• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
wally42

Macomb Community College hockey

Rate this topic

Looking for players to try to start a club team at macomb community college in michigan. If everything works out we'll be playing DIII ACHA hockey in the MCHC. thanks

Looking for players to try to start a club team at macomb community college in michigan. If everything works out we'll be playing DIII ACHA hockey in the MCHC. thanks

Technically I will be enrolled in a class there this fall for continuing education bull required of me. Too old most likely to play but it is pretty cool that you are putting that together. If you get desperate for players drop me a line.

Technically I will be enrolled in a class there this fall for continuing education bull required of me. Too old most likely to play but it is pretty cool that you are putting that together. If you get desperate for players drop me a line.

sounds good. will do.

Good luck. I played DIII ACHA for the past couple years and it can be a fun/competitive league. MCHC has some very good teams in SVSU and Hope.

U of D Mercy has a team that has practices open to any full time student which is very cool for defraying costs of ice time and team supplies.

Yup. What's most impressive is that 2 sophomores started the team...too bad we don't get any support from the Athletic Department. Hopefully there is a full roster this year, last season we had about 15 people. Some of my friends are considering playing this year as well. I do all of the scoreboard/stats/music work for the home games at City Sports.

Go Titans, er I mean UDM club hockey! (The school won't let us use the "Titan" name...I'm kind of glad, we have bitchin uniforms.

4325634876_bb6973972a_z.jpg

4325669244_8fe9939036_z.jpg

Some photos that I took when I wasn't working:

Outdoor game vs Lawrence Tech:

4343478083_c7ccb8241d_z.jpg

4344323754_a61aecbd7b_z.jpg

4343482353_4fac59f17a_z.jpg

UDM Club Hockey Photos

I'm interested , but the word "College" scares me. I've already failed at that twice :P

are you going to macomb?

Yup. What's most impressive is that 2 sophomores started the team...too bad we don't get any support from the Athletic Department. Hopefully there is a full roster this year, last season we had about 15 people. Some of my friends are considering playing this year as well. I do all of the scoreboard/stats/music work for the home games at City Sports.

Go Titans, er I mean UDM club hockey! (The school won't let us use the "Titan" name...I'm kind of glad, we have bitchin uniforms.

UDM Club Hockey Photos

How did you guys go about getting it started? and what makes you guys a pledge team?

i like the sound of this, i havent technically picked a college yet and im a goalie who would love to get on this time so if someone could send me some information about this college id like to take a look at it

Um, I'm not too sure, I forgot what they did. I remember they talked to another club hockey team and then worked with our intramural sports department.

Here's a documentary that my friend and I made for a class about the hockey team. I think the co-captain (Vince) mentions something about how they started it.

Urban Ice: The Detroit Mercy Club Hockey Team

i like the sound of this, i havent technically picked a college yet and im a goalie who would love to get on this time so if someone could send me some information about this college id like to take a look at it

If you're looking at UDM, we currently have one goalie (well we did have 2, but the backup couldn't make most of the games). This year is going to be big for the hockey team, the Capitan's and myself are working to make this season huge in terms of marketing/expansion.

udmercy.edu - if you want to look at the school's info. It's a pretty nice school (We're in the top 20-25% in every program that is offered compared with schools in the Midwest), and they give out academic scholarships like candy on Halloween. It's a private Catholic University, but they don't force religion upon you like some would think.

That's pretty sick man..... If you schedule and road games.... Schedule Liberty University D3's team.... I played my 4 years on the acha D1 club and might be playing a 5th year for either there D3 or D2 team.... Depending on how dedicated I want to be lol...

Crash

Hey congrats on getting the urge to start this up. If you need any help get a hold of me and I can help you out. This year Muskegon Community College is putting a college team on the ice. I am not too sure that you have nearly enough time to get it all said and done before the season starts.

Keep in mind the coach costs, ice costs, ref costs, league dues. Not to mention you'll need a college faculty member to oversee it all. It might be D-III but the teams that you'll be going against you'll be looking to lose alot of games. GVSU, Davenport, and Hope college seem to rule D-III North. Make sure you get Jackson CC, Muskegon CC, Delta, Lawerence and Detroit Mercy on the schedule if you do get it started. Don't rush it, if you can't get the team on the ice this year. Do a mens league, get people interested, raise money for league dues and get it planned out well.

Yeah, it is kind of expensive. Our coach is a volunteer. His brother is a goalie and he (the coach) played for a while in Bowling Green. Also, the assistant coach works at City Sports, not sure if the team gets any discounts though. We do have some scholarships available through out student senate organization, so you might want to check with your school orgs. to see if anyone will help pay for some costs.

We also played GVSU, Davenport, and Hope...they are quite good. Delta and Lawrence aren't too bad. Our record is not as bad as it looks. We didn't even have a full roster. 13-15 players at most games. Our team would start out well, but by the end of the 2nd and 3rd period they players were exhausted. This year, hopefully, will be different.

http://www.udmercy.edu/slo/intra_wellness/intramural/hockey/index.htm

^The schedule for the 2010-2011 season is on the site, in case anyone goes to one of the schools and wants to check it out.

(Oh and for your first year, don't expect to play a ton of games. We only had about 6 home games and weren't able to play in the all-star game or the playoffs/tourneys besides one at UofM-Flint.)

The best part of the season was that the club hockey teams record was better than the new men's lacrosse team record (they didn't win a game) and the school spent a ton of money getting that program together and bringing in people from all over the US. The hockey team had to made due with what was available at the school and pay out of pocket. lol

UDM Club Hockey Photos

Ah Lawrence Tech. Looking forward to that tryout.

if you need help with anything in starting this, lemme kno. and im sure i know a couple people that go to mcc and would like to play.. i really want this to work out.

Ok sounds good. I've emailed basically every member of the athletic department at macomb and nobody has gotten back to me yet, so I am thinking I may have to wait until school starts and talk to someone in person. But I've talked to the coach from delta college and the ACHA D3 Commisioner and a guy who's getting his muskegon comm college on the ice this year. If I get any information I'll let you know asap.

Ukranian, is the team open to just undergrads? I'm finishing my undergrad in a year and looking at U of D for law school.

I'm not sure. We didn't have any grad students playing, though it might be possible. If you want, I can give you the e-mail of one of the captains and you can get more info from him.

(Actually if you go to the UDM Club Hockey site link that I posted, there is a contact link for him, his name is Vince Recchia. If you want, tell him that Ihor (I pronounced like an E, it's a Ukrainian thing lol) told you about it.