• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#41 Aussie_Wing

Aussie_Wing

Mursak

• Bronze Booster
  • 8,550 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 08:23 AM

I get more excited about this kid by the day. He's massive, he skates well, he's good defensively, at worst I see him being a 4th line, shutdown centre in the NHL. At best he's a 2nd line centre who is very tough to score against when his line is on the ice.

I think he does have good hands, and he does drive to the net, I think his offensve game will take a long time to develop, but when it does, watch out. :thumbup:

Ken Holland: Hes (Mursak) a young guy, provides energy, can skate, hes a puck hound.

#42 redwingfan19

redwingfan19

On a mission

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,523 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 12:36 PM

I get more excited about this kid by the day. He's massive, he skates well, he's good defensively, at worst I see him being a 4th line, shutdown centre in the NHL. At best he's a 2nd line centre who is very tough to score against when his line is on the ice.

I think he does have good hands, and he does drive to the net, I think his offensve game will take a long time to develop, but when it does, watch out. :thumbup:

I agree with what you say, his hands will come along eventually. Power forwards usually take longer to develop, look at Abby, he is really starting to find his stride.
You may not like tough hockey, but it's winning hockey.

Mitch Callahan: 48GP, 6G, 3A, 9PTS,+/- -3, 103PIMS

14 Fighting Majors

#43 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

This is how I watch Wings games

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 01:58 PM

Shanahan? We gotta temper that comparison a little bit. Right now the safe bet for him is 4th line center, which is a far, far cry from franchise power forward.

#44 newfy

newfy

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 02:21 PM

Shanahan? We gotta temper that comparison a little bit. Right now the safe bet for him is 4th line center, which is a far, far cry from franchise power forward.

Agreed. A better comparison might be something along the lines of a tougher Jordan Staal. Somewhere in that range is what I'm hoping for. Hes probably going to be somewhat like a Filppula if I had to guess.

AN alright 2nd liner or a really good third line center that has good defense. Obviously their styles are completely different but same effectiveness.

I could see Sheahan with his size upping the scrappiness and physicality of his game once he goes pro to make him stand out to the wings brass.

RIP BOB PROBERT #24

#45 newfy

newfy

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 22 October 2011 - 11:55 AM

Sheahans hot streak continues with his first gino of the season on a blast from the stammer position on the PP :thumbup:

Hes tied for third on his team in scoring with 5 in three games. If he keeps up the pace hes had the last bit of last season and carries on his start to this season he could really challenge for a spot in the wings top 3 or 4 prospects. I think Smith, Nike and Tatar are set in stone as higher rated for now but he could definnitely become more highly rated than Jarnkrok, Pulu etc

Edited by newfy, 22 October 2011 - 12:00 PM.

RIP BOB PROBERT #24

#46 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,339 posts

Posted 22 October 2011 - 12:43 PM

Sheahans hot streak continues with his first gino of the season on a blast from the stammer position on the PP :thumbup:

Hes tied for third on his team in scoring with 5 in three games. If he keeps up the pace hes had the last bit of last season and carries on his start to this season he could really challenge for a spot in the wings top 3 or 4 prospects. I think Smith, Nike and Tatar are set in stone as higher rated for now but he could definnitely become more highly rated than Jarnkrok, Pulu etc

The only thing I disagree with is that he could be higher than Iron Hook. Iron hook is a damn complete player. But then again, if i needed to throw either Sheahan or Jarnkrok on a Red Wing line today, i'd go with Sheahan. It's like what i said last season, Sheahan and Nyquist could play right now and not be out of place.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#47 newfy

newfy

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 22 October 2011 - 02:48 PM

The only thing I disagree with is that he could be higher than Iron Hook. Iron hook is a damn complete player. But then again, if i needed to throw either Sheahan or Jarnkrok on a Red Wing line today, i'd go with Sheahan. It's like what i said last season, Sheahan and Nyquist could play right now and not be out of place.

He could very well be right up there with him though. Theres a reason Sheahan was ranked top 5 at one point.

If his offense comes around, we could be looking at a scary player here. Like a 50 point Justin Abdelkader would be pretty nice ad realistic actually

RIP BOB PROBERT #24

#48 Aussie_Wing

Aussie_Wing

Mursak

• Bronze Booster
  • 8,550 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 10:16 PM

Goal and assist for Sheahan tonight, so hes up to 10 points in 8 games.

Get excited.

Ken Holland: Hes (Mursak) a young guy, provides energy, can skate, hes a puck hound.

#49 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,339 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 05:31 PM

Goal and assist for Sheahan tonight, so he's up to 10 points in 8 games.

Get excited.

