• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
jollymania

NHL's bes hitter

Rate this topic

Who is the best hitter in the league.  

62 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Probably 08-09 I would have had them higher, but this ear Sutton really took hold of the reign. Also guys like Phaneuf and Brown have dropped in my book.

hms:

Backes, Orpik, Morrow, Seabrook, Ott, Neil, Greene, Robidas

This past season Kronwall isn't even top 10. Did he even have a big hit all year?

Stuart had a nice one on Anisimov and when he hits it looks like its to hurt. Stuart is strong along the boards and the corners as well whereas you'll never see Kronwall do much in the corners hitting wise. I voted Sutton, Ryan Wilson is a huge hitter though and given a few years will be right among the top in the league I believe. I still can't believe he is in the NHL already, he seemed horrible defensively in Sarnia a few years back.

Have to agree on Orpik. Very underrated hitter. But its Sutton hands down with Murray and Boychuk right behind. Sheesh would love to have any of these guys. Stuie also gets a top 5 nod in my mind and Abby can really get up there this year with some ice time. Just needs to make more contact with the body instead of the boards.

Have to agree on Orpik. Very underrated hitter. But its Sutton hands down with Murray and Boychuk right behind. Sheesh would love to have any of these guys. Stuie also gets a top 5 nod in my mind and Abby can really get up there this year with some ice time. Just needs to make more contact with the body instead of the boards.

Murray always does have hits that look extremely painful to whoever is on the receiving end. And I'm really surprised to see votes for Kronwall after this past season? People who don't watch games I'm guessing?

This past season Kronwall isn't even top 10. Did he even have a big hit all year?

Stuart had a nice one on Anisimov and when he hits it looks like its to hurt. Stuart is strong along the boards and the corners as well whereas you'll never see Kronwall do much in the corners hitting wise. I voted Sutton, Ryan Wilson is a huge hitter though and given a few years will be right among the top in the league I believe. I still can't believe he is in the NHL already, he seemed horrible defensively in Sarnia a few years back.

yeah not last year, but only because of his injury he had a few good hits early in the season, but later on nothing really, a few in the olympics which doesn't count, count his last 82 games and he is easily top 10

Yeah, Kronner is kind of an afterthought of the huge hit which makes him and Stuie's pairing all the more moot but really hope it was just an "inury thing" and not just his game now. IF he can come back to 07-08 form, he gets in the top 10 again. As of now, I must say Kronner has disappointed a lot in the hits department. Mitch Callahan about 2 years away!!!!! lol

I think after this post season Abby has the potential to be one of the games harder hitters. He's built like a brick s*** house and behind Shane Doan I think he was the biggest hitter these past playoffs.

Maybe Abby saw these past playoffs he can actually play that game in the NHL and not just the AHL. He had a few fights and a tonne of big hits, hopefully the playoffs carry over to this next season.

I think after this post season Abby has the potential to be one of the games harder hitters. He's built like a brick s*** house and behind Shane Doan I think he was the biggest hitter these past playoffs.

Maybe Abby saw these past playoffs he can actually play that game in the NHL and not just the AHL. He had a few fights and a tonne of big hits, hopefully the playoffs carry over to this next season.

yeah like someone up above said he has to hit the body a bit more instead of glass, but if he plays like he did in the playoffs he could get into being a clutterbuck type guy. Abby also had a few big hits during the reg season, I don't think he is gonna slow down

yeah like someone up above said he has to hit the body a bit more instead of glass, but if he plays like he did in the playoffs he could get into being a clutterbuck type guy. Abby also had a few big hits during the reg season, I don't think he is gonna slow down

I can see him becoming a Clutterbuck with more offense easily. Clutterbuck doesn't fight much but Abby has shown he will if he has too which is more respectable for someone throwing big hits(sometimes somewhat dirty)

I can see him becoming a Clutterbuck with more offense easily. Clutterbuck doesn't fight much but Abby has shown he will if he has too which is more respectable for someone throwing big hits(sometimes somewhat dirty)

Clutterbuck never needed to fight, he is an agitator, probably the leagues best (him or ott), and he backs it up by being the most consistent (and one of the hardest) hitter in the league, Abby will be our teams main "fighter" as of now so you would expect him to throw down more.

Clutterbuck never needed to fight, he is an agitator, probably the leagues best (him or ott), and he backs it up by being the most consistent (and one of the hardest) hitter in the league, Abby will be our teams main "fighter" as of now so you would expect him to throw down more.

