• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Guest mindfly

Hawks trade Reasoner to Panthers for Jeff Taffe

Rate this topic

Guest mindfly

Because they traded Reasoner? I don't get it.

Because they're going DOWN, and they're not done yet, they still got the Niemi, Huet dilemma, they gotta make more trade(s)

Why is that funny? The wings struggled to finish off the Coyotes and then got creamed by San Jose, and they have done exactly what with their roster that is going to put them over the top? Hudler? lol

Top 6- Franzen, Zetterberg, Datsyuk, Hudler, Fillpula, Cleary

Top 6- Kane, Toews, Sharp, Bolland, Hossa, Brouwer

Edge= Chicago- 4 of those guys are still in their early 20's

Top 4- Lidstrom, Kronwall, Rafalski, Stuart (Last years whipping boy)

Top 4- Keith, Seabrook, Campbell, Hjalmarsson

Edge = Hawks D is much younger, skilled and faster, but the Wings, barely, only because Lidstrom is still better then all of them combined.

Goalie- Niemi

Goalie- Howard

Edge= Niemi. Stanley Cup.

As far as depth, well, to start, any team that has Todd Bertuzzi is only going to go so far, you can make up your mind as to who is better amongst the rest, Ritola, Dowell, Skille, Meech, Lalonde, Miller, Eaves, Kindl, Kopecky, Stalberg etc.

Ok

Lets break it down further

Dats>Kane (Last year was a fluke, Dats will be over 90 points again)

Z>Toews (Z is a better leader and had more points last year and is only 30)

Franzen=Hossa (he may have gotten a ring last year, but, I can name peewee players that would have done more for Chicago on the line he played on)

Hulder=Sharp (Hudler is epic, and sharp will be traded more than likely)

Flip>Bolland

Cleary< Brouwer

So I'd say our top 6 is better than theirs and given a healthy season it will be shown.

Our bottom 6 >>>>>>>> theirs

Our defense... hard to say, our second pairing is much better than theirs on defensively, and Kronner if he continues what he was doing beginning of last season could easily have a better offensive year compared to soup. The first pairing is hard, I'd still argue if I had to pick one defensemen to play only next year to win it all id take Lids first and foremost, now Keith would be my choice to build a defense around for the next 10, but just for next year (and youll call me a homer) I still believe Lids will quietly be the best Dman in the league. Now youll say 'but Keith won Norris... well you can tell by who was nominated how well people knew defensive play in the NHL).

So heres my point, the reason why Chicago dominated wasn't because of a great top 6 and top defensive pairing alone (if that were the case Tampa would have been in the cup running, not the draft lottery), they won it because they had amazing depth in their roster. Guess what Chitown losers, your team lost its greatest strength.

Because they're going DOWN, and they're not done yet, they still got the Niemi, Huet dilemma, they gotta make more trade(s)

Well Huet will be off the roster. I really don't see why they're bothering with Niemi either. He was average at best in the playoffs and a little above average based on his regular season numbers. They'd be retarded to pay more than $2m for him.

Well Huet will be off the roster. I really don't see why they're bothering with Niemi either. He was average at best in the playoffs and a little above average based on his regular season numbers. They'd be retarded to pay more than $2m for him.

Ok, heres the bottom line they need to sign Nemi and 5 other players for 5 million dollars (they can only exceed the cap by 10% till puck drop 2010-11 and can't put Huet on waivers till that day.

Guest mindfly

Screw hawks top6 it's their depth last season that won it for them in the long run, now they don't have the depth and will most likely will their bottom 6 with scrubs

I think people are underestimating Niemi. Sure hes no Patrick Roy but he had a solid regular season and playoffs(even with a shaky finals). Who are the hawks going to replace him with? Someone from their farm system with next to no NHL experience? Turco might be a slight upgrade but sounds like he wants more than the Hawks can afford. Théodore would be a downgrade imo. Not to mention they will have a scrub for a back up regardless of what happens. Its such a mess.

Edited by Original-Six

Goodness. Since Stan Bowman came out and talked about this team's "CORE" that is really all I have heard from this s*** "fan" base lol. If he hadn't said it I think all we would hear is "nannaananhana we won the cup!" lulz. A thread without a troll is certainly a less entertaining one I will say that.

