• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Broken 16

Pavel Datsyuk

Rate this topic

Guest scottj

He is unreal. I rock the 13 on the ice because of him. I'm just happy I'm alive and watching when this guy walked the earth. And to think there was a time on these forms when members wanted to trade the great Pavel Datsyuk for joe thorton........ HA!!!

I was watching Game 5 vs. Phoenix with my girl last night and Datsyuk had that sick backhand goal where he just basically picked it up and threw it behind the goalie and I told my girl... ohmygod we get to see datsyuk and zetterberg play on the same line in person on October 8th... you should feel honored to be able to watch such a beautiful stickhandler/hockey player. of course i say that whenever i see lidstrom too lol

the one thing I like about living in downriver detroit is the fact that i live 15 minutes away from the joe and we got the wings... we don't have much else lol

Guest hock91

I mentioned it several times on this board before, but it was probably about 6 or 7 years ago, I went a game at the Joe and Pavel had really just started bursting onto the scene (it was only like his 3rd or 4th season with the Wings full time), well anyways, like I said, he had been with the Wings for several years, so I was fully aware of who he was and was just starting to get an idea of just HOW good he was/could be... we went to the game early for warm-ups and after almost everyone else was done with warm-ups and skating back off, he skated into the crease at about the top of the crease and repeatedly (at least 20 times in a row) shot the puck so that it hit the side post, then crossbar, then back down to his stick *ding, ding, dink* , like a double bank shot in billiards...

Like I said he did this about 20 times WITHOUT FAIL and without barely moving his stick more than 2 inches each time to adjust to where the puck landed... I was absolutely awe-struck at his control and hands...

Fast forward to today and all the CONTINUED highlight moves and I can confidently say, WITHOUT hesitation, that Pavel Datsyuk has the single greatest puck control/hands in the history of the game... go ahead and try and argue who is/has been better? It's like the guy LITERALLY has the puck attached to his stick by a string and is a once in a lifetime (possibly history) that you will ever see a player with that ability... and DAMN are we lucky it is happening in the Winged Wheel...

Kovalev and Bure.

Kovalev and Bure.

Bure was not THAT great of a stick handler, not even in the same class as Kovalev or esepcially Datsyuk... don't get me wrong, he was no schlub when it came to hands, but it was his speed that made him so dangerous, not necessarily his hands... like I already said, Kovalev is the ONLY one that even comes close to Datsyuk and I still have to give the edge to Pasha - Kovalev makes some pretty moves and has AMAZING hands but Datsyuk's CONTROL and strength on the puck WITH those hands, is what gives him the edge over Kovalev...

Fast forward to today and all the CONTINUED highlight moves and I can confidently say, WITHOUT hesitation, that Pavel Datsyuk has the single greatest puck control/hands in the history of the game... go ahead and try and argue who is/has been better? It's like the guy LITERALLY has the puck attached to his stick by a string and is a once in a lifetime (possibly history) that you will ever see a player with that ability... and DAMN are we lucky it is happening in the Winged Wheel...

Denis Savard, anyone?

If gives me chills to watch that man embarrass goalies & players alike. Him and Zetty together are one of my favorite starting line pairs ever.

Its funny I remember when Datsyuk first started playing for the Wings. I was just a teenager living with my parents never had the internet and only got Wings game that was broadcasted on national tv. I seen him and Zetterberg playing on the third and fourth line and couldn't believe how good they were. I found myself just watching and waiting for them to come on the ice because it seemed like something amazing was always about to happen when they were on the out. I remember watching the games with my mom and telling her about these two player and how good they were. This was well before they became they became the superstars they are now. I had the same opinion of Hudler. Seen him playing on the fourth line and it just always seemed like something incredible might happen. I think its going to be a break out season for Hudler and I would be really surprised to seem him on the third line all season. I think he will be on the second line by december. It would also be fun to think of Zetterberg, Datsyuk and Hudler all on one line if they all had chemistry together. That is alot of skill on one line probably be hands down the best line in the league. How would you defend against that or even get a chance to touch the puck. I remember watching Datsyuk and Zetterberg in the 08 playoffs against Colorado and they just took over just imagine another player like that on that line. Holmstrom is the weak spot on the line he lacks the skill to keep up with them two. Just think it would be something to watch three incredibly skilled players on my line. I seriously doubt we will ever see Datsyuk, Zetterberg and Hudler on one line but it would be really cool if they did.