• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
wally42

Macomb Community College hockey

Rate this topic

Ok sounds good. I've emailed basically every member of the athletic department at macomb and nobody has gotten back to me yet, so I am thinking I may have to wait until school starts and talk to someone in person. But I've talked to the coach from delta college and the ACHA D3 Commisioner and a guy who's getting his muskegon comm college on the ice this year. If I get any information I'll let you know asap.

alright cool. and i'm sure at least one person that would be playing could find an old coach who would volunteer to coach us or at least coach for cheap or something.. and most coaches would know people they would want to be assistants and such.

Yeah, it is kind of expensive. Our coach is a volunteer. His brother is a goalie and he (the coach) played for a while in Bowling Green. Also, the assistant coach works at City Sports, not sure if the team gets any discounts though. We do have some scholarships available through out student senate organization, so you might want to check with your school orgs. to see if anyone will help pay for some costs.

We also played GVSU, Davenport, and Hope...they are quite good. Delta and Lawrence aren't too bad. Our record is not as bad as it looks. We didn't even have a full roster. 13-15 players at most games. Our team would start out well, but by the end of the 2nd and 3rd period they players were exhausted. This year, hopefully, will be different.

http://www.udmercy.edu/slo/intra_wellness/intramural/hockey/index.htm

^The schedule for the 2010-2011 season is on the site, in case anyone goes to one of the schools and wants to check it out.

(Oh and for your first year, don't expect to play a ton of games. We only had about 6 home games and weren't able to play in the all-star game or the playoffs/tourneys besides one at UofM-Flint.)

The best part of the season was that the club hockey teams record was better than the new men's lacrosse team record (they didn't win a game) and the school spent a ton of money getting that program together and bringing in people from all over the US. The hockey team had to made due with what was available at the school and pay out of pocket. lol

The Spurlins are my boys. Played high school hockey with them. Good luck to you and the rest of the team this year!

haha yeah they are. I'm in the same year as Nate. Sam is hilarious, and even better, he looks like Bo Burnham lol.

Ha yeah Sam does look like Bo. We used to drive Nate crazy during practices in high school because we would always celebrate and make comments after every goal we scored. Good times.

For anyone interested; UDM is hosting a hockey skate/practice tonight (Tuesday) at City Sports open to people for $10 @ 9pm.

Do you guys have more of these coming up?

sorry for bringing this back from the depths of the forum hahah.. but are there any new developments in this or anything?? i've been wondering about it lately..

I can't get ahold of the athletic director so I'm gonna have to wait a couple weeks until I start school to get this going. I have you're email adress and I'll get back to you soon.