• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
titanium2

Calle Jarnkrok

Rate this topic

from a Dobberhockey rambling back in august:

Detroit prospect Calle Jarnkrok excites me a lot. He's probably NHL ready now, but of course the Wings won't rush him. Tatar, Nyqvist, Mursak, and Pulkkinen are all good prospects, but Jarnkrok has the highest upside of the group. Detroit hasn't drafted/developed an elite forward since Franzen in 2004 (if you consider him elite, definitely in the playoffs). I am hoping to nab him with one of my picks at my draf this summer in Vegas, but I know most of my competition reads this site so I may be out of luck (looking at you, Rhys).

WOW, Jarnkrok just worked his ass off to get the puck and fight into the zone with an empty net, cycled it by himself in the corner than watched his pass go to the point and shot into a dman in front where the rebound was put in to put the game away. Then he was put in the Penalty box for some reason... Who knows why. Goal counted though.

It was hard to figure out who was Jarnkrok on this s***ty internet feed, but when I saw him he looked good.

He just recently won the Swedish Elite League playoff cup, with his team Brynäs IF in a game series against Skellefteå AIK that ended 4-2 to Brynäs.

Skellefteå AIK is my home team so i've watched all the playoff games against Brynäs and i think i've seen all the regular season games as well.

Järnkrok is very skilled, he can play as on the wing and in the PP-lineup he's a defensmen (Point) "controling" or "stearing"(You know what i mean) the play with is great hockey sense.

Good puckcontroll ,stickhandling and that sort of stuff, good speed and movement in all the zones.

BUT! I think it would take 2-3 years before he gets the chance in NHL. He is really weak, and he dives, ALOT. He whines a lot at the LinesMen and he is pretty afraid to go in to physical traffic. He is just a real p***y and i dont think i can handle the tough North American hockey in NHL or AHL. He have to spend more time eating and more time at the gym!

But he got potential, and i hope i will see him in my favorite team (besides Skellefte AIK) Detroit Red Wings in a cuple of years!

P.S if anyone wants to know anything a bout any Swedish Elite League player, just ask!

Sorry for bad my English, native language is Swedish!

Edited by Marxx71

He was thrown to the ice four times in one shift. That wasn't very impressive.

That's why he's not in the NHL. He's 165 pounds I've read. He has quite a bit of weight to gain so I think we see him at the end of the next season at the earliest but that's a longshot. Two summers of natural growth, weights and a lot of steak and ice cream and we should see 200 pound Jarnkrok is 2013-14

That's why he's not in the NHL. He's 165 pounds I've read. He has quite a bit of weight to gain so I think we see him at the end of the next season at the earliest but that's a longshot. Two summers of natural growth, weights and a lot of steak and ice cream and we should see 200 pound Jarnkrok is 2013-14

That's not accurate at all. He's more around the low 180s last I hear.

You always hate to hear that such a top prospect whines and dives but hopefully in his case it's just youthful energy/enthusiasm that he'll learn to manage better when he gets his shot to make it big.

I'm hoping for a cross between Zetterberg, Nicklas Backstrom, Daniel Briere and Claude Giroux.

What are your thoughts on...

Mattias Backman

Adam Almqvist

Dick Axelsson (Should Wings fans give up on him once and for all?)

I seen one of the swedes champs playing for Ottawa last night.I gave up on Axelsson a couple years ago.Happy to see Adam in GD.I think Mattias is a winner and can't wait till he gets hear-new blood with talent!!!!!!!

gold.jpg

which one calle?

What are your thoughts on...

Mattias Backman

Adam Almqvist

Dick Axelsson (Should Wings fans give up on him once and for all?)

First About Dick Axelsson..

He WAS a really great player, but the latest season in MODO he was really bad.

He has one great hockey-mind, good shoot, pretty good skating, but his pyshics is terrible.

He pretty lazy and doesent work hard at all. He is also a bit un-serious when he plays.

I think that Axelsson needs to get a bit of a challange. Something to work for, and a good traning program.

I think he can be a 1st-line player in the SEL again, but NHL? Im sorry to say but i dont really think so.

Mattias Bäckmans Linköping had a hard time in the SEL and dint make the playoffs.

But i thinks he got potential, he plays simple in his own zone, and can even make some points:)

Sorry for the late anwser, didnt see your post...

Edited by Marxx71