* * * * - 3 votes

Mitch Callahan

• Please log in to reply
88 replies to this topic

#81 Guest_screwdahawks (Guest)

Guest_screwdahawks (Guest)
  • Guests

Posted 17 July 2010 - 09:49 AM

Only use big hits from the ;last 2 seasons after he became a goal scorer. I know he has some big ones prior to that but find some recent ones and make sure they are legit hits for a guy who is almost the biggest on his team

Oh boy, the shortest highlight reel in history coming up.

Edited by screwdahawks, 17 July 2010 - 09:51 AM.

#82 NGKEIB

NGKEIB

eltit rebmem motsuC

• PipPipPipPip
  • 780 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 09:25 AM

Oh boy, the shortest highlight reel in history coming up.

I can think of one - his nice hit on Hiller after scoring on him :)
"Summa pia gratia nostra conservando corpora et custodita, de gente fera Normannica nos libera, quae nostra vastat, Deus, regna."

#83 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

LGW's impromptu Photoshopper

• Silver Booster
  • 4,340 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 12:09 PM

Everyone else gets physical in the playoffs on the team as well. Its basically your duty as a hockey player. As for that hit, yeah it hurt Crosby but he also just rubbed him out and it awkwardly twisted Sid up. For every hit Mule lays there is a time he lets up where I'm yelling at the TV about how his 6'3 220lb body could've crushed someone.

The good news is Franzen shouldn't be putting his body on the line with his long contract and his performance offensively in the playoffs should be enough for people to get over the fact he doesn't hit as much as one would like.

The team is about puck possession, not dump and chase. The top 6 shouldn't have to hit people often.

Edited by Doc Holliday, 18 July 2010 - 12:10 PM.

Posted Image

#84 newfy

newfy

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 04:32 PM

The good news is Franzen shouldn't be putting his body on the line with his long contract and his performance offensively in the playoffs should be enough for people to get over the fact he doesn't hit as much as one would like.

The team is about puck possession, not dump and chase. The top 6 shouldn't have to hit people often.

Yeah but when given the chance a 6'3 hockey player should make a hit o the other team. Mule chooses not too alot of the time

RIP BOB PROBERT #24

#85 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,696 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 07:17 PM

If Franzen,Ericsson,and Bertuzzi ditch the ballerina outfits and get mean here and there..oh boyy.. :scared:
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#86 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

LGW's impromptu Photoshopper

• Silver Booster
  • 4,340 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 07:51 PM

Yeah but when given the chance a 6'3 hockey player should make a hit o the other team. Mule chooses not too alot of the time

And? Normally the team that hits most has the puck the least.

Take a look at this wonderful hilight. Who got the puck after every hit?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XpBXdefDulU

Posted Image

#87 jollymania

jollymania

Heavy Hitter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,610 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 08:07 PM

Only use big hits from the ;last 2 seasons after he became a goal scorer. I know he has some big ones prior to that but find some recent ones and make sure they are legit hits for a guy who is almost the biggest on his team

I want to make it a decent length so I will use all his hits, I actually have more footage of his more recent hits (last 2 years) than of his older ones.
"I assure you the hits along the boards he(Aaron Downey) constantly threw SEVERAL TIMES EVERY SHIFT were far more damaging hits that what Kronwall throws."
- uk_redwing
HockeyArchive Twitter

#88 newfy

newfy

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 02:21 PM

And? Normally the team that hits most has the puck the least.

Take a look at this wonderful hilight. Who got the puck after every hit?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XpBXdefDulU

Yeah, but that doesn't mean the other team never has the puck against Detroit. There have been plenty of times when Franzen could finish a check but doesn't. Yeah we have the puck more then the other team cool, doesn't change the fact that our team can still play the body when we don't have it.

As for that highlight, yeah the wings got the puck after every hit. But all they did was play with it in the corner, get laid out and Pitty got huge momentum from that sequence. Did you see the crowd?

It doesn't matter if our team has the puck more, when we don't have the puck a 6'3 guy should play the body more then what Mule does. Especially when he has shown he is a capable hitter in the past.

RIP BOB PROBERT #24

#89 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 12:58 PM

It will be soon enough.

Anyway, this is actually the first I've heard of this kid outside of "there's a person who's involved in hockey and his name is Mitchel Callahan". Its cool to see a gritty aspect working its way up through our system. With guys like him and Abby and Helm we should have a very legit bottom six over the next decade. Its our future top-six that I'm a bit concerned about.

dats, Z, franzen and flip (possibly huds) will be around for quite a while yet.

as for prospects...nyquist and tatar may be hovering around the top 6 within 2-3 years if the wings brass' predictions hold out. i can't wait to see nyquist in a wings jersey.

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.