• Please log in to reply
88 replies to this topic

#61 Jaymister

Jaymister

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,953 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 05:59 PM

If Adam Mair is still available in September I'd really like to see him in a Wings uniform, for cheap of course. Unfortunetly Holland seems to rather go after the Eaves and Millers of the world, who hit some and score more than Mair will, but they wont intimdate anyone.
Cujo is a top 5 goalie in the league- Scott Lucidi

#62 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,696 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 06:37 PM

If Adam Mair is still available in September I'd really like to see him in a Wings uniform, for cheap of course. Unfortunetly Holland seems to rather go after the Eaves and Millers of the world, who hit some and score more than Mair will, but they wont intimdate anyone.

I wouldn't mind seeing Mair in Detroit.There's still plenty of grit out there.Kenny will pick someone up before the beginning of the season.
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#63 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 06:44 PM

Agree on the Miller aspect more so than on the Eaves portion. Eaves proved his worth on the ice this year and brought a nice added burst to his line and has a more than acceptable wrist shot. Character guys such as Eaves are more valuable than ever given credit for.
TO WHOM MUCH IS GIVEN, MUCH IS EXPECTED.

#64 newfy

newfy

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 06:47 PM

Agree on the Miller aspect more so than on the Eaves portion. Eaves proved his worth on the ice this year and brought a nice added burst to his line and has a more than acceptable wrist shot. Character guys such as Eaves are more valuable than ever given credit for.

Agreed. Eaves is a solid 3rd liner on any team in this league. But Miller just is so blah for me.

Adam Mair wouldn't be bad. He reminds me a lot of Drake and actually gets some points. He hits, fights(not a whole lot) and is a solid player. I would like him here for sure.

RIP BOB PROBERT #24

#65 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,696 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 06:50 PM

for 750 K,Kenny really got a steal in re-signing Eaves.He's easily the most underrated player on the team.

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#66 Jaymister

Jaymister

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,953 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 06:53 PM

I like how Eaves played last year for sure and Miller did his job well too in my opinion, i'm just saying Kenny hasn't found a good enforcer type that can also contribute since Dmac.

#67 newfy

newfy

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 06:57 PM

I like how Eaves played last year for sure and Miller did his job well too in my opinion, i'm just saying Kenny hasn't found a good enforcer type that can also contribute since Dmac.

He doesn't need too really I don't think. He should just find 2 other plays like Abby that can play and fight middleweights. Miller and Meech for BJ Crombeen would help. He can play and fight. Then we add a guy like Callahan in 2 years and sign a tough #6 Dman. I really don't think it would be hard to make this team tough considering all the older guys retiring in the next few seasons.

RIP BOB PROBERT #24

#68 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,696 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 07:01 PM

He doesn't need too really I don't think. He should just find 2 other plays like Abby that can play and fight middleweights. Miller and Meech for BJ Crombeen would help. He can play and fight. Then we add a guy like Callahan in 2 years and sign a tough #6 Dman. I really don't think it would be hard to make this team tough considering all the older guys retiring in the next few seasons.

Is Crombeen a RFA?I thought St.Louis had him under contract?

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#69 Jaymister

Jaymister

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,953 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 07:02 PM

Crombeen would be awsome, no idea what St.Louis would want for him though.

#70 jollymania

jollymania

Heavy Hitter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,610 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 07:14 PM

If sutton isn't signed yet, chances are he coudl be available to fill the the grit role at a much lower price than expected. He doesn't fight much, but like john scott his large size allows him to make up for not being a great or consistent fighter, plus he hits better than any real fighter-type, yes including downey, who uk-redwing says delivered multiple twice-as-damaging-as-kronwall type hits every shift.

Edited by jollymania, 15 July 2010 - 07:15 PM.

"I assure you the hits along the boards he(Aaron Downey) constantly threw SEVERAL TIMES EVERY SHIFT were far more damaging hits that what Kronwall throws."
- uk_redwing
HockeyArchive Twitter

#71 newfy

newfy

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 07:15 PM

Is Crombeen a RFA?I thought St.Louis had him under contract?

Ya they do but its not like he would be untradeable. Miller, meech and ritola combination could get him maybe

RIP BOB PROBERT #24

#72 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,696 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 07:16 PM

If sutton isn't signed yet, chances are he coudl be available to fill the the grit role at a much lower price than expected. He doesn't fight much, but like john scott his large size allows him to make up for not being a great or consistent fighter, plus he hits better than any real fighter-type.

Yeah with every day that passes without signing anywhere,i think these guy's stocks drop little by little.I can't believe Sutton hasn't been signed anywhere yet.

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#73 Guest_screwdahawks (Guest)

Guest_screwdahawks (Guest)
  • Guests

Posted 16 July 2010 - 09:57 AM

The hits on Z and Ericsson were relatively clean, iirc. May was sadly scratched durring the game in which Laraque creamed Kronwall.

And Franzen is not tough. Tough men do not cower away in sheer terror when other, smaller men come after them on the ice. See Franzen v. Getslaf in the playoffs when Franzen made an embarassment out of the sweater - when the linesman is laughing at you, it means you're not tough. Watch Franzen when he's forced to fight - he just looks away and makes it clear that all he cares about is making sure that his precious face doesn't get touched. mo He's gutless, except when it comes to taking mouthguards from midgets, then he's Billy Badass.