Meh, I have no respect for guys who play liket hat and won't back it up when they deserve too. Ott has taken runs at his fair share of knees but doesn''t like to back it up, Clutterbuck is the same way. Hopefully Abby is not because that is embarrassing having someone do that and not face the consequences like a man

Meh, I have no respect for guys who play liket hat and won't back it up when they deserve too. Ott has taken runs at his fair share of knees but doesn''t like to back it up, Clutterbuck is the same way. Hopefully Abby is not because that is embarrassing having someone do that and not face the consequences like a man

It isn't embarrassing, you don't like them because you love to see fights and they get in the way of your ability to do so, it is embarrassing when you are patrick kaleta and dive constantly and never fight

It isn't embarrassing, you don't like them because you love to see fights and they get in the way of your ability to do so, it is embarrassing when you are patrick kaleta and dive constantly and never fight

Clutterbuck and Kaleta are both pretty much the same player. And yeah I don't like Clutterbuck, a guy who throws hits, plays rough and causes some fights because I like to see fights? Great logic.

Its embarrassing the way guys like Kaleta, Cooke, Ott etc play when really 15 years ago they would have been killed in the NHL. Players like that who try to hurt other players don't belong in the game.

Its embarrassing the way guys like Kaleta, Cooke, Ott etc play when really 15 years ago they would have been killed in the NHL. Players like that who try to hurt other players don't belong in the game.

It really does irritate the piss out of me too. There is no ramifications for guys who go out there and just insult the game (add Divin Devin to that list too). Really grinds my gears. Oh if hockey could somehow get back to the 70's early 80's style, these guys wouldn't last another season with their BS.

Just ridic...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9kY46Ee8jS0

It really does irritate the piss out of me too. There is no ramifications for guys who go out there and just insult the game (add Divin Devin to that list too). Really grinds my gears. Oh if hockey could somehow get back to the 70's early 80's style, these guys wouldn't last another season with their BS.

Just ridic...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9kY46Ee8jS0

Thank you lol. I'm not the only one who sees players who always try to hurt others as part of the game. As of right now I've seen Abby throw some big hits and the ones which were somewhat penalty worthy he has answered the bell. This goes a long way respect wise in this league even if he doesn't win his fights.

Thank you lol. I'm not the only one who sees players who always try to hurt others as part of the game. As of right now I've seen Abby throw some big hits and the ones which were somewhat penalty worthy he has answered the bell. This goes a long way respect wise in this league even if he doesn't win his fights.

ABsolutely! Was at the blowout game against Phoenix and there wasn't much happening for us so he gets a real good hit on Yandle so here comes Morris and sucker punches a few times. Had perfect line of sight and that is what it was. Plain and simple a ***** move by Morris. Abby comes out of the box and goes right after Yandle right away!!! Loved every second of it. He won't back down and hopefully gets the technique down some more and becomes the needed "energy fight" guy on this team. He is really the only one that will match that explanation.

ABsolutely! Was at the blowout game against Phoenix and there wasn't much happening for us so he gets a real good hit on Yandle so here comes Morris and sucker punches a few times. Had perfect line of sight and that is what it was. Plain and simple a ***** move by Morris. Abby comes out of the box and goes right after Yandle right away!!! Loved every second of it. He won't back down and hopefully gets the technique down some more and becomes the needed "energy fight" guy on this team. He is really the only one that will match that explanation.

Yeah he was on the receiving end in that fight but to be fair he stepped on 2 sticks so he couldn't really get his feet set at all. I like that we have someone on the team that will go out and send a message to the other team if we're losing. Abby went out there right after Yandle and tried sparking the team. To top it all off, he's good enough to play a regular shift.

Loooove the "fight" with Perry. Wound up going 2 seconds with that ****** nozzle and he still was punching all the way down the ground. Other than the shield ditching and bit more scoring touch with him I can't knock him one bit. I predict great things.

/end Abby love fest

On defense I've always thought Orpik and Matt Greene were really good. I think Robidas is very solid too, and has offensive upside to boot.

I agree with others, though, about the cheaper hitters. Guys like Clutterbuck and Kaleta tick me off, but really that's their job. Can't say I think their careers are going to be the longest with the style they play though. I still like Brendan Morrow up front, even if he has fallen off a bit.

I dunno, but last season I seen Ohlund come up with some huge hits, one being on Zetterberg :ranting: which im sure everyone here remembers as it injured him. Heres just a few vids of massive hits he had last year.

Even with the Canuks he has some massive hits also.

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

Probably 08-09 I would have had them higher, but this ear Sutton really took hold of the reign. Also guys like Phaneuf and Brown have dropped in my book.

hms:

Backes, Orpik, Morrow, Seabrook, Ott, Neil, Greene, Robidas

"I assure you the hits along the boards he(Aaron Downey) constantly threw SEVERAL TIMES EVERY SHIFT were far more damaging hits that what Kronwall throws."

Also, no love for Pronger? He may be more of a grind along the boards type of hitter now, but his open ice ones will still knock you tfo.