• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
redwingfan19

Mitch Callahan

Rate this topic

The Hudler comment was a bit of a stretch but hot damn can you imagine a combo of Helm and Franzen? :idea: All we can do is hope that Callahan has a growth spurt like Aubry over the next couple of years.

Callahan will probably end up at about 6' when he's playing which isn't big by any means, but it is big enough. Especially given his streak of wins last year against a lot of guys who were 6'3 or 6'4. Seriously the kid lost about 3 out of 20 fights last year and they weren't even very big losses.

Speaking of Aubry, he could end up a pretty big hitter. This is the way I look at him. He played for a soft team and he just got big. He didn't have time to fill out at all but still led his team in hits. Once he fills out his frame he will probably be absolutely punishing guys with the weight to go with his height. He likes to be physical but once his weight packs on he will be so much more effective at it. He also started getting in some fights once he got big, I can only imagine as he gets stronger to go with his size the fighting might as well.

Callahan - Aubry - "Tough guy"

That could be a future absolute killer 4th line especially if Aubry gets meaner as he gets bigger. The wings future looks much more gritty then the past.

Its true, I dunno who gave you minus 2 but he definitely does not use his size like he should. If he played with the guts of Helm he would be an unstoppable force out there. saying he plays smaller then Hudler is a stretch but he definitely does play smaller then he should. Back before he was a goal scorer, he used to cream guys, now he doesn't

franzen does not play like hudler, he routinely battles his way to the net and hits guys, he is merely a coward when it comes to fighting, but not fighting doesn't mean playing like hudler like some here believe.

franzen does not play like hudler, he routinely battles his way to the net and hits guys, he is merely a coward when it comes to fighting, but not fighting doesn't mean playing like hudler like some here believe.

Like I said its a stretch to say he plays like Hudler. I will give you he routinely goes to the net, but so does every player on the wings. Where I do not agree is when you say he hits. Obviously he does yeah, we've seen him throw some dandies. But he hardly ever does anymore. Breaking into the league as a grinder he routinely threw huge hits, now he might have one big hit a season. For a guy with that size, he should be throwing it around more, I always see him letting up on a guy when he should be putting him through the glass. The fighting doesn't bother me because he is one of our best goal scorers, but scorers aren't above finishing a check and Franzen does not very often

Like I said its a stretch to say he plays like Hudler. I will give you he routinely goes to the net, but so does every player on the wings. Where I do not agree is when you say he hits. Obviously he does yeah, we've seen him throw some dandies. But he hardly ever does anymore. Breaking into the league as a grinder he routinely threw huge hits, now he might have one big hit a season. For a guy with that size, he should be throwing it around more, I always see him letting up on a guy when he should be putting him through the glass. The fighting doesn't bother me because he is one of our best goal scorers, but scorers aren't above finishing a check and Franzen does not very often

one day ill make a franzen hit reel for ya, he has plenty, this last year of course he didn't have as many for obvious reasons

one day ill make a franzen hit reel for ya, he has plenty, this last year of course he didn't have as many for obvious reasons

Only use big hits from the ;last 2 seasons after he became a goal scorer. I know he has some big ones prior to that but find some recent ones and make sure they are legit hits for a guy who is almost the biggest on his team

Guest screwdahawks

Only use big hits from the ;last 2 seasons after he became a goal scorer. I know he has some big ones prior to that but find some recent ones and make sure they are legit hits for a guy who is almost the biggest on his team

Oh boy, the shortest highlight reel in history coming up.

Edited by screwdahawks

Everyone else gets physical in the playoffs on the team as well. Its basically your duty as a hockey player. As for that hit, yeah it hurt Crosby but he also just rubbed him out and it awkwardly twisted Sid up. For every hit Mule lays there is a time he lets up where I'm yelling at the TV about how his 6'3 220lb body could've crushed someone.

The good news is Franzen shouldn't be putting his body on the line with his long contract and his performance offensively in the playoffs should be enough for people to get over the fact he doesn't hit as much as one would like.

The team is about puck possession, not dump and chase. The top 6 shouldn't have to hit people often.

Edited by Doc Holliday

The good news is Franzen shouldn't be putting his body on the line with his long contract and his performance offensively in the playoffs should be enough for people to get over the fact he doesn't hit as much as one would like.

The team is about puck possession, not dump and chase. The top 6 shouldn't have to hit people often.

Yeah but when given the chance a 6'3 hockey player should make a hit o the other team. Mule chooses not too alot of the time

I want to make it a decent length so I will use all his hits, I actually have more footage of his more recent hits (last 2 years) than of his older ones.

And? Normally the team that hits most has the puck the least.

Take a look at this wonderful hilight. Who got the puck after every hit?

Yeah, but that doesn't mean the other team never has the puck against Detroit. There have been plenty of times when Franzen could finish a check but doesn't. Yeah we have the puck more then the other team cool, doesn't change the fact that our team can still play the body when we don't have it.

As for that highlight, yeah the wings got the puck after every hit. But all they did was play with it in the corner, get laid out and Pitty got huge momentum from that sequence. Did you see the crowd?

It doesn't matter if our team has the puck more, when we don't have the puck a 6'3 guy should play the body more then what Mule does. Especially when he has shown he is a capable hitter in the past.

It will be soon enough.

Anyway, this is actually the first I've heard of this kid outside of "there's a person who's involved in hockey and his name is Mitchel Callahan". Its cool to see a gritty aspect working its way up through our system. With guys like him and Abby and Helm we should have a very legit bottom six over the next decade. Its our future top-six that I'm a bit concerned about.

dats, Z, franzen and flip (possibly huds) will be around for quite a while yet.

as for prospects...nyquist and tatar may be hovering around the top 6 within 2-3 years if the wings brass' predictions hold out. i can't wait to see nyquist in a wings jersey.