• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Jett1913

Hawkeytown? ...barf.

Rate this topic

:thumbup:

Ok, really? Why is it that when the Chciago Blackhawks won their first cup in 1050589350 years, they freak out and go crazy. Paint buildings the blackhawk colors, kill people and throw a blackhawk tshirt on them and.. steal other teams tradition. Are they going to start throwing a octopus that has a blackhawk mask on? I mean really.. They won ONE cup, get over yourself hawks.

Ok, really? Why is it that when the Chciago Blackhawks won their first cup in 1050589350 years, they freak out and go crazy. Paint buildings the blackhawk colors, kill people and throw a blackhawk tshirt on them and.. steal other teams tradition. Are they going to start throwing a octopus that has a blackhawk mask on? I mean really.. They won ONE cup, get over yourself hawks.

"The world needs wannabes so let's get some more wannabes; and HEY! HEY! DO THAT BRAND NEW THING!!!"

It is stupid, let them do as they want, they won't win a cup for another fifty-thousand years so let em' try and rub it in. I mean hell our best players in the playoffs aren't going to (other) s***ty teams this year it cost them years of solid future building to get the payoff now, they won't be anything to worry about for a while now. Let them toot their own horns.

However, I do think that if St. Louis is as good on the ice as they are on paper they will be the divisional worry for us...just saying.

LOL...I could tell you the fanbase will stop grasping a name eerily similar to yours, except we don't do that. Hard to stop doing something we never did, ya know?

As for Detroit sucks...nah that's gotta continue. It's too fun. You all should take that as a badge of honor anyway. I debate with a fellow Hawks fan at work about the Detroit sucks chant all the time. He takes it a bit too serious for what it is, as a few here seem to do. It's all harmless fun.

The Hawks really can't be like Detroit. They're not going to win the Cup again for some time.

And that's one more Stanley Cup that one team will win, or a city's fans will ever seen in a lifetime probably. I'm not denying that Chicago or their fans at least are mocking or being copycats to a degree, but to expect them to do nothing and sit on their hands after winning a championship is incredibly naive. Let them have some fun.

The Hawks really can't be like Detroit. They're not going to win the Cup again for some time.

Not saying they are trying to be like Detroit, though the Bowman's obviously brought their fondness for Swedes over to Chicago.

I disagree with you on the cup thing. The Hawks are stacked with prospects and the core is set. While this upcoming season very well could be rough. In 2-3 years when these guys all come up it will be fun. There's a lot of top 4 defense and top 6 forward prsospects in the pipeline, and all of them will only need to fill bottom pair or 3rd or 4th line roles. The Hawks will be ridiculous in a few years IMO.

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

Except you do. Carry on.

Go away and leave him alone. Every team has their share of dumbass fans. If you don't believe me, spend more time on this site.

Not saying they are trying to be like Detroit, though the Bowman's obviously brought their fondness for Swedes over to Chicago.

I disagree with you on the cup thing. The Hawks are stacked with prospects and the core is set. While this upcoming season very well could be rough. In 2-3 years when these guys all come up it will be fun. There's a lot of top 4 defense and top 6 forward prsospects in the pipeline, and all of them will only need to fill bottom pair or 3rd or 4th line roles. The Hawks will be ridiculous in a few years IMO.

Have to agree with this to an extent, though another mass exodus will cleary happen again due to Hossa and Campbell's overdone contracts.

I wonder what Hawk fans are thinking.

LULZ WERE TEH BEST N DETROIT SUCKZ WHAT'S A CELERY CAP HEY WHERE'D EVERYBODY GO

Ridiculous like they were a few years ago?

Edited by Hockeytown0001

Exactly what I was thinking. It's like the Blackhawks are our jealous little brothers.

Or like Drake_Marcus has put so eloquently...

"They are like the creepy ex-girlfriend that keeps stalking you".

PERFECT description for this pathetic bandwagon fan base. Truly just embarrassing themselves with this s***. :lol:

Edited by HankthaTank

I will not call them bandwagoners if they stop freaking out to the refs when their player gets hit cleanly. Or when they have a team that sticks together and wins 3 cups in 10 years or something and they continue to sell out every game. Thats when I won't consider them band wagon fans I'll consider them just fans.

I went to a bar here in Detroit to watch Philly-Chicago, Chicago ended up winning that game and there was a table full of Blackhawks fans, in sweaters with no name on them. They cheered and I booed them and the Hawks.

When the game was over one of them came over and asked us if we were from Philly. We said no, Detroit. He asked why are you rooting for Philly then?

I said why would I root for a team that chants Detroit sucks when we play them?

He said, well Detroit does suck. I am not one for a bar fight, but if I were ever to get into one it would have been over that. I left immediately, as I would get fired from my job for one punch to that guys face.

