• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Guest Wings43

News on Helm?

Rate this topic

Him and Abby have to wait until Modanno decides whether to sign with the Wings or not, so we won't hear any real news until sometime in August. Holland has repeatedly expressed that both Helm and Abdelkader will be Wings next year, though, so no worries.

You mean the star of "Advanced Puck Ragging: How to Outhustle Your Opponents and Kill Penalties"?

I hope we sign him to a 17yr deal. :P

Easily one of my favorite moments of the 08/09 playoff run. Gotta love a fan base that appreciates the finer aspects of the game!

Easily one of my favorite moments of the 08/09 playoff run. Gotta love a fan base that appreciates the finer aspects of the game!

Hes been so good for us in the playoffs. That one shift was just amazing though.

Guest DatsyukianDeke13

thanks man i was getting nervous.

understatement of the century

Guest Hatethedrake!

I heard that Darren Helm will be having a 1 hour special on FSN Detroit which will air on Thursday night. He will be announcing which NHL team he will be signing with. Rumours have the Wings being the favourites. He is trying to convince his best friend Justin Abdelkader to sign with the Wings as well. During this 1 hour special FSN Detroit plans on interviewing members of Helm's family as well as his closest friends which may or may not include Jimmy Howard. Darren's kindergarten teacher as well as his first girlfriend will be on as well. The teacher always wanted to grab little Darren for misbehaving. But he was too fast to grab. He apparently he stole another kid's (rumoured to be Justin Abdelkader) milk and chugged it champagne style like he had just won the Cup. Abdelkader grew up idolizing Mike Modano and even bought a pair of fake buck teeth to look just like him. There will also be an update on where Mike Modano will sign. Helm and Abdelkader have been rumoured to be holding signs outside Joe Louis Arena which read JUST SIGN MIKEY MO WHY DONTA YA KNOW YA BUCKTOOTHED HOMO. This may not be a part of the 1 hour special. There will also be a special update on Jason Williams. He was last seen being a hobo outside Joe Louis Arena selling broken Pavel Datsyuk hockey sticks. Mike Babcock is also going to give his take on Helm, Abdelkader and Mike Modano. Babcock is also scheduled to show his new gangsta rap video with he, Datsyuk and Zetterberg. The video is called RUDE BOYS. Here is an excerpt from the video...

BABS: TELL ME RUDE DATS DATS CAN YOU SHOOT IT UP

DATS: TELL ME RUDE HUDS HUDS ARE YOU BIG ENOUGH

Z: FAKE IT, FAKE IT

You all need to watch this. I know for myself, my very life depends on this. I need to know where in the hell Helm and Abdelkader will be signing. I will not able to sleep or even breathe for the next 24 hours. I'm going to watch Game 6 of the Cup Final from 2008 again and douse myself with a beer filled gatorade bottle just to prepare myself for tomorrow's epic annoncement. You all should too.

There will also be a special update on Jason Williams. He was last seen being a hobo outside Joe Louis Arena selling broken Pavel Datsyuk hockey sticks.

:lol:

Other than that. Stay off the smack there fella. Not worth it for you or your family.

Edited by HankthaTank

We are not going through this again are we? Its been said many times before its been in articles all over Michigan. Helm and Abby will not sign until Modano has signed or not they both will be signed but not until Aug. Calm down people it will happen and it really doesn't effect Helm at all he will play on 4th line with or with out Modano!

Edited by blgillett

There is lots of time but like I said before, make up your mind Modano. You either do want to play in Detroit or you don't. It is that simple. Sign a contract or f*** off, so we can move forward.

Guest mindfly

I hope the fans at JLA boo Modano out when he comes to play there if he signs with another team... delaying and maybe hurting players like abby and helmer :thumbdown:

I just can't believe how any players can wait so long to make up his mind after visited with babcock, Ilitch and Holland, the 3 best in their positions in the NHL... or maybe only we wings fans think like this... just listening to babcock and holland should be enough for him to think "SIGN ME UP BOYS"

Edited by mindfly

I hope the fans at JLA boo Modano out when he comes to play there if he signs with another team... delaying and maybe hurting players like abby and helmer :thumbdown:

I just can't believe how any players can wait so long to make up his mind after visited with babcock, Ilitch and Holland, the 3 best in their positions in the NHL... or maybe only we wings fans think like this... just listening to babcock and holland should be enough for him to think "SIGN ME UP BOYS"

It's not a black and white decision.

You've won a championship, you've been one of the better/best players to play the game during your prime, you've had an accomplished career without much else to prove. While you probably still have some gas left in the tank, it's going to be time to hang them up sooner than later and you eventually want to move onto other things in life both personally and business wise.

It's not as easy just to say "I want to play because ZOMG IT'S THE RED WINGS!"

And for the millionth time, there has been absolutely no indication that Modano's status affects the stauts of Helm or Abdelkader. Modano is not holding anything up in terms of player personnel in terms of a threat of anybody not leaving/not signing. From minute one, it has been stated that Modano is not going to kick Helm or Abdelkader to the curb, and that hasn't changed presently.

Modano will make a decision in time when it is most comfortable for him. And it is nothing, absolutely not even close, to the drama queen decision of retirement of another accomplished professional last year in Brett Favre (and possibly this year as well).

Edited by SouthernWingsFan

You've won a championship, you've been one of the better/best players to play the game during your prime, you've had an accomplished career without much else to prove. While you probably still have some gas left in the tank, it's going to be time to hang them up sooner than later and you eventually want to move onto other things in life both personally and business wise.

