• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
titanium2

Riley Sheahan

Rate this topic

I don't understand how he was cut, he dominated in the camp, scoring 5 points in 3 games and playing solidly defensively. TSN said he looked very good, and likely to make the team. I am very sad that he will not be on Canada's roster, I was really looking forward to seeing him play.

Just another reason to cheer for the USA, since Callahan made that team.

I won't be cheering for USA in any way shape or form but I will be cheering for Callahan whenever he isn't playing Canada. We'll get to see how rough this guy really plays.

I'm not gonna lie I wouldn't mind seeing a minor injury that results in Sheahan getting called back to team Canada

I won't be cheering for USA in any way shape or form but I will be cheering for Callahan whenever he isn't playing Canada. We'll get to see how rough this guy really plays.

I'm not gonna lie I wouldn't mind seeing a minor injury that results in Sheahan getting called back to team Canada

Same here :P

I then wouldn't mind if he just had to stay at Notre Dame for some weird reason. Perhaps a polite way to tell them to go f*** themselves.

I mean, seriously, why even hold a camp if you've already decided the team roster?

I then wouldn't mind if he just had to stay at Notre Dame for some weird reason. Perhaps a polite way to tell them to go f*** themselves.

I mean, seriously, why even hold a camp if you've already decided the team roster?

Not to mention, the coaches never gave him a reason as to why they were sending him home. Classless.

Given his camp he should've been on that team but he hasn't scored a goal all year is the problem. They probably had a lot of spots picked but had some minor things to decide. He shoulda been on the roster though, even as the 13th over someone like Carter Ashton.

Oh well maybe this makes him realize he needs to put some pucks in the net now which wouldn't be too bad either. He's huge btw did you see the highlights of the games? His shoulders are broad as hell and hes pretty damn tall. Built like a true power forward

10 points in 10 games since the world junior camp, it must have helped his confidence, he is only 2 points off last years total.

We may complain that he doesnt produce much, but he has shown an improvement which is something to be happy about

For everyone who is down on Sheahans production this year I found this little bit of info helpful.

He is producing at pretty much the same rate as Nelson, Coyle, Kevin Hayes, etc. All the powerforward types who were drafted around the same time in the NCAA are puttingup similar numbers while being behind Sheahan defensively.

Howden is putting up sick numbers against guys his age and younger so its hard to compare for a few years. Until then though Sheahan is looking like apick then all the other NCAA powerforwards taken

After missing the first 2 games of the regular season Sheahan has came out with 2 points in each of the last 2 games played for 4 points.

Hes picked up right where he left off last season scoring wise, hopefully it keeps up all season

Too bad fighting isn't allowed in the NCAA, because I think a lot more people would be excited about Sheahan since he seems like quite the scrapper, or at leats he was before ND.

Too bad fighting isn't allowed in the NCAA, because I think a lot more people would be excited about Sheahan since he seems like quite the scrapper, or at leats he was before ND.

Yeah, I dont how much of a scrapper he is but he said he wont think twice about jumping in for a teammate and has pins in his hand from a hockey fight gone bad. I could see him adding this element more to his game trying to make the NHL.

That being said hes definitely been in a few cause hes listed as having a few games with 5 pims back in jr B.

Maybe he can be the next Shanahan. I'd sure like to see a Shanahan 2.0 on the Wings. It's way too early to tell though.

I dont think he'll be that good. Im thinking we're realistically looking at a second or third line physical center who will drop the gloves if he must.

Hes already 6'2, 212 lbs so he has the size to do some damage. Hopefully he uses that size more than Franzen

I get more excited about this kid by the day. He's massive, he skates well, he's good defensively, at worst I see him being a 4th line, shutdown centre in the NHL. At best he's a 2nd line centre who is very tough to score against when his line is on the ice.

I think he does have good hands, and he does drive to the net, I think his offensve game will take a long time to develop, but when it does, watch out. :thumbup:

I get more excited about this kid by the day. He's massive, he skates well, he's good defensively, at worst I see him being a 4th line, shutdown centre in the NHL. At best he's a 2nd line centre who is very tough to score against when his line is on the ice.

I think he does have good hands, and he does drive to the net, I think his offensve game will take a long time to develop, but when it does, watch out. :thumbup:

I agree with what you say, his hands will come along eventually. Power forwards usually take longer to develop, look at Abby, he is really starting to find his stride.

Shanahan? We gotta temper that comparison a little bit. Right now the safe bet for him is 4th line center, which is a far, far cry from franchise power forward.

Agreed. A better comparison might be something along the lines of a tougher Jordan Staal. Somewhere in that range is what I'm hoping for. Hes probably going to be somewhat like a Filppula if I had to guess.

AN alright 2nd liner or a really good third line center that has good defense. Obviously their styles are completely different but same effectiveness.

I could see Sheahan with his size upping the scrappiness and physicality of his game once he goes pro to make him stand out to the wings brass.

Sheahans hot streak continues with his first gino of the season on a blast from the stammer position on the PP :thumbup:

Hes tied for third on his team in scoring with 5 in three games. If he keeps up the pace hes had the last bit of last season and carries on his start to this season he could really challenge for a spot in the wings top 3 or 4 prospects. I think Smith, Nike and Tatar are set in stone as higher rated for now but he could definnitely become more highly rated than Jarnkrok, Pulu etc

Edited by newfy

Sheahans hot streak continues with his first gino of the season on a blast from the stammer position on the PP :thumbup:

Hes tied for third on his team in scoring with 5 in three games. If he keeps up the pace hes had the last bit of last season and carries on his start to this season he could really challenge for a spot in the wings top 3 or 4 prospects. I think Smith, Nike and Tatar are set in stone as higher rated for now but he could definnitely become more highly rated than Jarnkrok, Pulu etc

The only thing I disagree with is that he could be higher than Iron Hook. Iron hook is a damn complete player. But then again, if i needed to throw either Sheahan or Jarnkrok on a Red Wing line today, i'd go with Sheahan. It's like what i said last season, Sheahan and Nyquist could play right now and not be out of place.

The only thing I disagree with is that he could be higher than Iron Hook. Iron hook is a damn complete player. But then again, if i needed to throw either Sheahan or Jarnkrok on a Red Wing line today, i'd go with Sheahan. It's like what i said last season, Sheahan and Nyquist could play right now and not be out of place.

He could very well be right up there with him though. Theres a reason Sheahan was ranked top 5 at one point.

If his offense comes around, we could be looking at a scary player here. Like a 50 point Justin Abdelkader would be pretty nice ad realistic actually