• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

titanium2

Teemu Pulkkinen

Rate this topic

I really want to see this kid in GR in two years to see how his game adjusts to the NA style, I've got to say, other than those already in the system (Smith and Tatar), Pulkkinen and Nyquist are the two prospects I am most excited about... I still feel really good about Sheahan too...

I really want to see this kid in GR in two years to see how his game adjusts to the NA style, I've got to say, other than those already in the system (Smith and Tatar), Pulkkinen and Nyquist are the two prospects I am most excited about... I still feel really good about Sheahan too...

This kid and a couple others (Ironhook, Jurco, Tatar) are the Wings top 6 future. Can't wait to see them in the winged wheel.

2010_NHLE_1.JPG

Adjusted stats from their respective leagues to the NHL. Teemu is 6th, Jarnkrok is 12th overall. The draft rank next to them is their position among all other forwards drafted. Pretty damn good for a guy drafted 70th among forwards, and 111th overall.

Corey Pronman from HockeyProspectus.com just came out with his top 10 Wings' prospects...

1. Gustav Nyquist, Right Wing

2. Tomas Tatar, Left Wing

3. Calle Jarnkrok, Center

4. Brendan Smith, Defense

5. Adam Almqvist, Defense

6. Teemu Pulkkinen, Right Wing

7. Riley Sheahan, Center

8. Tomas Jurco, Right Wing*

9. Alexei Marchenko, Defense

10. Jan Mursak, Right Wing

6. Teemu Pulkkinen, Right Wing

Date of birth: 01/02/1992

Height: 5'11''

Weight: 183

Shoots: Right

Statistics: 55 GP, 18 G, 54 P (Jokerit-SM-Liiga)

Acquired: Fourth round, 111th overall in 2010 by Detroit

The Good: Pulkkinen is a very skilled winger who may be one of the most dangerous power play options in the prospect world. He has an elite level shot and his blasts could scare the life out of anyone who tries to block it. Pulkkinen is also blessed with plus puck skills and vision which makes him a threat when he gets the puck on his stick. He can make quick, subtle moves to evade pursuit and can also show a top-level deke if needed. He's a great distributor who can make very impressive passes and his ability to see the ice is as top-level as they come. Pulkkinen has also shown a conscious effort this season to start engaging more in the corners. When his team sets up in the offensive zone or on the power play, he's as good as it gets.

The Bad: Pulkkinen is a puny player who looks very small on the ice and can be easily rubbed off pucks. His straight line speed is ok, but the skating as a whole is below-average and poor for a sub-6'0" forward and he has a bit of a knock kneed stride. His defensive game is very poor as well.

Projection: An above-average scoring second line forward ceiling who needs coaching protection and if he doesn't crack a top six, he likely doesn't play in the league.

---

This sums up my thoughts on Pulkkinen pretty well. Small, below-average skater who has elite offensive potential. The size/skating factor will prevent him from being a 1st line forward and maybe from even making the NHL at all.

Edited by hockey23

Corey Pronman from HockeyProspectus.com just came out with his top 10 Wings' prospects...

This sums up my thoughts on Pulkkinen pretty well. Small, below-average skater who has elite offensive potential. The size/skating factor will prevent him from being a 1st line forward and maybe from even making the NHL at all.

Size and speed are overrated, see Dats and Z for examples of what elite vision and ability can do in a frame that is under 1,85cm.

I read from HFBoards that Pulkkinen, Mattias Bäckman and Marek Tvrdon will participate to the Lake Placid U20 tournament which starts on Monday (8th of August). I hope somewhere would be some streams of it.

I read from HFBoards that Pulkkinen, Mattias Bäckman and Marek Tvrdon will participate to the Lake Placid U20 tournament which starts on Monday (8th of August). I hope somewhere would be some streams of it.

There could also be more guys playing in the U20 tourney, that's just all the limited info we could all find.

Hello everyone,

Summer is almost over (atleast here in Finland) and Finnish League starts in about 3 weeks time.

For preseason games Jokerit are playing in the European trophy this year also.

Here are Teemus stats from this years competition:

GP 4 / G 2 / A 1 / PTS 3 / PIM 0

Jokerit have played 5 games(W3 T0 L2, GF-GA 15-14)and are 2nd in their group at the moment (2 teams from each group advance to the final tournament)

They play tonight against HC Sparta Praha in Czech republic.

Other guys stats who some of you may have some interest in.

Ilari Filppula

GP 5 / G 3 / A 6 / PTS 9 / PIM 0 (scoring leader)

Ben "Patricks brother" Eaves

GP 5 / G 4 / A 3 / PTS 7 / PIM 2 (4th in scoring)

edit: they both play in Jokerit also if that was unclear to some of you...

Finnish League starts at September 15th.

Cheers,

FH

Edited by Finnish Hammer

Jokerit - HC Slovan Bratislava 7-2

TP scored (1-0) powerplay goal in the 1st.

I.Filppula 0+3

B.Eaves 1+2

Jokerit won their division and are going to the final tournamaent.

Filppula & Eaves are scoring leaders with 12 & 11 points.

Teemu has 4+3 in 7 games.

Pulkkinen today: 2 goals, 1 assist, 7 shots, +1, 2 pim, 14.56 minutes of ice time. His team (Jokerit) won 6-0.

:thumbup:

Edit. His first goal was a beautiful snapper and the second one the holy slapper on power play. :cool:

Edited by Jusek

1+1 today. 4 games, 3 goals, 2 assists. :thumbup:

Here's the description of the goal and an assist from HFBoards:

The goal was the opening one, a little bit "Ovechkin-type" goal as he came down the left wing and took a snap shot which somehow found itself in the net. Definitely some luck there but as the wise men say, you won't score if you don't shoot winky.gif Assist was at the end of the game, he got a pass straight in front of the goal but was in a bad position and couldn't finish the shot so he grabbed the puck and passed it to the far post where the ever so slick-handed Jarkko Ruutu finished it off in the empty net.
Edited by Jusek

Scored today. Now he has 7 goals and 7 assists over 18 games.

Teams are paying a whole hell of a lot more attention to him now, and he seems to be missing his SML leading goal scorer from last season. I know it's uncommon for really young players to be a point per game player in the FInnish league, but I'd like to see him pick up his production some.

Pulkkinen with 1+2 at the U-20 tournament game against Russia. Finland won 3-1 and Teemu's goal was a GWG and of course the holy slapper!

You can watch Finland's goals from here:

http://www.leijonat....-venaejaen.html

Today he scored a hat trick against Czech Republic! All of his goals were power play goals (holy slappers, I believe). Finland won 5-2. :thumbup:

Edited by Jusek