• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
HankthaTank

Jimmy cracks top 10 goalies in NHL

Rate this topic

I wouldn't say he is a top 10 goalie yet although when thinking about it, its hard to think of 10 guys I would take over him. Last season I would say he is a top 5 goalie but he has to have a high level of play for a consistent time period before you become top 10.

If he replicates his numbers this season like last, then he is top 10 for sure.

I wouldn't say he is a top 10 goalie yet although when thinking about it, its hard to think of 10 guys I would take over him. Last season I would say he is a top 5 goalie but he has to have a high level of play for a consistent time period before you become top 10.

Definitely. But at this juncture I would say he is top 10 given the other tendies in the league. Raask, I have a feeling is going to climb to the top 5 of this list in the next year or so.

I think the only thing putting Jimmy on that list is the fact that without him, the Wings aren't in the playoffs. Next season is still questionable but he proved quite a bit last season. In spite of the mediocre playoff.

Halak and Anderson have to do more before they can earn this status. One year doesn't cut it for Anderson, and one god-like postseason for Halak doesn't cut it either. Same goes for Jimmy Howard. Just not comfortable putting any of them on this list yet; again, ask Steve Mason why.

Hehe.

I actually had Halak in there then left him out because my laptop froze when i clicked post, ok new top 10

Miller

Bryzgalov

Luongo

Halak

Fluery

Broduer

Kiprusoff

Rinne

Howard

Raask

For last season that is a terrific list. But some of the guys are young and unproven. Howard, Rinne and Raask all had great seasons but they've only played one season basically so its hard to tell if they'll be able to bring that high level of play consistently like Brodeur has. Only time will tell.

I actually had Halak in there then left him out because my laptop froze when i clicked post, ok new top 10

Miller

Bryzgalov

Luongo

Halak

Fluery

Broduer

Kiprusoff

Rinne

Howard

Raask

Suuuuurrrrre blame the internet connection... :hehe:

Miller

Luongo

Bryzgalov

Halak

Lundqvist

Brodeur

Kiprusoff

Rinne

Fleury-overrated in my eyes

Raask

Love ya Jimmy but just can't leave King Henrik in NY out but Jimmy is a very very close 11th in my eyes and will crawl up the list this year for sure.

Edited by HankthaTank

Not sure he is top 10 yet, but as mentioned in the blog Dater has Craig Anderson as #4 so I question his judgment!

Really? Anderson has had one of the best save percentages for the last couple of years. He deserves to be ranked higher than Howard does based on the fact that he did well two years in a row with two crappy, crappy teams. Howard did fine with a really good team, and should have to back it up this year to get real recognition.

The team around Luongo s***s the bed not him he is easily one of the best in the league, just because he hasnt won anything doesnt make him a bad player, lots of players in other sports are top players and never won anything either, his D always hangs him out to dry.

Miller

Bryzgalov

Luongo

Halak

Fluery

Broduer

Kiprusoff

Rinne

Howard

Raask

No Lundqvist? Just goes to show how underrated and under appreciated Lundqvist is. I'd say the guy is easily top 3 in the league but everybody forgets about him because the rest of the team brings him down.

In no real order, the ten best goalies in the NHL are:

Ryan Miller

Tomas Vokoun (UNDERRATED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Martin Brodeur

Henrik Lundqvist

Miikka Kiprusoff

Cam Ward

Niklas Backstrom (UNDERRATED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Pekka Rinne

Ilya Bryzgalov

Roberto Luongo

Howard, Halak, etc. are on the cusp of this list, but haven't really shown enough. Kind of like how Steve Mason won the Calder and was nominated for the Vezina based on a bunch of hype from a great month, even though Rinne was the better rookie goalie and had the better rookie season. Mason, btw, was one of the league's worst starters last season and might have been the 8th or 9th best goalie in the Central division last season. So basing your top ten list on a great playoff or a few hot months is not a good idea if you have no other sample of the player's performance.

Edited by eva unit zero

People need to realize Marty is past his prime and no longer a elite Goaltender. IMO there are a lot of overrated goalies currently in the NHL. Luongo and Fluery being the biggest.

45 wins is pretty good for a non-elite goalie.

Too early to tell whether Jimmy is a top 10 goalie. Wait until after next year to think about it.

I agree, great potential but hard to say until we see if he can keep it up. I'm rooting for him for sure though.