und bin im Wasser verbrannt
Im Wasser verbrannt

#62 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 19 November 2010 - 12:02 AM

A nice article on some SML up and comers with our boy being one of them: NHL.com

Teemu Pulkkinen, LW, Jokerit Helsinki -- Heading into the 2009-10 season, Pulkkinen was considered a likely first-round pick in the 2010 Entry Draft, but injuries (he underwent a pair of surgeries) and inconsistency on the ice pushed him down one round after another.

"When the regular season started, we played bad," Pulkkinen told NHL.com. "We were losing lots of games and then I broke my wrist. I had surgery and they put a pin in my wrist. … (Also) I had (shoulder) surgery four weeks before the (NHL Scouting) Combine."

Pulkkinen, who had undergone knee surgery the previous season, was in danger of being labeled a fragile player. The Detroit Red Wings, an organization with a history of identifying European gems, grabbed Pulkkinen in the fourth round (No. 111). So far this season, the 5-foot-11, 183-pounder has looked like a steal. He's been healthy and very productive, and has started to tap into the potential that had some comparing him to fellow Jokerit product Teemu Selanne during his junior career.

After being limited to a dozen SM-Liiga games last season, Pulkkinen has played all 20 games to date for Jokerit. Still a rookie, the right-shooting sniper has averaged nearly a point per game (8 goals, 11 assists) and has shown no ill effects from the surgeries.

"Teemu can play either wing, but he has a tremendous shot from the off-wing. He's a scorer with skills you can't teach, but he also works hard. Learning the defensive parts of the game, adding strength, these things take time, but he has not looked out of place," said Jokerit general manager Jarmo Kekalainen.

The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#63 seeinred

seeinred

Teemu!

• HoF Booster
  • 7,812 posts

Posted 19 November 2010 - 05:51 PM

A nice article on some SML up and comers with our boy being one of them: NHL.com

Ever since that game he had against the Czechs last WJC, I've wanted the Wings to trade for Vatanen.

And I'm surprised there's no mention of Joel Armia in that article.

Posted Image

Crosby's Bettman Real Doll is going to get quite a workout tonight.

#64 Jusek

Jusek

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,732 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 02:44 PM

Teemu with a nice pass at tonight's game.

http://www.nelonen.f...ideo&vid=112817

@1:50
"I consider the Detroit Red Wings one of the greatest franchises in any sport. For a player to come in and play, it's so special to wear the jersey."
-Steve Yzerman

#65 Finnish Hammer

Finnish Hammer

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 64 posts

Posted 28 November 2010 - 04:50 AM

Been a while since I posted something, good to see others keeping you guys updated.

Jokerit had two home games at the end of the week. Thursday against HPK and TPS on Friday.

Jokerit fired coach Jortikka (about time), former head coach Erkka Westerlund is the new boss.

And he's of to a flying start, two wins 3-0 and 5-0.

Teemu's stats from those to games.

25.11.2010 Jokerit - HPK 0+2 / +2 / 5 shots / 17.49 icetime
26.11.2010 Jokerit - TPS 0+1 / +1 / 8 shots / 16.43 icetime

Totals 25gmp 8+16=24, +9, 128 shots!!!, 6pim, ait 15.58

still playing on the 2nd line with Lahti (15+9) and Kerälä (6+5)

I noticed Teemu is pointless in only 3 games this season.

happy thanksgiving!

FH

#66 Shaman

Shaman

Die hard Red Wing fan and realist.

• Silver Booster
  • 3,840 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 02:51 PM

2 power play goals 27 points in 29 games
Feuer und Wasser kommt nicht zusammen
Kann man nicht binden sind nicht verwandt
In Funken versunken steh ich in Flammen
Im Wasser verbrannt

#67 FinWing

FinWing

Vaasa red & white

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,958 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 06:48 AM

He was also selected to the preliminary group of players for the U20 World Championships. Three goalies, seven defensemen and thirteen forwards will be selected to the final team.

Team Finland

Goalies: (4)
1 Jonathan Iilahti, Blues
19 Samu Perhonen, JYP
30 Sami Aittokallio, Ilves
31 Joni Ortio, TPS

Defensemen: (9)
2 Juha-Pekka Pietilä, Pelicans
3 Jyrki Jokipakka, Ilves
4 Tommi Kivistö, Jokerit
5 Nico Manelius, Jokerit
7 Jani Hakanpää, Blues
8 Rasmus Rissanen, Everett Silvertips
9 Sami Vatanen, JYP
15 Olli Määttä, JYP
23 Jesse Virtanen, Lukko

Forwards: (15)
6 Teemu Pulkkinen, Jokerit
10 Erik Haula, University of Minnesota
11 Miikka Salomäki, Kärpät
13 Julius Junttila, Kärpät
16 Henri Tuominen, Ilves
18 Iiro Pakarinen, KalPa
20 Joel Armia, Ässät
21 Valtteri Virkkunen, Blues
22 Mikael Granlund, HIFK
24 Teemu Tallberg, HIFK
25 Toni Rajala, Ilves
26 Mika Partanen, Mississauga
27 Joonas Donskoi, Kärpät
28 Jaakko Turtiainen, HPK
29 Joonas Nättinen, Blues
Thank You TeeMan

#68 seeinred

seeinred

Teemu!

