• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#21 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,333 posts

Posted 12 December 2010 - 05:32 PM

Watched the special on TSN about the world junior team and what Bob Mackenzie was saying about the centers had me liking his chances. Canada wants all of their centerman to be big (6'2 204 is pretty big) and very strong defensively. Both of those describe Sheahan to a tee. If he can go to camp and show he has some offense and the only reason he's not producing is the system he's playing in then he should be able to be the 4th line centerman.

He really is a wild carrd because of playing in the NCAA. His production isnt indicative of what he can do against people his own age. He would be the guy to center a shut down line from a pure defensive stand point because he is the best defensive center invited to camp

Well that's good. The only reason I don't see him making it would be because he would either be on the fourth line or a reserve forward.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#22 newfy

newfy

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 13 December 2010 - 05:45 PM

Sounds to me like Sheahan must have had a good day at the first try out game for team Canada. An article on TSN said he provoked a turnover shortly after a penalty kill that led to his linemate Foligno scoring a goal. Foligno had 2 goals and the article raved about how good he was playing so I cant help but think Sheahan looked pretty good too.

Sheahan was also on the penalty kill it said in the article which sounds pretty promising

RIP BOB PROBERT #24

#23 rick zombo

rick zombo

Grit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,143 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 09:48 AM

Sounds to me like Sheahan must have had a good day at the first try out game for team Canada. An article on TSN said he provoked a turnover shortly after a penalty kill that led to his linemate Foligno scoring a goal. Foligno had 2 goals and the article raved about how good he was playing so I cant help but think Sheahan looked pretty good too.

Sheahan was also on the penalty kill it said in the article which sounds pretty promising

He made it through yesterday's round of cuts. Final 4 forwards to be cut tomorrow. *Fingers crossed*

Also, wasn't Helm the last Wing to play at the WJC for Canada?
"In Detroit, every day is a good day to win"

#24 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,333 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 02:13 PM

He made it through yesterday's round of cuts. Final 4 forwards to be cut tomorrow. *Fingers crossed*

Also, wasn't Helm the last Wing to play at the WJC for Canada?

Shawn Matthias might have still been Red Wing property when he played a couple years ago?
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#25 rick zombo

rick zombo

Grit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,143 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 02:48 PM

Shawn Matthias might have still been Red Wing property when he played a couple years ago?

I believe this actually got sorted out in another thread. Logan Pyett (07-08) was the last Wing to play for Canada at the WJC. Matthias was Florida property when he played.
"In Detroit, every day is a good day to win"

#26 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,333 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 01:05 PM

Well, Sheahan was cut :(
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank

#27 under_par_00

under_par_00

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 864 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 10:25 PM

I don't understand how he was cut, he dominated in the camp, scoring 5 points in 3 games and playing solidly defensively. TSN said he looked very good, and likely to make the team. I am very sad that he will not be on Canada's roster, I was really looking forward to seeing him play.

#28 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,333 posts

Posted 16 December 2010 - 03:03 AM

Just another reason to cheer for the USA, since Callahan made that team.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank

#29 newfy

newfy

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 16 December 2010 - 01:51 PM

Just another reason to cheer for the USA, since Callahan made that team.

I won't be cheering for USA in any way shape or form but I will be cheering for Callahan whenever he isn't playing Canada. We'll get to see how rough this guy really plays.

I'm not gonna lie I wouldn't mind seeing a minor injury that results in Sheahan getting called back to team Canada

RIP BOB PROBERT #24

#30 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,333 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 12:15 AM

I won't be cheering for USA in any way shape or form but I will be cheering for Callahan whenever he isn't playing Canada. We'll get to see how rough this guy really plays.

I'm not gonna lie I wouldn't mind seeing a minor injury that results in Sheahan getting called back to team Canada

Same here :P
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank

#31 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 01:49 AM

I then wouldn't mind if he just had to stay at Notre Dame for some weird reason. Perhaps a polite way to tell them to go f*** themselves.

I mean, seriously, why even hold a camp if you've already decided the team roster?

#32 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,333 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 02:03 AM

I then wouldn't mind if he just had to stay at Notre Dame for some weird reason. Perhaps a polite way to tell them to go f*** themselves.

I mean, seriously, why even hold a camp if you've already decided the team roster?

Not to mention, the coaches never gave him a reason as to why they were sending him home. Classless.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank

#33 newfy

newfy

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 11:36 AM

Given his camp he should've been on that team but he hasn't scored a goal all year is the problem. They probably had a lot of spots picked but had some minor things to decide. He shoulda been on the roster though, even as the 13th over someone like Carter Ashton.

Oh well maybe this makes him realize he needs to put some pucks in the net now which wouldn't be too bad either. He's huge btw did you see the highlights of the games? His shoulders are broad as hell and hes pretty damn tall. Built like a true power forward

RIP BOB PROBERT #24

#34 newfy

newfy

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 03:41 PM

10 points in 10 games since the world junior camp, it must have helped his confidence, he is only 2 points off last years total.

We may complain that he doesnt produce much, but he has shown an improvement which is something to be happy about

RIP BOB PROBERT #24

#35 newfy

newfy

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 14 March 2011 - 10:44 AM

Scored a goal in their series clinching game the other night, came down the wing and sniped one short side.

Hes playing at the Joe Friday night vs Miami

RIP BOB PROBERT #24

#36 newfy

newfy

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 24 March 2011 - 02:30 PM

For everyone who is down on Sheahans production this year I found this little bit of info helpful.

He is producing at pretty much the same rate as Nelson, Coyle, Kevin Hayes, etc. All the powerforward types who were drafted around the same time in the NCAA are puttingup similar numbers while being behind Sheahan defensively.

Howden is putting up sick numbers against guys his age and younger so its hard to compare for a few years. Until then though Sheahan is looking like apick then all the other NCAA powerforwards taken

RIP BOB PROBERT #24

#37 newfy

newfy

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 04:17 PM

After missing the first 2 games of the regular season Sheahan has came out with 2 points in each of the last 2 games played for 4 points.

Hes picked up right where he left off last season scoring wise, hopefully it keeps up all season

RIP BOB PROBERT #24

#38 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,333 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 04:53 PM

After missing the first 2 games of the regular season Sheahan has came out with 2 points in each of the last 2 games played for 4 points.

Hes picked up right where he left off last season scoring wise, hopefully it keeps up all season

Too bad fighting isn't allowed in the NCAA, because I think a lot more people would be excited about Sheahan since he seems like quite the scrapper, or at leats he was before ND.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank

#39 ElCapitan

ElCapitan

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 11:17 AM

Maybe he can be the next Shanahan. I'd sure like to see a Shanahan 2.0 on the Wings. It's way too early to tell though.

#40 newfy

newfy

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 04:01 PM

Too bad fighting isn't allowed in the NCAA, because I think a lot more people would be excited about Sheahan since he seems like quite the scrapper, or at leats he was before ND.

Yeah, I dont how much of a scrapper he is but he said he wont think twice about jumping in for a teammate and has pins in his hand from a hockey fight gone bad. I could see him adding this element more to his game trying to make the NHL.

That being said hes definitely been in a few cause hes listed as having a few games with 5 pims back in jr B.

Maybe he can be the next Shanahan. I'd sure like to see a Shanahan 2.0 on the Wings. It's way too early to tell though.

I dont think he'll be that good. Im thinking we're realistically looking at a second or third line physical center who will drop the gloves if he must.

Hes already 6'2, 212 lbs so he has the size to do some damage. Hopefully he uses that size more than Franzen

RIP BOB PROBERT #24