LOL, maybe we should call him Francine or miss Franny cuz he sure ain't no swingin dick. 6'3" 220 lb ***** that plays smaller than Hudler. If he had Helm's guts he would be the best power forward in the league..

Edited by screwdahawks, 16 July 2010 - 10:03 AM.

#74 newfy

newfy

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 10:58 AM

LOL, maybe we should call him Francine or miss Franny cuz he sure ain't no swingin dick. 6'3" 220 lb ***** that plays smaller than Hudler. If he had Helm's guts he would be the best power forward in the league..

Its true, I dunno who gave you minus 2 but he definitely does not use his size like he should. If he played with the guts of Helm he would be an unstoppable force out there. saying he plays smaller then Hudler is a stretch but he definitely does play smaller then he should. Back before he was a goal scorer, he used to cream guys, now he doesn't

RIP BOB PROBERT #24

#75 Guest_screwdahawks (Guest)

Guest_screwdahawks (Guest)
  • Guests

Posted 16 July 2010 - 12:51 PM

Its true, I dunno who gave you minus 2 but he definitely does not use his size like he should. If he played with the guts of Helm he would be an unstoppable force out there. saying he plays smaller then Hudler is a stretch but he definitely does play smaller then he should. Back before he was a goal scorer, he used to cream guys, now he doesn't

The Hudler comment was a bit of a stretch but hot damn can you imagine a combo of Helm and Franzen? :idea: All we can do is hope that Callahan has a growth spurt like Aubry over the next couple of years.

#76 newfy

newfy

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 03:01 PM

The Hudler comment was a bit of a stretch but hot damn can you imagine a combo of Helm and Franzen? :idea: All we can do is hope that Callahan has a growth spurt like Aubry over the next couple of years.

Callahan will probably end up at about 6' when he's playing which isn't big by any means, but it is big enough. Especially given his streak of wins last year against a lot of guys who were 6'3 or 6'4. Seriously the kid lost about 3 out of 20 fights last year and they weren't even very big losses.

Speaking of Aubry, he could end up a pretty big hitter. This is the way I look at him. He played for a soft team and he just got big. He didn't have time to fill out at all but still led his team in hits. Once he fills out his frame he will probably be absolutely punishing guys with the weight to go with his height. He likes to be physical but once his weight packs on he will be so much more effective at it. He also started getting in some fights once he got big, I can only imagine as he gets stronger to go with his size the fighting might as well.

Callahan - Aubry - "Tough guy"

That could be a future absolute killer 4th line especially if Aubry gets meaner as he gets bigger. The wings future looks much more gritty then the past.

RIP BOB PROBERT #24

#77 jollymania

jollymania

Heavy Hitter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,610 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 03:08 PM

franzen does not play like hudler, he routinely battles his way to the net and hits guys, he is merely a coward when it comes to fighting, but not fighting doesn't mean playing like hudler like some here believe.
"I assure you the hits along the boards he(Aaron Downey) constantly threw SEVERAL TIMES EVERY SHIFT were far more damaging hits that what Kronwall throws."
- uk_redwing
HockeyArchive Twitter

#78 newfy

newfy

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 03:19 PM

franzen does not play like hudler, he routinely battles his way to the net and hits guys, he is merely a coward when it comes to fighting, but not fighting doesn't mean playing like hudler like some here believe.

Like I said its a stretch to say he plays like Hudler. I will give you he routinely goes to the net, but so does every player on the wings. Where I do not agree is when you say he hits. Obviously he does yeah, we've seen him throw some dandies. But he hardly ever does anymore. Breaking into the league as a grinder he routinely threw huge hits, now he might have one big hit a season. For a guy with that size, he should be throwing it around more, I always see him letting up on a guy when he should be putting him through the glass. The fighting doesn't bother me because he is one of our best goal scorers, but scorers aren't above finishing a check and Franzen does not very often

RIP BOB PROBERT #24

#79 jollymania

jollymania

Heavy Hitter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,610 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 03:51 PM

Like I said its a stretch to say he plays like Hudler. I will give you he routinely goes to the net, but so does every player on the wings. Where I do not agree is when you say he hits. Obviously he does yeah, we've seen him throw some dandies. But he hardly ever does anymore. Breaking into the league as a grinder he routinely threw huge hits, now he might have one big hit a season. For a guy with that size, he should be throwing it around more, I always see him letting up on a guy when he should be putting him through the glass. The fighting doesn't bother me because he is one of our best goal scorers, but scorers aren't above finishing a check and Franzen does not very often

one day ill make a franzen hit reel for ya, he has plenty, this last year of course he didn't have as many for obvious reasons
- uk_redwing
HockeyArchive Twitter

#80 newfy

newfy

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 08:33 PM

one day ill make a franzen hit reel for ya, he has plenty, this last year of course he didn't have as many for obvious reasons

Only use big hits from the ;last 2 seasons after he became a goal scorer. I know he has some big ones prior to that but find some recent ones and make sure they are legit hits for a guy who is almost the biggest on his team

RIP BOB PROBERT #24