And for the millionth time, there has been absolutely no indication that Modano's status affects the stauts of Helm or Abdelkader. Modano is not holding anything up in terms of player personnel in terms of a threat of anybody not leaving/not signing. From minute one, it has been stated that Modano is not going to kick Helm or Abdelkader to the curb, and that hasn't changed presently.

Modano will make a decision in time when it is most comfortable for him. And it is nothing, absolutely not even close, to the drama queen decision of retirement of another accomplished professional last year in Brett Favre (and possibly this year as well).

Thank you.

Thank you.

Thanks.

It's just irritating to have to repeat the same stuff over and over again in terms of player personnel regarding this situation and that people in here are making Modano out to be a bad guy because he hasn't decided anything yet.

This is business. Modano #1 mindset should be for himself and family, not for the best interests of the Red Wings or any other team. If they feel he is taking too long to decide, they'll move on without him. Modano is doing nothing shady or inconsiderate to the Red Wings, Minnesota, or San Jose.

All this is is fans just not being patient enough and trying to make things bigger than they need to be. Nothing more, nothing less.

Edited by SouthernWingsFan

Guest DatsyukianDeke13

I heard that Darren Helm will be having a 1 hour special on FSN Detroit which will air on Thursday night. He will be announcing which NHL team he will be signing with. Rumours have the Wings being the favourites. He is trying to convince his best friend Justin Abdelkader to sign with the Wings as well. During this 1 hour special FSN Detroit plans on interviewing members of Helm's family as well as his closest friends which may or may not include Jimmy Howard. Darren's kindergarten teacher as well as his first girlfriend will be on as well. The teacher always wanted to grab little Darren for misbehaving. But he was too fast to grab. He apparently he stole another kid's (rumoured to be Justin Abdelkader) milk and chugged it champagne style like he had just won the Cup. Abdelkader grew up idolizing Mike Modano and even bought a pair of fake buck teeth to look just like him. There will also be an update on where Mike Modano will sign. Helm and Abdelkader have been rumoured to be holding signs outside Joe Louis Arena which read JUST SIGN MIKEY MO WHY DONTA YA KNOW YA BUCKTOOTHED HOMO. This may not be a part of the 1 hour special. There will also be a special update on Jason Williams. He was last seen being a hobo outside Joe Louis Arena selling broken Pavel Datsyuk hockey sticks. Mike Babcock is also going to give his take on Helm, Abdelkader and Mike Modano. Babcock is also scheduled to show his new gangsta rap video with he, Datsyuk and Zetterberg. The video is called RUDE BOYS. Here is an excerpt from the video...

BABS: TELL ME RUDE DATS DATS CAN YOU SHOOT IT UP

DATS: TELL ME RUDE HUDS HUDS ARE YOU BIG ENOUGH

Z: FAKE IT, FAKE IT

You all need to watch this. I know for myself, my very life depends on this. I need to know where in the hell Helm and Abdelkader will be signing. I will not able to sleep or even breathe for the next 24 hours. I'm going to watch Game 6 of the Cup Final from 2008 again and douse myself with a beer filled gatorade bottle just to prepare myself for tomorrow's epic annoncement. You all should too.

On the way to work I heard "Rude Boys" on the radio. It is being speculated that it will be up for every single award at the Grammys. Vegas odds are favorable. It is also being speculated that "Rude Boys" will be nominated for the next 15 "Best Picture" awards at the Oscars, despite being a music video. Inside sources say that Mike Babcock will not write an acceptance speech, rather he will just tell Avatar and James Cameron that they can go f*** themselves.

Best assessment on this. Thank you :thumbup:

Like others, I think you nailed it. Even if he's already decided in his mind to sign with us, it's the off season, why rush it now? The only ones that would help are us, the Wings junkies who follow every move the team even in the off season. Sure, I'd love him to sign now and know we have him for the season. But realistically I just don't see any reason from his perspective he would and I'll be just as happy on opening day whether he signs now or in September.

The thing is if Modanno does sign than I think Abby (more likely) & Helm will only sign one year contracts. These guys are kinda the roots of our future teams & I would prefer to see them sign on for 3 or 4 years.....if Modanno doesn't sign I think this would be the case. I don't understand a 40 year old guy bringing everything to a grinding halt well he takes his sweet time scratching his ass & deciding what to do. This definately isn't like the Favre soap opera....Brett Favre is at least an elite athelete!

The thing is if Modanno does sign than I think Abby (more likely) & Helm will only sign one year contracts. These guys are kinda the roots of our future teams & I would prefer to see them sign on for 3 or 4 years.....if Modanno doesn't sign I think this would be the case. I don't understand a 40 year old guy bringing everything to a grinding halt well he takes his sweet time scratching his ass & deciding what to do. This definately isn't like the Favre soap opera....Brett Favre is at least an elite athelete!

It's because he's trying to figure out if it is worth the grind to go through another season or two of wear/tear when he's already accomplished a good bit in his career, or whether he wants to move onto the next phase of his life. That's not a decision you can make overnight, and sometimes not in a week or a month.

Not to difficult to figure out.

And to say that Modano isn't a solid athlete or shun his accomplishments is incredibly naive.

Thanks.

It's just irritating to have to repeat the same stuff over and over again in terms of player personnel regarding this situation and that people in here are making Modano out to be a bad guy because he hasn't decided anything yet.

This is business. Modano #1 mindset should be for himself and family, not for the best interests of the Red Wings or any other team. If they feel he is taking too long to decide, they'll move on without him. Modano is doing nothing shady or inconsiderate to the Red Wings, Minnesota, or San Jose.

All this is is fans just not being patient enough and trying to make things bigger than they need to be. Nothing more, nothing less.

Hey... I want what I want and I want it NOW!!!!! :ranting: