• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
newfy

Gagne to Lightning

Rate this topic

Steve Yzerman is a friggin gun. He traded an overpaid #5 defenceman and a 4th round pick for a 1st line LWer to play with either Vinny or Stamkos. Not to mention getting Dan Ellis and Brett Clark and Kubina to improve the defence, well done.

Great trade for Yzerman!!!

Gagné - Stamkos - Malone

Downie - Lecavalier - St-Louis

Just to add - Gagné is + 143 (career regaular season)

He is the reason WHY Flyers went 4-3 (after beeing down 3 games)... GREAT DEAL FOR TAMPA. I guess we have (ALL OF US) new favorite team in Eastern division...

This is a steal for fun. Walker's a decent enforcer/defensive d-man and all, but I don't think he's worth 1.7 million, especially for the next 3 years. In return the Bolts bolster their offense (which was needed) and they already have several, large defensive prospects ready to jump in (Lundin, Smaby, Mihalik even). Plus, they just signed Brett Clark not too long ago which helps with the shot blocking a ton. If Gagne can play 60+ games this year it's a huge steal.

Good job Stevie. :clap:

You know, if Stevie keeps this up, he's gonna be considered the Eastern Conference's answer to Ken Holland.

He has done an absolutely amazing job. It will be interesting to see how he handles things in a few years when he is tight up against the cap. Hard to compare what he is doing to what Holland has to do IMO because Holland always just deals with being right up against the cap and that (thankfully for Stevie) is something he doesn't have to deal with yet (although I'm sure when he does he will be great at that just like he is everything else he does :lol: ).

Guest mindfly

Stamkos, Lecavalier, St. Louis, Downie, Gagne, Malone...... very nice top six.

Still they should trade Malone or someone for a D-upgrade, they will score lots of goals and dominate the pp but i doubt they will be a force in their own end.

Wow. Stevie is kicking ass and taking names in Tampa! The Gagne signing was almost highway robbery! Stevie must have been wearing a black mask when talking to Holmgren! :ph34r:

Of course the Lightning have yet to play a game but all indications are they will be a MUCH better team in 10-11 than they have been in recent seasons. Some fans in Tampa are ready to erect a statue of Stevie outside the St. Pete Times Forum!

I know I'm getting ahead of myself here, but maybe Stevie for GM of the Year? LOL...could happen. ;)

Regardless, excellent job by The Captain! (and yes, he is still The Captain) :clap:

Still they should trade Malone or someone for a D-upgrade, they will score lots of goals and dominate the pp but i doubt they will be a force in their own end.

Yeah ever since Tampa won the cup they have had good offense but no back end or goalie. Steve needs to do something to bring in a solid top 4 defenseman and Hedman needs to make strides this year. If they do this I think they make playoffs

Yeah ever since Tampa won the cup they have had good offense but no back end or goalie. Steve needs to do something to bring in a solid top 4 defenseman and Hedman needs to make strides this year. If they do this I think they make playoffs

The Lightning will definitely make the playoffs.

They have one of the NHL's best top-six forward groups (Stamkos, St.Louis, Lecavalier, Gagne, Malone, Downie), a very good top-four D (Kubina, Ohlund, Hedman, Clark), and a good goaltending tandem (Smith/Ellis).

If either Ellis or Smith shows up as the kind of top end goaltender that those guys were 'supposed' to be and have shown flashes of being, and Hedman has a breakout season, the Bolts could be extremely dangerous in the East.

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

If there was an award for GM of the year, it would be Stevie.

A bit too early for that now shortstop. I like his moves on paper, but things may not always work out.

So far though, I agree, he's done a great job. Lets hope Gange ends up meshing well with the system and plays to his potential.

Edited by EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

He will get some nice goals and play about 40 games.

I think its funny that when you get injured a couple times in your career, you're "injury prone". However, if you never get injured, teams avoid you because you're overdue to be injured.

I think its a great move. Gagne is a very Red Wings-like player and that is the direction Stevie is taking this team.

I think its funny that when you get injured a couple times in your career, you're "injury prone". However, if you never get injured, teams avoid you because you're overdue to be injured.

I think its a great move. Gagne is a very Red Wings-like player and that is the direction Stevie is taking this team.

he plays banged up a lot too and seems to find trouble being at 100% but this could be a great move

Steve has done a good job, but he's also had the benefit of starting with a virtually clean slate. Tampa barely had anyone signed when he took over, so he's had tons of cap space to fill all the roles he wants.

