• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Clarke MacArthur

Rate this topic

Atlanta's situation is interesting.Its a little early to predict what their lineup may look like,but I'm thinking:

Peverley-Antropov-?

?-E.Kane-?

?-Slater-?

Boulton-Thorburn-?

Enstrom-Hainsey

Bogosian-?

Valabik-?

With Eager and Ladd set to file for arbitration,you never know what they will be awarded.I'm not sure what Todd White's status is.Anyone think Patrice Cormier (Yes,that guy) has a chance at cracking a roster spot?Is Byfuglien gonna be there next year.I think he's an RFA and I haven't heard much about him lately.

Atlanta's situation is interesting.Its a little early to predict what their lineup may look like,but I'm thinking:

Peverley-Antropov-?

?-E.Kane-?

?-Slater-?

Boulton-Thorburn-?

Enstrom-Hainsey

Bogosian-?

Valabik-?

With Eager and Ladd set to file for arbitration,you never know what they will be awarded.I'm not sure what Todd White's status is.Anyone think Patrice Cormier (Yes,that guy) has a chance at cracking a roster spot?Is Byfuglien gonna be there next year.I think he's an RFA and I haven't heard much about him lately.

Byfuglien is contracted through 2010/2011 as is Todd White.

These guys are still without contracts, but I'm sure Little, Ladd, Eager and Bergfors are more likely to be regulars for Atlanta than Cormier. They're all RFA's. I would imagine their re-signing would be somewhat of a formality.

I just wonder if Ladd and Eager are awarded similar salaries through arbitration as was MacArthur,the Thrashers might let them go too?So pencil in Todd White and Dustin Byfuglien.If Ladd and/or Eager leave,Cormier could be a possibility.

Ladd would likely get $3m from an arbitrator when compared to MacArthur's. He'd probably be worth it to them. It'd be stupid to trade for them and not sign them though.

No matter how much cap space you have,you don't want to be throwing money away by overpaying a guy like Clarke MacArthur $2.4 Million.I agree with their decision to let him go.They've got a few spots to fill with the departures of Slava Kozlov,Maxim Afinogenov,Colby Armstrong,and Pavel Kubina,not to mention Christoph Schubert.

No matter how much cap space you have,you don't want to be throwing money away by overpaying a guy like Clarke MacArthur $2.4 Million.I agree with their decision to let him go.They've got a few spots to fill with the departures of Slava Kozlov,Maxim Afinogenov,Colby Armstrong,and Pavel Kubina,not to mention Christoph Schubert.

Yeah. Sadly for Atlanta, the arbitrator was obviously unaware at the time that David Perron was about the sign a 2 year/$4.3m. A cap hit of $2.15m and clearly a much better RFA of a comparable age.

Perron's contract really highlights the ridiculousness of MacArthur award.

...and people were pissed at what the arbitrator gave Hudler.

Haha I remmeber this plug tried getting rough with Filpulla and Ericcson came in and lost his fight virginity in the NHL in the ensuing scrum

I was at this game. Several thoughts occurred:

1) This was when I first thought "It's a ******* clean hit, why are we in a big scrum because of it?"

2) Then I thought "Really, Craig Rivet? Starting s*** with Nicklas Lidstrom? Really?"

3) Then I thought "f*** HIM UP, JOHNNY!!! f*** HIS s*** UP!!!"

The Wings then scored some beautiful goals in front of me, and a good time was had by all...

This award to MacArthur makes me wonder how much a guy like M. Raymond will get.

Has anyone ever heard of a guy that went through arbitration and came out with what everyone considered a lower contract than he should have? My memory isn't the greatest but I can't personally think of one.