• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

titanium2

Teemu Pulkkinen

Rate this topic

I do believe today's game did exactly what I hoped he'd do: end up at a point per game or better. 54 GP 18G 36A 54P if I'm not mistaken.

I kind of want to hibernate until he's a Red Wing; I'm so excited I don't think I can handle waiting another couple years.

I do believe today's game did exactly what I hoped he'd do: end up at a point per game or better. 54 GP 18G 36A 54P if I'm not mistaken.

I kind of want to hibernate until he's a Red Wing; I'm so excited I don't think I can handle waiting another couple years.

Haha I kinda feel the same way! :lol:

What a season the kid is having, incredible!

If he finishes where hes at right now being 4th in scoring he will break the record for SM-liiga, before him the highest a rookie has ever gotten was 6th.

Pulkkinen is not playing tonight against HIFK. He has a nephritis(?) (dunno if that's the correct word; something to do with his kidney anyway) and is staying in a hospital. No idea how long he'll be out.

Nephritis=Urinary tract infection that reached the Kidneys... It sucks, but in any country with decent medical care its a few days of suck and then youre good as new. If his team is still in the playoffs in a week he will be back with them. This isn't horrid, he will recover and be perfectly fine.

Not sure what happened..he had a point per game in all the pre-world championship games, and then he didn't make the final squad. Did he get injured? Or did Finland just decide to go with a more veteran team?

Edit: Just saw that Granlund made the final cut and has been playing for Finland in the WC's...not sure what happened with Pulkkinen.

Edited by WingMan56

Not sure what happened..he had a point per game in all the pre-world championship games, and then he didn't make the final squad. Did he get injured? Or did Finland just decide to go with a more veteran team?

Edit: Just saw that Granlund made the final cut and has been playing for Finland in the WC's...not sure what happened with Pulkkinen.

Didn't make the team. Koivu, Ruutu, Aaltonen, Granlund, Immonen, Pesonen. There's some of the offensive names. Now that I've seen six games of them I think he could've been a better choice than Aaltonen but hindsight is always hindsight.

Didn't make the team. Koivu, Ruutu, Aaltonen, Granlund, Immonen, Pesonen. There's some of the offensive names. Now that I've seen six games of them I think he could've been a better choice than Aaltonen but hindsight is always hindsight.

I guess I don't understand how Granlund, who was injured most of the season, made the team over Teemu. Seems weird.

I guess I don't understand how Granlund, who was injured most of the season, made the team over Teemu. Seems weird.

Granlund carried his team to the championship in the playoffs. He was injured yes, but he proved that he has took yet another step forward from even he's last year's amazing play. It's not all about the stats, it's about the level of play.

I'd say Granlund is one "level" above Pulkkinen in terms of talent. Granlund has abilities what make him different than Teemu. He has always been questioned by the media (too small, too slow etc.) and been challenged when he's going for the next step but he has always made it. Now he has at times dominated in the WC and has been a top3 player for Finland every game.

There have been some issues that Pulkkinen could be a little bit of a perimeter player and shy to take hits and go after a puck in the corners. Granlund is small, but he plays like he's big. He always goes to the dirty areas and wins pucks.

Like I said, I see Granlund being one "level" above Teemu in talent and I doubt it's going to change ever. Mikael has some "natural" qualities which you can already probably notice when you talk to him, but clearly when you see him play.

I love this kid!! I can't wait to see how he builds on this next season. I expect him to be a bit like Nyquist in the NCAA this season, a bit down on the previous season as he received more attention, but he'll be steady and finish strong.