• HoF Booster
  • 7,812 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 06:35 AM

I'd say he's a shoo-in for the final roster. Hopefully Armia makes it, I need to check that kid out. Why no Markus Granlund though? Next year for sure, right?

Posted Image

#69 Finnish Hammer

Finnish Hammer

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 64 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 02:17 PM

Jokerit won 3-2 tonight away against Kalpa

Pulkkinen witn an assist to the game winning goal.

4 shots, +1, 2pim (for roughing :rolleyes: ) 16:16 icetime

30gmp 10+18=28 pts, +10, 10pims, 145shots, 16:04 average ice time

And yes, he will make the team for WJC.

FH

#70 FinWing

FinWing

Vaasa red & white

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,958 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 03:58 PM

I'd say he's a shoo-in for the final roster. Hopefully Armia makes it, I need to check that kid out. Why no Markus Granlund though? Next year for sure, right?

Yeah Teemu is bound to make it and I would think Armia too. Maybe they still see Markus as a work in progress, next year he'll probably be in. Although he has already played for HIFK in FEL while his brother has been injured and hasn't looked out of place.
Thank You TeeMan

#71 Finnish Hammer

Finnish Hammer

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 64 posts

Posted 11 December 2010 - 02:56 PM

Tonight assisted on a game winning goal again 2-1 to Jokerit@Saipa

0+1, +2, 5shots, 15:51 icetime

FH

#72 seeinred

seeinred

Teemu!

• HoF Booster
  • 7,812 posts

Posted 11 December 2010 - 03:41 PM

That's:

31 games,
10G
19A
29 pts

7PPG
2 GWG

+12

T-3 for PPG
T-7 overall in assists
T-7 in points
11th in +/-
T-22 in goals (3 behind wonderboy Armia)

Assuming my Finnish is up to par :ph34r:

Posted Image

#73 Shaman

Shaman

• Silver Booster
  • 3,840 posts

Posted 11 December 2010 - 04:51 PM

He is also running away with the lead for points among rookies by 10 points.
Im Wasser verbrannt

#74 Aussie_Wing

Aussie_Wing

Mursak

• Bronze Booster
  • 8,550 posts

Posted 11 December 2010 - 11:58 PM

Got to be careful not to get too excited! It's hard though, this kid is a gem!! :clap:

Ken Holland: He’s (Mursak) a young guy, provides energy, can skate, he’s a puck hound.

#75 Cevari

Cevari

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 325 posts

Posted 12 December 2010 - 06:33 AM

Interesting fact: at the pace he has been scoring so far Pulkkinen would be on pace to break the all-time record on points for a rookie in the FEL. The previous owner of the title is none other than a certain other Teemu you may have heard of once or twice, two seasons before he came to the NHL and put up 132 points and 76 goals in his rookie season. It should be mentioned though that when Selänne played in Finland the regular season was 14 games shorter.

#76 Shaman

Shaman

• Silver Booster
  • 3,840 posts

Posted 12 December 2010 - 03:28 PM

Interesting fact: at the pace he has been scoring so far Pulkkinen would be on pace to break the all-time record on points for a rookie in the FEL. The previous owner of the title is none other than a certain other Teemu you may have heard of once or twice, two seasons before he came to the NHL and put up 132 points and 76 goals in his rookie season. It should be mentioned though that when Selänne played in Finland the regular season was 14 games shorter.

The game was different back then also, from what I've heard from Finnish fans, the goalies weren't as good as they are today. Take it for what you want.
Im Wasser verbrannt

#77 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 12 December 2010 - 05:23 PM

The game was different back then also, from what I've heard from Finnish fans, the goalies weren't as good as they are today. Take it for what you want.

That can be said for nearly ever league in hockey. Remember, it was only a couple decades ago where goalies still played primarily stand-up and shots from outside the blue line would go in on a consistent basis.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#78 Shaman

Shaman

• Silver Booster
  • 3,840 posts

Posted 12 December 2010 - 05:28 PM

That can be said for nearly ever league in hockey. Remember, it was only a couple decades ago where goalies still played primarily stand-up and shots from outside the blue line would go in on a consistent basis.

my point exactly, so its hard to use point totals from the late 70s to the early 90s as a bench mark against which to set today's players.
Im Wasser verbrannt

#79 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 12 December 2010 - 05:30 PM

my point exactly, so its hard to use point totals from the late 70s to the early 90s as a bench mark against which to set today's players.

Plus, they play more games a season as well.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank

#80 Finnish Hammer

Finnish Hammer

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 64 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 09:12 PM

Teemu returned to lineup tonight against HIFK.

assisted 2 powerplay goals including gamewinner at overtime. (which was a lucky bounce off the backboards, after a poor shot by him)

so 0+2, 7 shots, 17:01 icetime

I think he was the best player on the ice tonight.(for Jokerit of course, dont pay much attention to enemys players)
Granlund returned too after two months out, and that showed (ok I got caught, i watched him little bit closely :rolleyes:)
edit: my bad it was granlunds 5th game back after injury, as I said dont follow other teams that much...

Edited by Finnish Hammer, 11 January 2011 - 09:14 PM.