Wow. You're right. I never heard one of them ever mention the core before that. I knew I was sick of that word for a reason.

Why not trade Hossa here for Cleary... I'll take him back at a 5.3 cap hit.

If we only had the cap space...

Edit: I know it'll never happen...but I can dream:

CAPGEEK.COM CAP CALCULATOR

FORWARDS

Henrik Zetterberg ($6.083m) / Pavel Datsyuk ($6.700m) / Tomas Holmstrom ($1.875m)

Johan Franzen ($3.954m) / Valtteri Filppula ($3.000m) / Marian Hossa ($5.275m)

Justin Abdelkader ($1.000m) / Mike Modano ($1.250m) / Todd Bertuzzi ($1.937m)

Patrick Eaves ($0.750m) / Darren Helm ($1.000m) / Drew Miller ($0.650m)

Kris Draper ($1.583m)

DEFENSEMEN

Nicklas Lidstrom ($6.200m) / Brian Rafalski ($6.000m)

Brad Stuart ($3.750m) / Niklas Kronwall ($3.000m)

Jonathan Ericsson ($0.900m) / Jakub Kindl ($0.883m)

Derek Meech ($0.500m)

GOALTENDERS

Chris Osgood ($1.416m) /Jimmy Howard ($0.716m)

CARRY-OVER BONUS PENALTY: $50,000

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)

(these totals are compiled using the bonus cushion)

SALARY CAP: $59,400,000; CAP PAYROLL: $58,475,378; BONUSES: $0

CAP SPACE (22-man roster): $924,622

Edited by Z and D for the C

Guest Crymson

Why not trade Hossa here for Cleary... I'll take him back at a 5.3 cap hit.

Yet another ignorant trade proposal.

Lets say Niemi gets 2.7 mil. Here is the hawks lineup. Overall, they retain their top 6 forwards, top 4 and #7 defensemen, and their #1 goalie. (In other words, they retained their core). Burish and Eager are replaced with Dowell and Bickell. (Upgrade IMO). Lalonde is a promising prospect as well.

Err... how do they retain their top six forwards?

Guest Crymson

Why is that funny? The wings struggled to finish off the Coyotes and then got creamed by San Jose, and they have done exactly what with their roster that is going to put them over the top? Hudler? lol

Top 6- Franzen, Zetterberg, Datsyuk, Hudler, Fillpula, Cleary

Top 6- Kane, Toews, Sharp, Bolland, Hossa, Brouwer

Edge= Chicago- 4 of those guys are still in their early 20's

Top 4- Lidstrom, Kronwall, Rafalski, Stuart (Last years whipping boy)

Top 4- Keith, Seabrook, Campbell, Hjalmarsson

Edge = Hawks D is much younger, skilled and faster, but the Wings, barely, only because Lidstrom is still better then all of them combined.

Goalie- Niemi

Goalie- Howard

Edge= Niemi. Stanley Cup.

As far as depth, well, to start, any team that has Todd Bertuzzi is only going to go so far, you can make up your mind as to who is better amongst the rest, Ritola, Dowell, Skille, Meech, Lalonde, Miller, Eaves, Kindl, Kopecky, Stalberg etc.

Wow, this is a dumb post. Example: Niemi is better than Howard because he has a Cup? He was very average for much of the playoffs. He had a couple of great games against San Jose, but that's about it.

I know most here are blatant homers and cant accept the fact that the hawks and Hossa have a cup, and that them losing to the wings the prior year was actually the best thing that could have happened to them, but how is keeping your teams core together and having decent prospects fill in after 3 years of having no room for them make it horrible for the hawks?

Any intelligent hockey fan can look at that teams roster and see that it can be capable of winning more then one stanley cup. Most of that core is still 3-4 years from hitting their primes.

Haha. Now I know you've got some sort of grudge.

Hawks fans. The Hawks change half of their SC winning team in one summer and think they'll still have the same chemistry.

:rolleyes:

Haha. Now I know you've got some sort of grudge.

