94 replies to this topic

#41 Barrie

Barrie

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,945 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 09:32 PM

From this website we find this:

On Saturday, May 22, 2010, a U.S. federal trademark registration was filed for HAWKEYTOWN. This trademark is owned by Pekny, Michael D.

Pal, keep your ankles taped!

Wow, just wow! This isn't some small market like Florida or Carolina, this is Chicago! You'd think Chicago would have enough city ego and pride to think of their own thing, instead of copying Detroit. Sad, embarrassing, and pathetic if you ask me.

I wonder what Hawk fans are thinking.
Lets Go:
Red Wings
Tigers
Roughriders
Lions
Spartans
Pistons

#42 Sarava

Sarava

Prospect

• 31 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 10:10 PM

You guys are just looking for something to whine about on the Hawks. I've never heard Hawkeytown used by a single Hawk fan or the organization. The Chicago Tribune has nothing to do with anything that matters related to the Hawks.

Edited by Sarava, 17 July 2010 - 10:11 PM.

#43 thedisappearer

thedisappearer

Hall-of-Famer

• Silver Booster
  • 2,194 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 10:15 PM

You guys are just looking for something to whine about on the Hawks. I've never heard Hawkeytown used by a single Hawk fan or the organization. The Chicago Tribune has nothing to do with anything that matters related to the Hawks.

Well duh. They are our rivals, they won a Cup, sure we're upset… especially when their fanbase grasp a name eerily similar to ours. And put it on their championship video.

Sorry that bothers you. Stop chanting "Detroit sucks" when we aren't in town, and we'll look into getting over this.

Edited by thedisappearer, 17 July 2010 - 10:15 PM.

*this space for rent*

#44 Sarava

Sarava

Prospect

• 31 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 10:22 PM

Well duh. They are our rivals, they won a Cup, sure we're upsetů especially when their fanbase grasp a name eerily similar to ours. And put it on their championship video.

Sorry that bothers you. Stop chanting "Detroit sucks" when we aren't in town, and we'll look into getting over this.

LOL...I could tell you the fanbase will stop grasping a name eerily similar to yours, except we don't do that. Hard to stop doing something we never did, ya know?

As for Detroit sucks...nah that's gotta continue. It's too fun. You all should take that as a badge of honor anyway. I debate with a fellow Hawks fan at work about the Detroit sucks chant all the time. He takes it a bit too serious for what it is, as a few here seem to do. It's all harmless fun.

#45 thedisappearer

thedisappearer

Hall-of-Famer

• Silver Booster
  • 2,194 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 10:27 PM

LOL...I could tell you the fanbase will stop grasping a name eerily similar to yours, except we don't do that.

Except you do. Carry on.
*this space for rent*

#46 Sarava

Sarava

Prospect

• 31 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 10:29 PM

Except you do. Carry on.

Eh, no. Hawkeytown sounds hokey to me. You won't ever hear me saying that.

#47 Barrie

Barrie

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,945 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 10:52 PM

Eh, no. Hawkeytown sounds hokey to me. You won't ever hear me saying that.

:thumbup:

Good to hear a Hawks fan say they don't like the name. Like I said in my earlier post, especially a city like yours, you don't need to copy anyone. Chicago is one of those cities that starts trends, doesn't have to follow them.

Edited by Barrie, 17 July 2010 - 10:54 PM.

Lets Go:
Red Wings
Tigers
Roughriders
Lions
Spartans
Pistons

#48 Tommy_Like_Wingy

Tommy_Like_Wingy

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 369 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 11:09 PM

Wow, just wow! This isn't some small market like Florida or Carolina, this is Chicago! You'd think Chicago would have enough city ego and pride to think of their own thing, instead of copying Detroit. Sad, embarrassing, and pathetic if you ask me.

Uh, do you understand what a pun is?

#49 Barrie

Barrie

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,945 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 11:33 PM

Uh, do you understand what a pun is?

Well compare that to what Minnesota did with their "State of Hockey". Chicago should do something like that.
Lets Go:
Red Wings
Tigers
Roughriders
Lions
Spartans
Pistons

#50 Tommy_Like_Wingy

Tommy_Like_Wingy

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 369 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 11:35 PM

Well compare that to what Minnesota did with their "State of Hockey". Chicago should do something like that.

Huh? What does that have anything to do with a pun?

#51 Red Wings 2010

Red Wings 2010

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 85 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 11:40 PM

:thumbup:

Ok, really? Why is it that when the Chciago Blackhawks won their first cup in 1050589350 years, they freak out and go crazy. Paint buildings the blackhawk colors, kill people and throw a blackhawk tshirt on them and.. steal other teams tradition. Are they going to start throwing a octopus that has a blackhawk mask on? I mean really.. They won ONE cup, get over yourself hawks.

#52 Gordie Howe hat trick

Gordie Howe hat trick

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,052 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 03:47 AM

Ok, really? Why is it that when the Chciago Blackhawks won their first cup in 1050589350 years, they freak out and go crazy. Paint buildings the blackhawk colors, kill people and throw a blackhawk tshirt on them and.. steal other teams tradition. Are they going to start throwing a octopus that has a blackhawk mask on? I mean really.. They won ONE cup, get over yourself hawks.

"The world needs wannabes so let's get some more wannabes; and HEY! HEY! DO THAT BRAND NEW THING!!!"

It is stupid, let them do as they want, they won't win a cup for another fifty-thousand years so let em' try and rub it in. I mean hell our best players in the playoffs aren't going to (other) s***ty teams this year it cost them years of solid future building to get the payoff now, they won't be anything to worry about for a while now. Let them toot their own horns.

However, I do think that if St. Louis is as good on the ice as they are on paper they will be the divisional worry for us...just saying.
"If a guy slashed me, I'd grab his stick, pull him up alongside me and elbow him in the head."

-Gordon "Gordie" Howe-

Overall 3 Gordie Howe hat trick 113 points
2011 playoff pick game

#53 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,960 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 06:44 AM

LOL...I could tell you the fanbase will stop grasping a name eerily similar to yours, except we don't do that. Hard to stop doing something we never did, ya know?

As for Detroit sucks...nah that's gotta continue. It's too fun. You all should take that as a badge of honor anyway. I debate with a fellow Hawks fan at work about the Detroit sucks chant all the time. He takes it a bit too serious for what it is, as a few here seem to do. It's all harmless fun.

The Hawks really can't be like Detroit. They're not going to win the Cup again for some time.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#54 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,615 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 07:33 AM

Another one .

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#55 SouthernWingsFan

SouthernWingsFan

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 24,609 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 08:09 AM

And that's one more Stanley Cup that one team will win, or a city's fans will ever seen in a lifetime probably. I'm not denying that Chicago or their fans at least are mocking or being copycats to a degree, but to expect them to do nothing and sit on their hands after winning a championship is incredibly naive. Let them have some fun.

#56 Sarava

Sarava

Prospect

• 31 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 08:42 AM

The Hawks really can't be like Detroit. They're not going to win the Cup again for some time.

Not saying they are trying to be like Detroit, though the Bowman's obviously brought their fondness for Swedes over to Chicago.

I disagree with you on the cup thing. The Hawks are stacked with prospects and the core is set. While this upcoming season very well could be rough. In 2-3 years when these guys all come up it will be fun. There's a lot of top 4 defense and top 6 forward prsospects in the pipeline, and all of them will only need to fill bottom pair or 3rd or 4th line roles. The Hawks will be ridiculous in a few years IMO.

#57 EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,731 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 09:31 PM

Except you do. Carry on.

Go away and leave him alone. Every team has their share of dumbass fans. If you don't believe me, spend more time on this site.

Not saying they are trying to be like Detroit, though the Bowman's obviously brought their fondness for Swedes over to Chicago.

I disagree with you on the cup thing. The Hawks are stacked with prospects and the core is set. While this upcoming season very well could be rough. In 2-3 years when these guys all come up it will be fun. There's a lot of top 4 defense and top 6 forward prsospects in the pipeline, and all of them will only need to fill bottom pair or 3rd or 4th line roles. The Hawks will be ridiculous in a few years IMO.

Have to agree with this to an extent, though another mass exodus will cleary happen again due to Hossa and Campbell's overdone contracts.
Victory Honda Forever.

Like my posts? Contact Hossa4life for information regarding my fan club

#58 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,960 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 12:36 PM

LULZ WERE TEH BEST N DETROIT SUCKZ WHAT'S A CELERY CAP HEY WHERE'D EVERYBODY GO

Ridiculous like they were a few years ago?

Edited by Hockeytown0001, 19 July 2010 - 12:38 PM.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#59 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 02:42 PM

Exactly what I was thinking. It's like the Blackhawks are our jealous little brothers.

Or like Drake_Marcus has put so eloquently...

"They are like the creepy ex-girlfriend that keeps stalking you".

PERFECT description for this pathetic bandwagon fan base. Truly just embarrassing themselves with this s***. :lol:

Edited by HankthaTank, 19 July 2010 - 02:42 PM.

TO WHOM MUCH IS GIVEN, MUCH IS EXPECTED.

#60 Tommy_Like_Wingy

Tommy_Like_Wingy

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 369 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 02:58 PM

Will their fans still be considered bandwagoners if they still sell out this season? I mean realistically this is the worst their team will be for a while (on paper at least). So what happens if they still sell out?