• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Hockey Card Collectors

Rate this topic

I collect some stuff.I don't do sets,but I'll buy some packs and some singles from ebay or from a local card shop.I do however have a ton of Osgood cards(probably over 2,500 since I buy a few lots).I'm on the mission to get one of every Ozzie card made(I'm about 85% there).

i dig peeping collection pics :thumbup:

ive never took scans or pics of my actual card collection, but i did start taking pics awhile back of the signed stuff. it got really tedious though so i stopped half way.

i'll probably get around to it sooner or later though just to sort of digitally organize s***, haha.

heres pics of a large portion of my wings/nhl player auto's though, which does include some cards to make it relevant to this tread.

its on myspace, but it was easier at the time to upload there than photobucket. i dont really go on my profile anymore though.

http://www.myspace.com/rastadubman_j/photos/albums/hockey-autograph-stuff-collections/3214909

some of the card pics are be a player auto's. i used to buy packs of those all the time when i was a kid. more often than not it would be some s***ty common card though, but it was always fun though.

now pretty much every set these days has an autographed insert set, which is still very awesome.

i need to get my grip on some wings auto/jersey combos.

Cards sure have come along way from the standard opee chee/tops to the boom in the early 90s when everyone was trying to up the other company with foil emblems and rookie sub sets ect. Now I hear they have little chunks of game worn jerseys in the cards? I have a stack of about six 2.5" binders.

I just bought packs, Never completed a set except the 1st opee chee premier had to buy Roenicks card from a store to finish the set. Lots of sets that were close though. No idea what I'll do with them all... wait for the next boom? Or pass them on when I have my own kids? I certainly think they are more keepsakes then something to sell though.

Edited by shoe

Yeah there's cards with parts of a player's jersey that was worn in a game.I've got a few of them.I've got a Fedotenko back when he was with Tampa Bay,Kovalev when he was a Canadien,and Ohlund from his Canucks days.I've got plenty others,but that's all I can think of for now.

Anyone selling any cards on ebay or something?

I have a few thousand that I've collected here and there over the past 20 years....I should probably check them. On a related note, I used to collect baseball cards when I was a kid "the 60's" I had like 3 grocery bags full and my dad threw them away one day while I was in the Navy to make room in his garage. We're talking Mickey Mantle, Al Kaline and on and on. I was pretty pissed at my dad. Well since then, over the past few years, my mom told me she felt bad about the whole ordeal and now searches garage sales and buys whatever cards they have whether baseball, football, hockey or what ever. Shes actually found some real keepers. She brought me a shoebox full of baseball cards she got for $1 and it had a Nolan Ryan rookie card in it. It's kind of inspired me to back into collecting a little more seriously.

Its sad the card collection business is dying, back in the 80's and 90's it was a booming business. Now you have brand new inserts worth more than some really old cards. I remember I bought a pack of cards and got a Peyton Manning insert worth $150.00 back in 2000. I have a very large collection that is sittin around collecting dust . I hope one day the card collection business will become what it once was.

Edited by RememberStevieY

I never collected much but a few years ago I bought a pack of Private Stocks and got a Stanislav Chistov RC. It was right after the ducks made their run to the cup and he had a great playoff. It was worth 150 back then, no idea what it would be now though

I've been collecting cards for a few years now. My favorite cards have to be my osgood card with a piece of his 1998 goalie pad, my signed franzen rookie card, and my Z and dats double jersey card.

was a pretty big collector back when I was a kid, but just recently went through the old albums the other day and I realized I have an entire 2 binders (roughly about 50 sleeves in each binder) dedicated to Red Wings cards only...forgot I had some nice Fedorov, Yzerman, Osgood, and Lidstrom cards to boot

Its sad the card collection business is dying, back in the 80's and 90's it was a booming business. Now you have brand new inserts worth more than some really old cards. I remember I bought a pack of cards and got a Peyton Manning insert worth $150.00 back in 2000. I have a very large collection that is sittin around collecting dust . I hope one day the card collection business will become what it once was.

In a way card collecting is better now. Sure there were more people collecting back then. But now there are less cards that aren't over produced making them more unique. I hope it doesn't turn into the 80's/90's again when there were just way to many sets and now all of them are worth nothing. And with the Autos, jersey, fight straps, pieces of sticks and pads and pucks all embedded in cards now it just is a whole lot more exciting.

as for binders, a couple months ago i bought a pack of 100 9 pocket sleeves and a new binder. I went through all my non team set cards, and i compiled a pretty solid 70 page binder of strictly wings. it was all cards from like 1986 to 2010, and i organized it first by player alphabetically, and then the year of the card. kinda OCD s***, but definitely cool to flip through.

i didnt wanna focus multiple pages per player unless they had lengthy careers with the wings, in which case a few choice players got multi pages of cards spanning their time with the wings.

:)

For the first few pages of my Wings binder,I arranged them by their success with the Wings.Their contribution.So the 1st page is Yzerman,Shanahan,Sawchuk,Lidstrom,Lindsay,etc.I have one binder that is strictly present day NHLers.The front of the binder is the big superstars like Ovechkin and Brodeur.As I go farther into the binder,I eventually group all the tough guys together followed by the stay at home defensemen and grinders.Pretty OCD as well.Then I have a Legends (Non-Wings) binder where I randomly put all my Gretzky,Messier,Bobby Orr,Fuhr,etc. Cards in.All the other binders are just randomly put together with no real patterns.

For a few years I used to be really into hockey card collecting, I managed to gather up a boat load of rookies from players like Messier, Bourque, Gretzky, Bossy, Roy, Yzerman, Sittler, Chelios, Marcel Dionne (Although the card is very poor centering wise) and the list goes on and on. I also have some really old cards of Alex Delvecchio from about 1952, Jean Beliveau and Henri Richard from about 1955 and a pile of jersey and autos of many players, one of which is a Zetterberg auto rookie. I also bought a pack of cards many years ago for 100 bucks, managed to pull out a Patrick Roy patch that I got an offer of $400 for. I know its Roy... ugh, but he has some hardcore collectors which makes this card very valuable.

I could snap a few pictures if anyone is interested.

Edited by TheRedWingsWay

I have some rare ones of players I hate (Roy,Forsberg,etc.) and I keep them,though its hard.I bought an old tin of cards from like 2005 or 2006 and,I was wondering if anyone remembers Luc Bourdon?A couple years back,he got in a fatal motorcycle accident in Canada.He had a bright career ahead of him (RIP Luc).Anyways in this old tin I got a Luc Bourdon rookie card and I have no idea how much its worth?Anyone have an idea?

I've got the entire 1990-1991 UD series which includes:

Jagr RC

Rob Blake RC

Modano RC

Brind'Amour RC

And NHL Award cards with the winner from that year:

Art Ross-Wayne Gretzky

Hart-Mark Messier

Norris-Bourque

Vezina-Roy

Lady Byng-Brett Hull

Calder-Makarov

Jennings-Moog

Conn Smythe-Ranford

Selke-Rick Meagher

I haven't looked up how much any of these are worth yet.Anyone have an idea?

I collected a few when I was a kid and then in my early 30's, I started collecting again. I am usually in the minority at the local card shop or on trade night being a woman...(and yes, I have encountered a ton of guys who try to "convince me" to trade my graded Yzerman RC for some 8 dollar jersey card!) but for the most part, people are great and understand that being a woman in the hobby doesnt mean I don't know what I am doing.

I collect Yzerman, Zetterberg and Filppula cards with Zetty being my main quest. My Zetty collection is over 200 cards, aproximately 15 RCS, 25 Autos and 40 Patch or jersey (or skate/stick) memoribila cards. I had my son in january so all the card money is now pablum and toy money so I havent ripped any wax this year, although I have picked up a few cards on ebay. Val has been easier to collect because he isnt a huge star so I have every card, with the exception of only 8 of Fil's cards that have been made. I love the hobby and it will be interesting to see what Panini produces this year with their debut!

I would love to trade with other LGW members so feel free to email me. I dont have photobucket at present but certainly have lots of traders!