Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Philadelphia's cap issues

Rate this topic

The Flyers are looking something like this right now:

(Gagne)-Richards-Zherdev

Leino-Briere-Hartnell

Van Riemsdyk-Powe-(Carter?)

Shelley-Betts-Laperriere

Where's Dan Carcillo fit in?I think the Zherdev signing bumped him down on their depth chart.If the guys with the big contracts (Carter/Gagne) can't be moved,they have to shed the cash somehow.They wouldn't have vastly overpaid Shelley just to trade him.Anyone think Philly could do a sign and trade with Carcillo?and with Detroit and Philly's friendly "business" relationship (the Leino deal),anyone think we could have another trade between us and them?Riley Cote has an easy contract to move and it doesn't look like he's got a spot.Bottom line is some players have to go.

Thoughts?

They have too many 4th line type players basically. So even if they dont wanna part with carcillo maybe they say bye to Lapperriere?

They must be shopping around some of their bottom 6 guys. Meech and a decent draft pick for Carcillo maybe?

Carcillo won't come here, Philly won't sign and trade. But maybe Laperriere, what does he make?

He makes 1.1 which I don't think is too much for him. It looks to me like they have to move a bottom 6 player and a top 6. It may not be Carcillo, but Lapperriere was a beast for them and CArcillo got scratched near the end there, he also has a cheap contract so maybe they plan on moving him?

Theyre 2.5 mil over the cap now. Maybe even Riley Cote would be moved.Wouldn't mind trading for him, put him in GR or the press box and use him when the going gets tough. He has a really cheap contract.

He makes 1.1 which I don't think is too much for him. It looks to me like they have to move a bottom 6 player and a top 6. It may not be Carcillo, but Lapperriere was a beast for them and CArcillo got scratched near the end there, he also has a cheap contract so maybe they plan on moving him?

Theyre 2.5 mil over the cap now. Maybe even Riley Cote would be moved.Wouldn't mind trading for him, put him in GR or the press box and use him when the going gets tough. He has a really cheap contract.

I like the Lapperriere idea if Modano doesn't pan out, don't know enough about Cote.

I like the Lapperriere idea if Modano doesn't pan out, don't know enough about Cote.

Cote is basically a Brad May level hockey player but a bit bigger and better fighter I would say. He's a heavyweight for sure but I dunno if he's a good enough player for this team

i hate carcillo with a passion, but thats a good thing. it pretty much means he does his job, which is to raise hell against the opponents. to be honest id be pretty jacked if he came to the wings and beat some ass for us.

Gagne - Richards - Carter

Hartnell - Briere - Leino

JVR - Giroux - Zherdev

Lappy - Betts - Shelley

Pronger - Carle

Timonen - Coburn

Mezsaros - O'Donnell

That's the lineup I'd make as it currently stands. Of course, it looks like Gagne will be moved by them, so they will either promote someone to the number one wing or make some sort of move. I bet the Hartnell-Briere-Leino line stays intact after the playoffs, however.

Gagne - Richards - Carter

Hartnell - Briere - Leino

JVR - Giroux - Zherdev

Lappy - Betts - Shelley

Pronger - Carle

Timonen - Coburn

Mezsaros - O'Donnell

That's the lineup I'd make as it currently stands. Of course, it looks like Gagne will be moved by them, so they will either promote someone to the number one wing or make some sort of move. I bet the Hartnell-Briere-Leino line stays intact after the playoffs, however.

They have a s*** load of forwards. I can't see them not trading someone moving forward. Maybe Darrel Powe is the one traded

Cote is absolutely useless. He can't skate, play or win fights. With Shelley they have no need for him.

He can play enough that he would be a decent 13th forward to plug in there when we need a tough guy I think. He's compareable to Downey hockey wise but a bit tougher I would say. I wouldn't mind him in GR and being there if we need a tough guy or something.

i hate carcillo with a passion, but thats a good thing. it pretty much means he does his job, which is to raise hell against the opponents. to be honest id be pretty jacked if he came to the wings and beat some ass for us.

Carcillo is a drama queen. He is a little diving *****, no way I would want that on our team. I will take an actual hard working grinder over Mr. Drama Queen any day.

Carcillo is a drama queen. He is a little diving *****, no way I would want that on our team. I will take an actual hard working grinder over Mr. Drama Queen any day.

He had that one incident in the playoffs but other then that, he doesn't have a reputation as a diver. I mean come on, you've watched Maltby in his prime, he was a rag doll

How is trading a player they haven't even re-signed gonna solve their problem of being $2.5m over the cap?

Oh I didn't realize he was an RFA, and it still wouldn't surprise me to see him either not signed or his rights traded since he's an RFA. Its not so much about clearing cap space as it is getting rid of an unnecessary amount of bottom 6 players. They have more bottom 6 guys then Detroit does right now and instead of paying 3 guys to sit in the press box they can save probably a million or so by trading 1 or 2 of them.

:lol: i dont think that guy gives much thought to his posts.

Haha ok there Mr. 46 posts....

Oh I didn't realize he was an RFA, and it still wouldn't surprise me to see him either not signed or his rights traded since he's an RFA. Its not so much about clearing cap space as it is getting rid of an unnecessary amount of bottom 6 players.

No. When you're $2.5m over the cap, it is about clearing space. I would've thought that part would be pretty obvious.

He had that one incident in the playoffs but other then that, he doesn't have a reputation as a diver. I mean come on, you've watched Maltby in his prime, he was a rag doll

I still get a crack out of that. If he were to cut that crap out, he'd make a solid addition to the Wings had he not already been re-signed IMO.