• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Guest mindfly

Hawks trade Reasoner to Panthers for Jeff Taffe

Rate this topic

We can laugh all we want.....if the Hawks beat our asses (not impossible) or finish higher in the standings, they'll be the ones laughing.

Ok... Do you think that is going to happen? If the islanders finish higher than us they'll be laughing too, what's your point?

IMO, the Lions have a better chance at winning the Stanley Cup next year than the Hawks do.

We've been one and done in the cap era too so far. Come on bro, you call that guy out for living in 2004 and then try to bring up our old championships from before the lockout but then go on to call them one and done?

We like to take pride in the hockey IQ Wings fans have over other fanbases but I read biased stuff like this all the time on here and it makes me wonder.

Uhh... nowhere did he mention the Wings past championships in that paragraph.

We've been one and done in the cap era too so far. Come on bro, you call that guy out for living in 2004 and then try to bring up our old championships from before the lockout but then go on to call them one and done?

We like to take pride in the hockey IQ Wings fans have over other fanbases but I read biased stuff like this all the time on here and it makes me wonder.

the wings have played in 81 playoff games since the lockout. the next closest is the penguins with 62. that means the wings have played in almost 25% more games than any other team. i think that makes them pretty much top dog when talking about playoff success recently. sure we would all love to have more than 1 cup. but implying that chicago is one and done is really not that absurd. i do think a more accurate statement would be 2 and done since they did have a pretty nice run last year as well. but many fans feel that they won't be capable of getting back to the conference finals. so if their window of getting into the 3rd or 4th round is already closed, then its an applicable statement. sure we may all disagree if it is true, but its certainly debatable and not as absurd as you seem to think.

I don't think by one and done he meant that they would win the Cup next year but merely that they would not likely remain in contention, as a team being favored as likely winning the cup. I understand what you are saying but the Wings have not been one and done since 2004, they have had a legit shot at winning or at least challenging for the Cup each year (yeah they my have been ousted early some years but that is playoff hockey, they were and continue to be a team that is capable and expected to contend for a Cup. That IMO means that they are not "done."

I doubt we'll have any problems with Chicago next season. I'll be surprised if they steal more than one game against us.

Uh they got him back in a trade. They didn't sign him and then ship him off. Huge difference, this happens all the time.

I would be biased too, this is the rivalled Blackhawks we are talking about, the fans who constantly chant "redwings suck". I don't need to do this insane rant for why i believe Hawks may sink or instead be ok. and rather just simply state "hey hawks, your f***ed". It's all a part of being a fan, who doesn't show homerism? How high of an IQ you think all those Hawks fans chanting "redwings suck" have, when technically a semi finals in 2007, a Stanley in 08, goal away for potential Stanley in 09, and a fair outing in 10, would say otherwise. But you think hawk fans could give a f***?

I would be biased too, this is the rivalled Blackhawks we are talking about, the fans who constantly chant "redwings suck". I don't need to do this insane rant for why i believe Hawks may sink or instead be ok. and rather just simply state "hey hawks, your f***ed". It's all a part of being a fan, who doesn't show homerism? How high of an IQ you think all those Hawks fans chanting "redwings suck" have, when technically a semi finals in 2007, a Stanley in 08, goal away for potential Stanley in 09, and a fair outing in 10, would say otherwise. But you think hawk fans could give a f***?

Good post.