Newfy and I have been for well over a year now :P. Where the front door is Titanium?
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#50 Toefuzz

Toefuzz

3rd Line Checker

• Gold Booster
  • 464 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 09:36 PM

Picked up season tickets to Notre Dame this year and have been impressed thus far

#51 Toefuzz

Toefuzz

3rd Line Checker

• Gold Booster
  • 464 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 08:34 PM

Sheahan with two goals so far tonight, 4 minutes left in the 2nd. First was a slapshot from the point on a PP. 2nd was just being in the right spot, goalie couldn't find the puck in the crease, basically an empty netter from 6" out.

#52 newfy

newfy

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 12:58 PM

Sheahan with two goals so far tonight, 4 minutes left in the 2nd. First was a slapshot from the point on a PP. 2nd was just being in the right spot, goalie couldn't find the puck in the crease, basically an empty netter from 6" out.

Would you mind giving a comparison as to what he plays like?

How physical is he? ANd wat do you think he'll do in the NHL?

RIP BOB PROBERT #24

#53 hockey23

hockey23

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 09:38 PM

Sheahan just destroyed some guy from Western. They called a 5 and a game for contact to the head but ended up giving the penalty to the wrong guy. It was a bit of a blindside but I thought he got him shoulder to shoulder. I loved the hit though, he looks huge out there and uses his size to his advantage.

#54 newfy

newfy

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 03:26 PM

Sheahan just destroyed some guy from Western. They called a 5 and a game for contact to the head but ended up giving the penalty to the wrong guy. It was a bit of a blindside but I thought he got him shoulder to shoulder. I loved the hit though, he looks huge out there and uses his size to his advantage.

:yowza:

Me likey.

:clap: Would you say he plays pretty physical or just one lucky hit?

RIP BOB PROBERT #24

#55 hockey23

hockey23

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 06:15 PM

:yowza:

Me likey.

:clap: Would you say he plays pretty physical or just one lucky hit?

He plays physical pretty much all the time I watch him, but I haven't seen the big hits. His physicality is more of him manhandling people in the corners than laying Kronwall-type hits. The hit the other night was a big open ice hit though, probably the first real big hit I've seen from him. It looked like he went into the corner with that Dekeyser kid (who I thought looked pretty good) just before and got a little pissed and then took it out on some poor kid.

#56 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 06:38 AM

I still say he should be our first prospect traded for improving the team. Him or Ferraro.
"It is a lot easier to be an ******* to words than to people"-xkcd

Tootoo does NOT belong on this team. He is classless and I would rather see the Wings be bad than classless. I feel the same way about Bertuzzi as well, but he at least CAN make the team better. With Tootoo the team becomes worse and in danger of being classless. Would you have liked Claude on the team? Or Roy? No. So why would you be okay with that POS.

This thread has been closed due to emotions being higher than people's ability to read, interpret, and properly respond to simple posts.

#57 newfy

newfy

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 11:27 AM

I still say he should be our first prospect traded for improving the team. Him or Ferraro.

Trade our only decent prospect standing over 6 feet tall, uses his size and plays the style of the wings system to a T ? Hes much more likely an NHLer then pretty much everyone in the prospect pool besides Smith and Nyquist.

The difference between him and Ferraro is huge as well? If youre saying Sheahan and Ferraro are remotely close in value then you are way off

RIP BOB PROBERT #24

#58 nuts2u

nuts2u

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 01:39 PM

Ferraro isn't worth a used jock.

#59 rick zombo

rick zombo

Grit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,168 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 02:36 PM

Ferraro isn't worth a used jock.

Ferraro has a legit shot at the NHL based purely on skating ability alone. Much like Helm and, to a lesser degree, Mursak.
"In Detroit, every day is a good day to win"

#60 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 10:23 AM

Trade our only decent prospect standing over 6 feet tall, uses his size and plays the style of the wings system to a T ? Hes much more likely an NHLer then pretty much everyone in the prospect pool besides Smith and Nyquist.

The difference between him and Ferraro is huge as well? If youre saying Sheahan and Ferraro are remotely close in value then you are way off

No, I am saying that I have watched Sheahan a few times and was not impressed, and the same goes for Ferraro. I am saying nothing more than that these guys are the only forwards that were drafted high that I would want to get rid of in a trade. Nothing was said about their value. I just would rather have almost everyone else of value stay in the system.

Sheahan might be improving, but I disagree with him being anything more than a fourth liner right now. I can think of a few guys that I think might be first and second liners and they are all Europeans right now. Sorry that they are smaller, it just is the way it is. I would love to be wrong about Sheahan, but like you said Ferraro isn't worth s*** to trade right now, so if we need to give up a prospect to get someone at the deadline this year... I really hope it is Sheahan or Quellet.
"It is a lot easier to be an ******* to words than to people"-xkcd

Tootoo does NOT belong on this team. He is classless and I would rather see the Wings be bad than classless. I feel the same way about Bertuzzi as well, but he at least CAN make the team better. With Tootoo the team becomes worse and in danger of being classless. Would you have liked Claude on the team? Or Roy? No. So why would you be okay with that POS.

This thread has been closed due to emotions being higher than people's ability to read, interpret, and properly respond to simple posts.