No registered users viewing this page.

CenterIce

Red Wings re-sign Derek Meech

Rate this topic

Guest mindfly

Is that a good source? Ritola appear to be signed there too

Edited by mindfly

Guest mindfly

ooh my bad...it's just ritola has been the main object for a trade if Modano signs here, that's it. Is ritola's contract a 3-year entry level deal?

Edited by mindfly

ooh my bad...it's just ritola has been the main object for a trade if Modano signs here, that's it. Is ritola's contract a 3-year entry level deal?

more or less... he already signed his entry level deal to play for GR, but this is more or less an entry level deal, as it's either "make Detroit's roster, or bust"

Edited by stevkrause

pretty sure almost none of that is true.

pretty sure all of it is...

look for yourself - http://www.capgeek.com/players/display.php?id=297

He already had his entry level contract, otherwise, wouldn't have been eligible for GR, if Modano is added, there is a good chance that Ritolas and Miller battle for the final roster spot in camp and the loser of the battle gets traded, the other basically sits in the press box, unless they WAY outplay someone else or there's an injury.

wow 500k? how is he going to sleep at night knowing Lebda makes 1.45m!!! hahah .. GReat f'n sign btw.

yea, no kidding... I feel bad for any d-man in the league making less than him, as it's got to just feel unfair to them - "why is a pylon making more than me?"

Edited by stevkrause

That is indeed a very trade-able contract if it comes to that.

Meech is a very serviceable #6 and a team in cap hell that is also in need of a 6th d wouldn't mind taking that league minimum hit on.

I think the success Quincey had after being a scratch in DET will help make Meech more trade-able, again if it comes to that.

And in the event there is no need to trade him, that is a very friendly cap hit for the Wings who just may have a revolving door in the 3rd pairing.

EDIT: also as pointed out and as we saw last year he can be the 13th forward as well as 7th d, all at the same time!

Edited by Opie

more or less... he already signed his entry level deal to play for GR, but this is more or less an entry level deal, as it's either "make Detroit's roster, or bust"

You can only sign one entry level deal there is no more or less. it is or isnt.

I know you'll say that you knew this even though u obviously didnt -- but an elc does not allow someone to play in the ahl.

You can only sign one entry level deal there is no more or less. it is or isnt.

I know you'll say that you knew this even though u obviously didnt -- but an elc does not allow someone to play in the ahl.

Go re-read the original post - I said more or less, because even though he already had his entry level deal, this is the same type of deal IN THE SENSE that it's a "show us enough to keep you deal"...

Also, although it isn't REQUIRED, if you followed the way the Wings brass runs things, they generally don't sign players to their entry level deals, until they're ready to put them in GR...

Keep trying though...

Go re-read the original post - I said more or less, because even though he already had his entry level deal, this is the same type of deal IN THE SENSE that it's a "show us enough to keep you deal"...

Also, although it isn't REQUIRED, if you followed the way the Wings brass runs things, they generally don't sign players to their entry level deals, until they're ready to put them in GR...

Keep trying though...

So its an elc based on ur own personal rare opinion on what an elc is. Ok keep trying.

Its not an elc. End of story. It's not even close to an elc. there no such thing as being close to an elc. an elc had restrictions, incentives, term limits, etc. Ritola has nothing of that sort applied to him.

So its an elc based on ur own personal rare opinion on what an elc is. Ok keep trying.

Its not an elc. End of story. It's not even close to an elc. there no such thing as being close to an elc. an elc had restrictions, incentives, term limits, etc. Ritola has nothing of that sort applied to him.

man, you're really reaching to prove me wrong...

all I ever said, was that it was the similar in what it meant in terms of making the team, I never said anything about it's actual contractual, or monetary value and if you read what I posted without your head in your ass, it was pretty clear...

pretty weak...

man, you're really reaching to prove me wrong...

all I ever said, was that it was the similar in what it meant in terms of making the team, I never said anything about it's actual contractual, or monetary value and if you read what I posted without your head in your ass, it was pretty clear...

pretty weak...

rofl...

okay

I can't fathom how Holland would consider trading him, unless we sign another defenseman. What happened to defensive depth? If we signed nobody else AND traded Meech, we'd be in a boatload of trouble if any injuries came up.

I can't fathom how Holland would consider trading him, unless we sign another defenseman. What happened to defensive depth? If we signed nobody else AND traded Meech, we'd be in a boatload of trouble if any injuries came up.

no need to panic, we have Janik!