• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Rick Zombos Ghost

Attn Cap Geeks...give me a scenario...

Rate this topic

he could be the franchise d-man for the historic wings....f*** the kings :).

Win.... Its a damn exciting thought. Would definitely be a nice bridge like Nick was from Stevie. Doughty from Nick? Hmmm... No way LA lets him go but damn this would be just epic.

Doughty is a franchise defenceman. Unless he hates LA (which I doubt) no other team even has a chance.

i would think detroit would have a chance. doughty is from london ontario so it be like him coming home. Im sure he would be thrilled to come to detroit and pick up where lids left off and play for a great team like the wings. wishful thinking, but if there ever was a guy for the wings to throw a huge offer sheet at it be this guy. Lets hope kovy ends up going to LA :)

I think the chances of him getting to free agency are about the same as us signing Kovy. Its not like LA doesn't have money to spend. I cant see why he would leave unless Lombardi slaps his mom or something crazy happens.

Edited by Original-Six

there is a possibilty to get him, reasons why he is the type of guy that is worth giving up picks for especially if Lids is gone!, Kings have alot of good young guys that need contracts next year

Jack Johnson

Johnathan Bernier

Drew Doughty

Oscar Moller

Wayne Simmonds

Alec Martinez

and a few other guys, now the Wings clear up 7+ mill with Lids leaving if we offered Doughty 5-7 mill i dont think the Kings could match that.

But then again Weber would be nice to but now that he is the C of the preds i dont think hes going anywhere, maybe Seabrook if the Hawks are still in cap trouble

Edited by king_malice

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

I'd trade 3 first rounders, Tatar and Kronwall for Doughty... I know neither team would ever make that trade, but I'm just saying I'd do it. Imo Franchise defensemen are worth far more then franchise forwards.

If he does go for the RFA status where offer sheets can be sent, I'd like Holland to at least make a move for him. The compensation would be worth it, even if we'd have to get him at like 8 mill.

Edited by EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

I'd trade 3 first rounders, Tatar and Kronwall for Doughty... I know neither team would ever make that trade, but I'm just saying I'd do it. Imo Franchise defensemen are worth far more then franchise forwards.

If he does go for the RFA status where offer sheets can be sent, I'd like Holland to at least make a move for him. The compensation would be worth it, even if we'd have to get him at like 8 mill.

I would do 1st rounder, 2nd round pick, Stuart (his NTC is up), Ericsson for him. Or remove Ericsson for one of our higher end prospects like you suggested.

Edited by dragonballgtz

Give a scenario where Doughty becomes a member of the Red Wings?... NHL 11 comes out in early September :ph34r:

All kidding aside, I'd kill to have Doughty. Which means that there's likely no way that Los Angeles let's him get away. He's going to be a perennial Norris Trophy candidate for years to come. This kind of topic just makes me sad because of the what-if factor :(

Edited by Jesusberg

LA is on the way up. No way he bolts that organization, plus they'll be able to throw basically whatever he wants at him. Nobody will get Doughty til later in his career. The only way we can get a young, dominating defenseman is to hope one gets drafted by a crappy team like Atlanta and is willing to leave. And even then we'd have to compete with everyone else.

So...best bet? Hope Kindl, Ericsson, or someone else comes out and magically dominates.