• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Z and D for the C

Tatar a regular for 2010-2011?

Rate this topic

In his third season in Grand Rapids, Hudler scored 97 points in 76 games (1.28 PPG). After that, he went on to play a full season for the Wings.

In Filppula's first season in Grand Rapids, he scored 71 points in 74 games (.96 PPG). After that, he went on to play a full season for the Wings.

Last season, in Tatar's first season in Grand Rapids, he scored 76 points in 42 games (1.80 PPG).

Honestly, if we don't end up signing Modano (maybe even if we do), I think he'd be a good (if not great) fit on the third line with Huds and Cleary. I know that the Wings like to have their player over ripen in GR but it seems like this kid is ready now. The only likely gripe is that he's a bit under weight, but the stats on NHL.com might not be up to date and he can always put on some pounds during the season.

I'm guess that he's going to be a training camp and can win a spot, but I just thought I would bring it up here as no one ever talks about Tatar being full time next season. I think it's pretty likely, especially if Modano doesn't sign.

In his third season in Grand Rapids, Hudler scored 97 points in 76 games (1.28 PPG). After that, he went on to play a full season for the Wings.

In Filppula's first season in Grand Rapids, he scored 71 points in 74 games (.96 PPG). After that, he went on to play a full season for the Wings.

Last season, in Tatar's first season in Grand Rapids, he scored 76 points in 42 games (1.80 PPG).

Honestly, if we don't end up signing Modano (maybe even if we do), I think he'd be a good (if not great) fit on the third line with Huds and Cleary. I know that the Wings like to have their player over ripen in GR but it seems like this kid is ready now. The only likely gripe is that he's a bit under weight, but the stats on NHL.com might not be up to date and he can always put on some pounds during the season.

I'm guess that he's going to be a training camp and can win a spot, but I just thought I would bring it up here as no one ever talks about Tatar being full time next season. I think it's pretty likely, especially if Modano doesn't sign.

tatar did nor score 76 points in 42 games

32 pts in 58 games which is still impressive for a 18-19 year old who has never played in NA

Edited by redwingfan19

Oh, wow. ><

http://www.nhl.com/ice/player.htm?id=8475193#&navid=nhl-search

Guess I got a little excited and thought that was in GR. I'll just sit in the corner for a little while...

lol he still impressed man and I think he could crack the roster but it's pretty much full and he wouldn't get as much ice time here. Definite injury call up though if god forbid one of our star players goes down.

Even with the little stats omission aside, he could very well impress the team out of camp. I think one reason they wouldn't let him join up with the team yet is because of the way he began to slide near the end of last season. I think the wear and tear caught up with him. He was really impressive at the beginning of the year, though, so I just think he needs to improve his conditioning a bit.

would love to see him get called up for a few games this season and definately if one of our stars goes down with an injury....

this kid is the real deal and will be on the roster full time in 2011-2012...

be about it...

:thumbup:

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

tatar did nor score 76 points in 42 games

32 pts in 58 games which is still impressive for a 18-19 year old who has never played in NA

Rofl epic misread. I'd be willing to bet Filppula couldn't put in 76 points in 42 games in GR now, nevermind Tatar.

Tatar was clicking at a point per game pace at the beginning of the season, for the first 20 games or so. I read that he was the Griffins best forward during that time. He started to slide towards the second half of the season.

Look for him to maintain a PPG next year. Hopefully he has been working hard in the offseason.

Tatar still has to adjust to the length and grind of an American hockey season. Its apparent that he has the skill to be phenomenal: look at the first half of the season last year when he was outscoring everybody. Once the second half hit, though, Tatar burned out and couldn't keep up. That's what this year in Grand Rapids is all about for him: enduring the full season without burning out. He's had a taste of what to expect, now he just needs to execute. If he can show some consistency this year, maybe we'll see him called up for a couple games next year, and the year after that the sky is the limit.

Edited by Echolalia

I watched him in a couple games in Saskatoon at the world juniors although he is a very smoth player I was not overly impresed with him looked a little lazy and did a lot of floating ,although he did not get as much ice as you would expect I thought he might have been a little banged up. Having said ths you could see he has the smarts and the talent to play with the big boys it may be a matter of determination.

I watched him in a couple games in Saskatoon at the world juniors although he is a very smoth player I was not overly impresed with him looked a little lazy and did a lot of floating ,although he did not get as much ice as you would expect I thought he might have been a little banged up. Having said ths you could see he has the smarts and the talent to play with the big boys it may be a matter of determination.

Yes, I felt that he underperformed at the World Juniors. This was during the time that he was burning out from the grind of the AHL season. This kid has all the talent in the world. Definitely my favourite prospect :clap: