• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest mindfly

Who's going to replace Lidstrom for next season

Rate this topic

Chara for 4-5 years. That gives time to evaluate our youngsters and a whole new crop of UFA's will be available. I don't think anyone comparable to Lids will come along soon, but if he does, it wouldn't suprise me if he is in our system.

Most of the Wings' players that are any good are ten or so years older than Doughty. The ones that aren't are markedly inferior. And the Wings' draft picks are almost always in the bottom ten. They have virtually nothing LA wants.

Last time I checked the Wings don't have to give LA anything in order to sign Doughty if the guy is a free agent.

to bad he wont be a free agent

Can you tell me the lotto numbers for the next drawing?

I am not getting my hopes up, but at the same time you have to think of any and all possibilities. Doughty could sign somewhere else after next season. It is not definite that he will sign an extension during.

I am not getting my hopes up, but at the same time you have to think of any and all possibilities. Doughty could sign somewhere else after next season. It is not definite that he will sign an extension during.

What i was getting at is that he will be a RFA not a UFA so yes we would have to give something up if we were to sign him with a offer sheet.

At most, he would be an RFA. There is absolutely no chance LA would fail to at least qualify him.

And there is very little chance we could possibly offer an amount that LA would fail to match. It would have to be something in the $7.5-8+ mil range to even have a prayer, and that would mean giving up 4 first round picks.

It is 100% certain that we could not get Doughty without giving up something.

At most, he would be an RFA. There is absolutely no chance LA would fail to at least qualify him.

And there is very little chance we could possibly offer an amount that LA would fail to match. It would have to be something in the $7.5-8+ mil range to even have a prayer, and that would mean giving up 4 first round picks.

It is 100% certain that we could not get Doughty without giving up something.

I wouldn't consider draft picks the same thing as what was being discussed. Detroit doesn't have anything LA would want in a trade but Detroit wouldn't have to to acquire him.

Especially considering a guy like Doughty would likely be worth the first round draft picks anyway. Perhaps a large overpay but possible.

LA will probably sign him or match any offer sheet Detroit would put out, but you never know. Hossa bolted to Detroit and left a s*** ton of money on the table two years ago.

Kenny has been so protective of prospects and draft picks these last several years that it would make sense to try to make an offer to Doughty. Who cares if Holland deals a bunch of top picks or prospects for a difference maker. It would be worth it.

Doughty for 2011 !!!

Wings (with Modano) will win the Cup in June, 2011 and Nick will announce his retirement shortly thereafter. He wants to go out on top, that's why he is coming back this year. He hasn't "accomplished everything that he wants".

Listen, I love my wings just like the rest of you and I have complete faith in our boys, but PLEASE stop saying they ARE going to win the cup next year!!

I see things like that all the time on this board. I sincerely swear that I don't mean to be negative and I do have complete faith in our boys but it is just bad karma to say things like that. I mean you could say its probable or even very likely they will win and that's not bad. I only say this because its true. If you count your chickens before they hatch and get too cocky (no pun intended) you're just asking for trouble.

I said this same thing the year cindy won the cup bc alnost everyone on here was saying the wings were no doubt gonna win bc they were on home ice....needless to say "chickens" were counted a little prematurely.

Anyhow, I'm done with that rant.

On this topic, I would love to see chara here for a couple years. I believe he has a lot to offer this team.