 defensemen. If they want to keep Niemi or get someone like Turco, it will cost a big chunk of that free space. They might be able to get something cheap enough, and/or shorten the roster to 21, but it would be tight. Getting three players for the price of one would at least help them fill their roster.

Not saying it could happen. NTC and the rivalry being the obvious barriers. It's also certainly possible that Chicago could get a better deal in terms of immediate returns. But it really wouldn't be a bad deal for them, all things considered. Going back to Cleary, Meech + Ritola, it would give them a capable top 6 forward, a potentially decent 3rd/4th-line forward, and a somewhat versatile plug 7th D/13-14 Forward. Though they still might need someone cheaper than Cleary depending on what they spend on their goalies.

But to summarize, they basically need to choose between gambling on cheap goaltending, or moving Sharp. Neither is a particularly great option, and I'd probably risk the goalies. I'd maybe even see what I had to give away to get someone to take Campbell. But there are certainly worse things they could do.

I completely understand the fact that they might have to move Sharp, but i just dont see the Hawks making a trade to make our team better while making theirs worse regardless if they are getting 3 players for the price of 1. They are getting 3 below average players for 1 top 6 forward, and it just doesnt make sense. If the hawks want to keep fans and atleast stay contenders not only in the central but in the league as a whole, getting rid of Shark for cleary would be a dumb move. Not to mention Cleary has a no trade clause i he is not going to wave it to go play for Chicago, even though it is the team that drafted him like the OP is arguing. Noone is going to want to waive his NTC from a cup contending team to go to a team that doesnt really have a playoff bound squad anymore just so that he can go back to the team that drafted him (and cut him) when he was younger. The OP's arguemennts just dont make sense at all and he comes off as a guy who thinks the wings should get everything they want and give up little to nothing for it. Its not how things work in the cap era.

The OP's arguemennts just dont make sense at all and he comes off as a guy who thinks the wings should get everything they want and give up little to nothing for it. Its not how things work in the cap era.

It's like we are becoming Maple Leaf type of fans. Everything wants to be traded to the Red Wings first, everyone wants to come here for lesser pay, everyone will do what ever is best for the Wings organization.

:tomato:

Edited by dragonballgtz