• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Broken 16

Pavel Datsyuk

Rate this topic

Yeah it's been posted before. I'm not sure if it had its own thread though but it's always fun to watch.

Though I don't think skates are that loud. Seems like his skates may be mic'd for effect or something.

I like how he stickhandled around the cameraman too.

Guest CaliWingsNut

I think these were made during the 07-08 season (before the cup).

Unfortunately I cannot get them to play. But I know he's got smoother moves than a con artist - he always has.

Amazing how much his english has improved since then too eh?

I watch this one for the lulz. :hehe:

I guess they focused on Grier because he's the one that got the worst of all that but was Clowe supposed to be charging at Datsyuk like that with Grier right behind him? Seems to me like Clowe is the idiot in that one.

Another brilliant Pasha's video with an appropriate lyrics :D

Thanks for posting! :thumbup: One of the best Pav videos I've ever seen.

Just watching all the highlight-reel goals he's scored really drives home how special of a player he truly is. His hands and shiftiness are second to no one in this world.

I mentioned it several times on this board before, but it was probably about 6 or 7 years ago, I went a game at the Joe and Pavel had really just started bursting onto the scene (it was only like his 3rd or 4th season with the Wings full time), well anyways, like I said, he had been with the Wings for several years, so I was fully aware of who he was and was just starting to get an idea of just HOW good he was/could be... we went to the game early for warm-ups and after almost everyone else was done with warm-ups and skating back off, he skated into the crease at about the top of the crease and repeatedly (at least 20 times in a row) shot the puck so that it hit the side post, then crossbar, then back down to his stick *ding, ding, dink* , like a double bank shot in billiards...

Like I said he did this about 20 times WITHOUT FAIL and without barely moving his stick more than 2 inches each time to adjust to where the puck landed... I was absolutely awe-struck at his control and hands...

Fast forward to today and all the CONTINUED highlight moves and I can confidently say, WITHOUT hesitation, that Pavel Datsyuk has the single greatest puck control/hands in the history of the game... go ahead and try and argue who is/has been better? It's like the guy LITERALLY has the puck attached to his stick by a string and is a once in a lifetime (possibly history) that you will ever see a player with that ability... and DAMN are we lucky it is happening in the Winged Wheel...

Fast forward to today and all the CONTINUED highlight moves and I can confidently say, WITHOUT hesitation, that Pavel Datsyuk has the single greatest puck control/hands in the history of the game... go ahead and try and argue who is/has been better? It's like the guy LITERALLY has the puck attached to his stick by a string and is a once in a lifetime (possibly history) that you will ever see a player with that ability... and DAMN are we lucky it is happening in the Winged Wheel...

That is a pretty bold statement, which appears to be based soley on watching one player and what he has done.....have you watched other players as closely, behind the scenes, etc.?

Kent Nilsson was pretty slick and I've always considered him to be the best stickhandler I've ever seen. Kovalev is pretty damn good too.

I think something like this is pretty subjective and you could very well get some arguments for other players, I think it's really difficult to say that one player, without a doubt at all, is the best.

That is a pretty bold statement, which appears to be based soley on watching one player and what he has done.....have you watched other players as closely, behind the scenes, etc.?

Kent Nilsson was pretty slick and I've always considered him to be the best stickhandler I've ever seen. Kovalev is pretty damn good too.

I think something like this is pretty subjective and you could very well get some arguments for other players, I think it's really difficult to say that one player, without a doubt at all, is the best.

If anything it's based off of NOT solely watching one player... I've watched a ton of hockey from a ton of leagues - NHL, SEL, FEL, KHL and anything else I can stream online... and Kovalev is the only one that's EVER even comes CLOSE to Datsyuk, the more hockey you watch, the more it just proves how superior his hands are to everyone else...

Another brilliant Pasha's video with an appropriate lyrics :D

Awesome vid, thanks for posting :thumbup: Set brilliantly to the music:ph34r:

I don't remember him being hyped before he made it. If he was' date=' it certainly wasn't anything like Z.[/quote']

No, I remember his rookie season when it was obvious he had tremendous skills, but no-one had any idea he would turn into the dominant 2-way player he is - which is to his and Babcocks credit.

Best stick handler ever? Certainly in the 15-odd years I've been watching I can't think of anyone else. The ones who come close such as Jagr & Kovalev have a tremendous size advantage as well.

I've said it before and I'm sure I'll say it again - At Barcelona they call Messi the "Playstation Footballer". Pavel Datsyuk is the Playstation Hockey player

*points at sig*

He is unreal. I rock the 13 on the ice because of him. I'm just happy I'm alive and watching when this guy walked the earth. And to think there was a time on these forms when members wanted to trade the great Pavel Datsyuk for joe thorton........ HA!!!