• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
BlakKy

Turco to Wings?

Rate this topic

Preface: So my boss is a sort of big shot wannabe like a lot of bosses are and we were talking hockey today.

Marty Turco comes up and he tells me he knows where he is signing. I ask where and he tells me Detroit.

Apparently he had been to a wedding with Turco recently and heard from two of Marty's friends that he is all but officially signed with the Wings and when he asked Turco himself he responded by saying "He'd really like to play in Detroit", but that was about all he get straight from the horses mouth.

Still a rumor and I don't know what to make of it but yea... something to ponder.

Again with this whole kind of situation - it's not that we don't believe you, but it's that we can't believe you unless you produce some kind of proof. Refer back to that whole "Modano came into where I work and told me he's signing with the Wings" thread for reasons why.

Again with this whole kind of situation - it's not that we don't believe you, but it's that we can't believe you unless you produce some kind of proof. Refer back to that whole "Modano came into where I work and told me he's signing with the Wings" thread for reasons why.

Yea that's why I prefaced it the way I did and made sure I didn't say "FACT: Turco is a Wing".

Everyone should know how to deal with a rumor. :P

Tuco never should have rejected the Flyers offer. I can't imagine he'd get the same offer elsewhere.

No kidding, but like you said before, they would have no need for him. I honestly never was a very big fan of howard, but last season opened my eyes. Turco's a bum anyways.

I just don't see this happening. I'm not saying that the OP wasn't really told this by his boss, but it just doesn't make any sense to me.

Lets just pretend that this is indeed true... How would this even work? We have Howie, he isn't going anywhere. Ozzie has one more year left on his contract, and I just can't see the Wings trading him on his last year, I just really can't.

Streaks aside... I would love to see this happen... I feel that Turco is a solid and proven goalie... Howard isn't going to cut it. He made some good saves and all of that, but when you have other goalies playing like Fleury did in his first playoff run and Leighton (up until the end), Raask and Niemi... What Varlamov and Hiller did a few years back. I feel like Howard was greatly shadowed. I would like to see us pick up someone I truly have faith in.

However, I don't see this happening. Managment is on Howard's nob and aren't going to get off until he really blows it. Sophomore slump style.

That's why I said "until the end" But all the way through until then he was fantastic! I just see Howard doing the same thing he did.

Boucher>Leighton

Boucher is a more established goalie who has had much more playoff success and was at least as good as Leighton in the playoffs last season.

Boucher had a worse record, but two of his losses were in relief of games Leighton botched but Philly ended up almost winning due to Boucher holding Chicago down. Unfortunately Lavs loved Leighton a little too much, and wouldn't put Bouch back in until Leighton was killing the team against the Hawks.

Boucher>Leighton

Boucher is a more established goalie who has had much more playoff success and was at least as good as Leighton in the playoffs last season.

Boucher had a worse record, but two of his losses were in relief of games Leighton botched but Philly ended up almost winning due to Boucher holding Chicago down. Unfortunately Lavs loved Leighton a little too much, and wouldn't put Bouch back in until Leighton was killing the team against the Hawks.

I would agree with that.... All I'm saying is, I trust Howard as much as I would trust Leighton if we had him... I think Turco would be a good solid backstop for us that would put us into a great position.

Latest Turco rumour:

NHLSourcesSay

1. Marty Turco and Hawks have made a verbal agreement, 1 year worth $1.5 million...this is if they walk after Niemi arb. hearing or trade him. 37 minutes ago via web