He's made good moves with that space, I like all the Gagne, Kubina, and Ellis signings. But the real test will be in 3-4 years when there are holes that need to be filled and lots of salary already committed (especially after the Stamkos/Hedman paydays).

So getting injured alot doesent make you injury prone? I never said it was a bad signing or he is a bad player. What is going to be funny is seeing every move Stevie makes get praised by some people just because he was the best captain any hockey team could want.

Edited by Krayzie_Bone

So getting injured alot doesent make you injury prone? I never said it was a bad signing or he is a bad player. What is going to be funny is seeing every move Stevie makes get praised by some people just because he was the best captain any hockey team could want.

I agree. I feel like Stevie is getting a crazy amount of man-love on here for every move that he makes. He could trade Stamkos for Hal Gill and get praised for it.

Yes Gagne is a good player, but it is a huge risk. Does he feel like playing a full season this year, or having some strange injury to allow him to sit out 40 games?

Also trading Mezaros was not a good move. Sure he cleared like 4 mil in cap space, but Mezaros was a great young, up and coming defenceman. Imagine how he would be received if he were traded to the Wings? Stevie is sure banking on Hedman to finally perform this season.

Yes Gagne is a good player, but it is a huge risk. Does he feel like playing a full season this year, or having some strange injury to allow him to sit out 40 games?

Also trading Mezaros was not a good move.

It wasn't a risk because they gave up a weak defenseman and a 4th round pick for a guy who could very well perform some magic on TB's roster.

And yes it was a good move to trade Mezaros. The guy did not perform well in Tampa and he was ridiculously overpaid.

This is more than a couple times:

2010/05/07 Missed 4 games (right foot surgery).

2009/12/19 Missed 24 games (hernias in right groin).

2009/01/06 Missed 2 games (shoulder injury).

2008/10/24 Missed 1 game (flu).

2008/05/18 Missed the last 27 games of the regular season and all 17 playoff games (concussion).

2008/01/10 Missed 26 games (dizzyness).

2007/11/05 Missed 4 games (dizzyness).

2007/03/24 Missed 6 games (groin).

2006/03/06 Missed 3 games (bruised knee).

2006/02/10 Missed 1 game (stomach virus).

2006/01/02 Missed 1 game (flu).

2005/12/22 Missed 5 games (groin).

2003/10/25 Missed 2 games (bruised right shoulder).

2003/04/01 Missed 13 games (groin).

2003/03/07 Missed 13 games (groin).

2003/02/04 Missed 3 games (groin).

2003/01/07 Missed 5 games (cut above right eyebrow/concussion).

2002/12/02 Missed 2 games (abdominal injury).

2002/04/17 Missed the last game of the regular season (virus).

2002/01/08 Missed 2 games (shoulder injury).

2001/03/24 Missed 12 games (left shoulder subluxation).

2001/02/22 Missed 1 game (back injury).

This is more than a couple times:

2010/05/07 Missed 4 games (right foot surgery).

2009/12/19 Missed 24 games (hernias in right groin).

2009/01/06 Missed 2 games (shoulder injury).

2008/10/24 Missed 1 game (flu).

2008/05/18 Missed the last 27 games of the regular season and all 17 playoff games (concussion).

2008/01/10 Missed 26 games (dizzyness).

2007/11/05 Missed 4 games (dizzyness).

2007/03/24 Missed 6 games (groin).

2006/03/06 Missed 3 games (bruised knee).

2006/02/10 Missed 1 game (stomach virus).

2006/01/02 Missed 1 game (flu).

2005/12/22 Missed 5 games (groin).

2003/10/25 Missed 2 games (bruised right shoulder).

2003/04/01 Missed 13 games (groin).

2003/03/07 Missed 13 games (groin).

2003/02/04 Missed 3 games (groin).

2003/01/07 Missed 5 games (cut above right eyebrow/concussion).

2002/12/02 Missed 2 games (abdominal injury).

2002/04/17 Missed the last game of the regular season (virus).

2002/01/08 Missed 2 games (shoulder injury).

2001/03/24 Missed 12 games (left shoulder subluxation).

2001/02/22 Missed 1 game (back injury).

Foppa is not impressed.