Yves Racine stole his girlfriend 20 years ago and he's been pissed off ever since.

Where's Eva and his direct comparison of Detroit and Chicago that left no doubt who the edge went to?

No doubt in a Matrix-like room compiling all the stats from the 80 or so years of Red Wings Hockey... or something like this-

att-command-center-500px.jpg

This would all be so much better if they hadn't won the Cup... Hockey is a business, players are shipped from one team to another without even blinking, it's kinda like sacificing your bishop for their queen. It's all about money. Bottom Line, that's it. If they hadn't won, this wold sting them all that much more, but since they gambled, won and now are losing some key pieces, they aren't that worried. They do have a core signed to build around, if they get the Stanley Cup Neimi, then they're in good shape, but if they get the Neimi that has been throughout his career, they're in trouble. Neimi NOR Huet are Stanley Cup goalies, just played great at the right time. When Neimi returns to his normal form, the "fans" will be calling for his head. (Nah, they'll just be chanting Detroit Sucks, it's hard for them to memorize more than one phrase at a time...)

They should run a promotion in Chicao with Toews' face in a golden ring, saying we won they cup, but thanks the the cap, sorry thee..thee.thee.th...thee....that's all folks!

This would all be so much better if they hadn't won the Cup... Hockey is a business, players are shipped from one team to another without even blinking, it's kinda like sacificing your bishop for their queen. It's all about money. Bottom Line, that's it. If they hadn't won, this wold sting them all that much more, but since they gambled, won and now are losing some key pieces, they aren't that worried. They do have a core signed to build around, if they get the Stanley Cup Neimi, then they're in good shape, but if they get the Neimi that has been throughout his career, they're in trouble. Neimi NOR Huet are Stanley Cup goalies, just played great at the right time. When Neimi returns to his normal form, the "fans" will be calling for his head. (Nah, they'll just be chanting Detroit Sucks, it's hard for them to memorize more than one phrase at a time...)

They should run a promotion in Chicao with Toews' face in a golden ring, saying we won they cup, but thanks the the cap, sorry thee..thee.thee.th...thee....that's all folks!

Um... Niemi was a rookie, he only played 3 games prior to this season. Also, he played pretty much his worst hockey of the season in the playoffs. Finals at least.

Ok

So heres my point, the reason why Chicago dominated wasn't because of a great top 6 and top defensive pairing alone (if that were the case Tampa would have been in the cup running, not the draft lottery), they won it because they had amazing depth in their roster. Guess what Chitown losers, your team lost its greatest strength.

This. I have made the same comparison. Tampa has a great "core" too. So does Anaheim. Perry, Getzlaf, Ryan, Selanne, Niedermeyer, etc. is very comparable to Chicago's few remaining assets. Can name some other teams too. IMO, Chicago's "core" (buzz word) was average in the playoffs. They were good at times, bad at others, and alright most of the time. Toews was about the least deserving Smythe winner of all time, he had a mediocre first series and terrible final, and obviously Hossa was invisible.

What's really going to be hilarious to see next year is when Chicago gets the inevitable injuries. I don't wish injuries upon anyone/team, but I mean in regards to seeing who the heck they are going to get to fill the spots. If the Hawks next year were to have the same kind of injuries WE had last year, how could they possibly fill those roster spots? OHL players?

Not that I think this Chicago fan is going to return to this argument, but how on earth can you think that they are really ok? After 1.5 years of having an elite team they have slunk back to the middle of the pack (possibly worse :cool: )

I still think their goalie situation is in shambles. I don't care that Niemi has a cup, he is still an average goalie at best, with nearly 4GAA in the finals. We all said all year that their goaltending would cost them the cup, sure we wrong, but they won in spite of their goaltending, not because of it, and next year their tandem will be ONE of Niemi/Huet, along with Crawford or another cheap subsitute. So either way their goaltending situation promises to be WORSE than it was last year, and with a weaker defense and far less offensive production to lean back on.

I would trade Flip or Cleary for Bolland in a flat second.

Bolland? Dave Bolland?

Not saying he's a bad player or anything, but you must really dislike Cleary and Flip to be that enthusiastic about it.