• Please log in to reply
223 replies to this topic

#221 ilmickeyli

ilmickeyli

Meatwad

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,133 posts

Posted 03 September 2010 - 09:08 AM

This s*** just really reinforces Kenny and co's brain power.. They seemingly were the first to abuse this loophole - but knew not to take it to these extremes.
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

#222 Buppy

Buppy

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,980 posts

Posted 03 September 2010 - 10:58 AM

This s*** just really reinforces Kenny and co's brain power.. They seemingly were the first to abuse this loophole - but knew not to take it to these extremes.

True, though Lecavalier was really the first. Maybe Mike Richards if you want to count that one. 12 years, but ends at 36 and the salary doesn't drop off as drastically.

Seems 40 is a safe cutoff, except in Savard's case, where it's probably the two years at league minimum keeping the 'investigation' open.

Either way, we seem to be safe, so I don't care all that much what happens with the others. 44 to 42 is a big difference, and I'd expect the league to approve it, though I wouldn't be totally surprised if they ask for another re-work. And I still seriously doubt anything will come from the investigations of the other similar deals.

#223 dragonballgtz

dragonballgtz

Yu-Gi-HOE

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,468 posts

Posted 03 September 2010 - 11:00 AM

Has the League forgotten that the CBA is supossed to be a binding agreement?

I just look at the owners and laugh. They want a cap system but then they let their GMs offer these types of contracts...its just silly. They are embarrassing the league.

#224 CaliWingsNut

CaliWingsNut

PeeWee Bettman

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,744 posts

Posted 03 September 2010 - 01:27 PM

Posted Image

Well... he's at least practicing in jersey gear. link

Figures don't lie, but liars sure figure. - Mark Twain