I say let their reign be the shortest ever. Let their misery last twice as long next time. To hell with Chicago, and to hell with their team.

I went to a bar here in Detroit to watch Philly-Chicago, Chicago ended up winning that game and there was a table full of Blackhawks fans, in sweaters with no name on them. They cheered and I booed them and the Hawks.

When the game was over one of them came over and asked us if we were from Philly. We said no, Detroit. He asked why are you rooting for Philly then?

He said, well Detroit does suck. I am not one for a bar fight, but if I were ever to get into one it would have been over that. I left immediately, as I would get fired from my job for one punch to that guys face.

I say let their reign be the shortest ever. Let their misery last twice as long next time. To hell with Chicago, and to hell with their team.

I think this happened with this past offseason actually

I think this was a "marketing idea" created by the Chicago Tribune. You know, the paper that...

You mean the paper that paid off a jury and judge to convict and kill innocent men for a crime they did not commit in 1887 while telling all of the world false news to drive home the fact that these men were villians? Yeah that one.

Not surprised they haven't gained some integrity in 130 years.

I will not call them bandwagoners if they stop freaking out to the refs when their player gets hit cleanly. Or when they have a team that sticks together and wins 3 cups in 10 years or something and they continue to sell out every game. Thats when I won't consider them band wagon fans I'll consider them just fans.

lol what does this have to do with the fans being bandwagoners or not?

Fans of a team have to start somewhere. Doesn't make you or our fans any better than theirs. We'll see if they stick in a few years. If/when Detroit starts to get inconsistent, it'd be interesting to see if some Wings fans stay par like now. And it's slim/none that many teams will win 3 cups in 10 years.

K... You realize that by booing them and being the first to provoke and start stuff, you are encouraging conflict and a fight even if that wasn't your intention? And you're against bar fights you said?

LOL...I could tell you the fanbase will stop grasping a name eerily similar to yours, except we don't do that. Hard to stop doing something we never did, ya know?

As for Detroit sucks...nah that's gotta continue. It's too fun. You all should take that as a badge of honor anyway. I debate with a fellow Hawks fan at work about the Detroit sucks chant all the time. He takes it a bit too serious for what it is, as a few here seem to do. It's all harmless fun.

...well, then you'll pardon us for laughing our asses off as we watch your championship team get dismantled... because it's just harmless fun, right?

Guest ChicagoMan

Wow didn't think wings fans would be so jealous over one title. You can rip and rip the Hawks all you want about losing role players, but the fact remains the Wings did the same thing and as of right now still may not be as good as Chicago. As long as these guys minus Kopecky in the photo below are in the Indian Head sweater...Detroit is going to have a hell of a time getting past Chicago.

The Hawks have one of the best group of core players in the league. Kane, Toews, Seabrook, Keith, Hjalmarsson, Hossa, and Bolland. With the cap era in full swing it will be tough for the Wings to buy players again...It's been a awful long time since Detroit had some good prospects come through since Z and Dats

Blackhawks-Olympians1.jpg

Edited by ChicagoMan

It's been a awful long time since Detroit had some good prospects come through since Z and Dats

It's no mean feat when you're not operating on first overall picks, but the guys that have gotten to the big club in Detroit since those two like Franzen, Filppula, Kronwall, Hudler, and Howard have done well. You have to remember that most of the players from the last 4-5 drafts aren't even on the Red Wings yet. But even if they did draft someone as good as Zetterberg or Datsyuk, since they already have a Hank and Pav it would be harder for them to have the same impact, they'd have to get in line.

But I am a firm believer in the Wings' scouts and GMs, and that the kids will one day inherent the team from Hank and Pav, as they did from Yzerman and Fedorov.

Edited by Heroes of Hockeytown

Wow didn't think wings fans would be so jealous over one title. You can rip and rip the Hawks all you want about losing role players, but the fact remains the Wings did the same thing and as of right now still may not be as good as Chicago.

The Red Wings organization isn't the one ripping off other team's ideas here.

Wow didn't think wings fans would be so jealous over one title. You can rip and rip the Hawks all you want about losing role players, but the fact remains the Wings did the same thing and as of right now still may not be as good as Chicago. As long as these guys minus Kopecky in the photo below are in the Indian Head sweater...Detroit is going to have a hell of a time getting past Chicago.

The Hawks have one of the best group of core players in the league. Kane, Toews, Seabrook, Keith, Hjalmarsson, Hossa, and Bolland. With the cap era in full swing it will be tough for the Wings to buy players again...It's been a awful long time since Detroit had some good prospects come through since Z and Dats

Maybe the Wings can tank for years to get those high-end prospects.

That cap era comment doesn't even make sense either. You do realize the Red Wings have been the best team in the league still since the cap was put in place?