• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
paulwoodsfan

Vintage Wings video -- 1988 Norris Final

Rate this topic

I'm digitizing some old games and have done Games 2 through 6 of the 1988 Norris Semifinal. Wings beat the Leafs four games to two. So far I have posted edited segments from Game 2. More to come in the days and weeks ahead.

Full channel contents: http://www.youtube.com/user/pxw13

Edited by paulwoodsfan

This is so wierd watching guys i have never even heard of play, it probably has something to with the year. This was a year before i was born! I didn't start watchin hockey till about 96 or 97. Still some really good stuff here, that second goal was a beauty.

I'm digitizing some old games and have done Games 2 through 6 of the 1988 Norris Semifinal. Wings beat the Leafs four games to two. So far I have posted edited segments from Game 2. More to come in the days and weeks ahead.

Full channel contents: http://www.youtube.com/user/pxw13

This is awesome!!! I was 28 at the time. So glad we got rid of that wimpy horn!

Man, Petr Klima, John Chabot, Gallant, Dave Barr, Oates... that brings back some memories.

So weird to see Gallant with the C on his sweater. This must be the year Stevie was out with the bad knee after sliding into the goalpost. You still have to wonder how much better his career would've been had the net come off its moorings properly when he slid into it.

That's great stuff. Can't wait to see the other videos. :thumbup:

Edited by haroldsnepsts

Highlights from Games 2, 3 and 4 are now up, with Games 5 and 6 on the way. Game 4 was especially notable as the Wings crushed the Leafs 8-0 at Maple Leaf Gardens. Leaf fans were so mad that in the third period they threw all kinds of stuff on the ice, including Leafs jerseys. One other interesting aspect of this series is how many fights there were in the playoffs back then.

Here's a link to the first segment of Game 4: