• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
HockeyTownHouligan

Lilja, Modano, and Maltby news

Rate this topic

Plus, Homer doesn't need to play all 82 games. He can miss half the season injured as long as he's healthy for the playoffs. If Homer misses half the season injured, that's about $1m that could be used in a deadline trade, right?

[/font]

If any player is put on LTIR, regardless of how long he is gone, his full salary hit comes on the books when he returns, not just a percentage.So it wouldn't really have an effect on what we could do for the deadline, unless he's on LTIR until the playoffs start, at which we can go any amount over the cap.

If Homer ultimately can't play the second season due to injury, he'll be put down on LTIR for like the Flyers did with Mike Rathje. Rathje signed a five year deal with the Flyers and was only able to play the first two, spending the past three seasons listed on LTIR. The contract ended last season and Rathje chose to retire - had Philly won, Rathje might have gotten a ring and his name on the Cup.

Plus, Homer doesn't need to play all 82 games. He can miss half the season injured as long as he's healthy for the playoffs. If Homer misses half the season injured, that's about $1m that could be used in a deadline trade, right?

IMO, the member I was responding to wasn't referring to LTIR. He mentions Maltby (who's an UFA) and three other Wings who are set to be UFA's come 2011/2012. Homer doesn't fall into that category.

As for missing the first half of the season, his replaced salary would only be allowed for the time Homer was actually out. So, no...if Homer misses the first half and then returns the Wings immediately have to become cap compliant and dump the salary they took on the first half when he was injured.

Guest screwdahawks

Modano's uninspired play the past two seasons is the reason he was not offered a contract by the Stars so why should we think he is going to be a great fit with the Wings? If he really wanted to play the decision would already be made I say piss on him and move on.

Modano's uninspired play the past two seasons is the reason he was not offered a contract by the Stars so why should we think he is going to be a great fit with the Wings? If he really wanted to play the decision would already be made I say piss on him and move on.

The first part is because he was playing with the Stars and they stunk. So I can see that and would think a change of venue would be good. But I agree with your second part, not he piss part. If he wanted to play he should know by now. Don't pull a Sundin/Niedermayer.

I just received a tweet from Pierre Lebrun from espn saying that the rumor of the Hawks being interested in Modano is false. Hell what were they going to pay him with, a bag of groceries?

I just received a tweet from Pierre Lebrun from espn saying that the rumor of the Hawks being interested in Modano is false. Hell what were they going to pay him with, a bag of groceries?

He would have to be the #3 and 4 center along with playing wing on his own line. so maybe 2 bags of groceries. I figured the Hawks one had to be false, or they were just that stupid.

He would have to be the #3 and 4 center along with playing wing on his own line. so maybe 2 bags of groceries. I figured the Hawks one had to be false, or they were just that stupid.

:lol: At his age that would be tricky. The good news is if he signs in Detroit he will only have to play on one line and we will pay him with real green backs !