• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

CenterIce

Watch what you eat at Detroit Area Pro Sporting Events

Rate this topic

Anyone have any restaurant food horror stories they can share?

Well I went to this mexican restaurant with my uncle a few years ago only to find several small brown rocks spread throughout in his entire meal. We complained to the waitress and the manager came and made our meals free (we didnt want any more after that). Leaving the place we look over next to the building to see around the trees and such were the same exact brown rocks. How they made it to his food, we will never know. Horrific right?

Well I went to this mexican restaurant with my uncle a few years ago only to find several small brown rocks spread throughout in his entire meal. We complained to the waitress and the manager came and made our meals free (we didnt want any more after that). Leaving the place we look over next to the building to see around the trees and such were the same exact brown rocks. How they made it to his food, we will never know. Horrific right?

Where is this restaurant? I eat rocks mixed with nails for breakfast all the time, and I hate to go through all the trouble of preparing it myself.

Where is this restaurant? I eat rocks mixed with nails for breakfast all the time, and I hate to go through all the trouble of preparing it myself.

Haha, we were down in Tennessee visiting relatives at the time, sorry.

No particular horror stories. Just imagine the next time that you are cooking in your home what would happen if inspectors came in. The rules are strict for a reason, and they change a lot.

I once worked in a place where we got cited for storing the ice scoop in a bucket next to the machine. Code was that it had to be stored in the machine so that it wouldn't bring in contaminants from the surrounding area.

The next year we were cited for storing the scoop in the machine. Code was that it had to be stored next to the machine so that it wouldn't contaminate the inside of the machine.

Yeah, the code reversed itself twice in two years. You don't find these things out until the inspector arrives.

No biggie if a place has an infraction or two, unless it is a major one.

I'll bet that the guy scooping ice with his hands was a bartender. I've seen it done many times in bars.

One final thought, now that I've settled your stomachs... think of how many teenage kids work in fast food. 'Nuf said.

Agreed for the most part, but storing fish at 68 and storing toxic detergents and s*** over food isn't really minor.

I once heard that Arby's meat comes as a liquid and then 'sets' as it is cooked. I'm pretty sure it isn't true, but it still ruined Arby's for me.

Edited by Broken 16

Broken 16, that's true for ANY sliced meat, not just Arby's.

Glad to know the Chicago facilities are clean.

Soldier field hasn't had hot water ever. Wrigley a 0? you'd have figured something was in wrigley.

Did you all have to bring up Arby's? Now I won't be wishing for ANY hat tricks this season. :P

While the 52% violation rating at the Joe is still bad, I also loved that the Verizon Center (Capitals) had 100% violation along with the Rays. Watch out #8--those brown things are not chocolate covered raisins!

Broken 16, that's true for ANY sliced meat, not just Arby's.

Glad to know the Chicago facilities are clean.

Soldier field hasn't had hot water ever. Wrigley a 0? you'd have figured something was in wrigley.

Great... that's one of those 'ignorance is bliss' things.

Guest CaliWingsNut

Great... that's one of those 'ignorance is bliss' things.

cattle_lineup.jpg

Edit: changed picture to something more realistic.

Edited by CaliWingsNut

Guest DatsyukianDeke13

Every single vendor had violations :o Someone invite Obama to a Capitals game and give him all the food he can eat!:thumbup:

Verizon Center isn't exactly old, it's only 12 years into it's existence. People complaining about how old the Joe is and how no wonder there are violations should consider that that doesn't necessarily mean anything when it comes to age of the complex. I'm pretty surprised that 100% of vendors at Verizon Center had violations, though.

Living in Toronto, it's nice to know that the Rogers Centre and the ACC both had perfect records.

Really interesting though, when you look at the locations of those that had violations in the 75-100% range, you have 8 locations, the Verizon Center in Washington and then the other 7 all in Florida....weird.

Living in Toronto, it's nice to know that the Rogers Centre and the ACC both had perfect records.

Really interesting though, when you look at the locations of those that had violations in the 75-100% range, you have 8 locations, the Verizon Center in Washington and then the other 7 all in Florida....weird.

Does anyone know where they hire the people who work the stands?

was at a Tigers games early this month and it was VERRRRRY hot, anyway, someone was ordering a hot dog from the guy in the stands and while he was bending over preparing the dog, well, yea, sweat was dripping off his nose onto the dog.... (not just one drip, but a number of them) :puke:

Edited by LeftWinger

Guest CaliWingsNut

Verizon Center isn't exactly old, it's only 12 years into it's existence. People complaining about how old the Joe is and how no wonder there are violations should consider that that doesn't necessarily mean anything when it comes to age of the complex. I'm pretty surprised that 100% of vendors at Verizon Center had violations, though.

I said because of how old it is, I expected there to be roaches... a bit different. That's because they are nearly impossible to get rid of once they are there. A newer building would be designed with better materials and design to prevent (still won't help dirty staff) from such a thing.

As to the vendors... umm.. can anyone say how many are at the verizon center? It could just be Aramark or one other big time concession company (making it pretty easy to have 100%).

Edit: I find it funny people aren't even reading enough to realize that it's a percent of companies in violation, not the severity of the violations.

was at a Tigers games early this month and it was VERRRRRY hot, anyway, someone was ordering a hot dog from the guy in the stands and while he was bending over preparing the dog, well, yea, sweat was dripping off his nose onto the dog.... (not just one drip, but a number of them) :puke:

Hello staff infection! How are you today?

Edited by CaliWingsNut

Guest CaliWingsNut

Does anyone know where they hire the people who work the stands?

As I mentioned earlier... most are handled by major companies. Aramark, Compass Group, Patina Group, Manpower (labor), World Wide, National Concessions, etc. From memory, Aramark and Compass Group are the biggest (without researching my facts).

I've worked many, many years in food service. This is minor. Just saying.

Bingo

You DO NOT want to take a tour through any kitchen of a restaurant that you enjoy eating at. This is almost w/o exception.

What you don't know won't hurt you as the saying goes.

Every single vendor had violations :o Someone invite Obama to a Capitals game and give him all the food he can eat!:thumbup:

Only if we can run Sarah Palin over with the Zamboni... I am kidding but keep your political opinions to that type of thread please.