• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

CenterIce

Watch what you eat at Detroit Area Pro Sporting Events

Rate this topic

Only if we can run Sarah Palin over with the Zamboni... I am kidding but keep your political opinions to that type of thread please.

C'mon, it was just a joke. People need to quit treating politics like religion.

Obviously I'm not a Toronto fan, but good to see the closest big league city where I live, and been to a Baseball and Canadian Football game recently, is 0%. Although I'm in Detroit a lot more for sports. Good thing too, I don't want to wait in the long food lines at The Joe and Comerica Park.

I'm not surprised by the results.

C'mon, it was just a joke. People need to quit treating politics like religion.

Fair enough, and I apologize for being sensitive. It seems no one respects the office of the President anymore. I disagree with a lot of what Obama does, I also agree with alot of it, either way I respect him as President. No different for Bush before or Mrs. Palin if she's next.

Fair enough, and I apologize for being sensitive. It seems no one respects the office of the President anymore. I disagree with a lot of what Obama does, I also agree with alot of it, either way I respect him as President. No different for Bush before or Mrs. Palin if she's next.

These days the majority will never respect like the president in the end even if he does a good job. The haters are louder than the supporters, thats just how the cookie crumbles.

Edited by cjm502

was at a Tigers games early this month and it was VERRRRRY hot, anyway, someone was ordering a hot dog from the guy in the stands and while he was bending over preparing the dog, well, yea, sweat was dripping off his nose onto the dog.... (not just one drip, but a number of them) :puke:

Yes, two dogs please with mustard and could you hold the DNA.

Guest mindfly

Food in general in the united states is crappy... it tastes good but its so much fat, sugar, carbs, chemical substances and other s***....glad i get to eat my own moose on a weekly basis and fish caught in fresh cold mountain lakes :)

I gained 20lbs my last trip to florida and i wasn't even over-eating or anything...

Edited by mindfly

Food in general in the united states is crappy... it tastes good but its so much fat, sugar, carbs, chemical substances and other s***....glad i get to eat my own moose on a weekly basis and fish caught in fresh cold mountain lakes :)

I gained 20lbs my last trip to florida and i wasn't even over-eating or anything...

The US isn't exactly known for healthy food, which is why so many Americans are overweight. The food here is just too damn good. I pride myself in being fit, but even those with the most willpower can't resist "bad" food at times.

That being said, I'm not sure what that post had to do with health-code violations at sports arenas.

Guest mindfly

I just think they should have healthier and better food, that's all. Everyone would benefit from it.

I can't remember the last time I ate food at a sporting event. Normally if I go anywhere or my family and I go to a game (baseball/hockey), we eat beforehand. There's a great restaurant near the Durham Bulls ballpark in Durham that we eat at before games. Relatively inexpensive and about a stone's throw from the gates. I'll have a Diet Coke or a bag of peanuts or something, but nothing that's not already sealed.

About Verizon Center -

Verizon Center health violations among worst in U.S.

July 26, 2010 - 5:31pm

WASHINGTON - A study of health inspections at stadium food vendors across the United States found the Verizon Center to have some of the worst health violations in the country.

The report, conducted by ESPN, finds every food vendor inside the home of the Capitals, Wizards, Mystics and Georgetown University basketball to be in violation of health codes. The report found at least 10 vendors with mice droppings in food preparation areas.

The only other stadium in the United States to have as many health violations as the Verizon Center is Tropicana Field in Tampa Bay, Florida, which is the home of Major League Baseball's Tampa Bay Rays.

Captials and Wizards' owner Ted Leonsis responded to the report on his blog:

"I was surprised by ESPN's recent industry-wide report and ratings related to the cleanliness of professional sports venues, including Verizon Center. Since we acquired Verizon Center from Washington Sports and Entertainment six weeks ago, we have been planning and making improvements. Please be assured that we take the complaints of our customers extremely seriously, and quality and cleanliness are paramount."

Aramark, one of the companies in charge of the Verizon Center's concessions, released a statement Monday:

"Food safety is our top priority. We have rigorous employee training and quality assurance processes, and we continuously invest to enhance our food safety training, resources and safeguards. Any time we learn of potential issues we take prompt action to investigate and remedy all concerns. Issues raised in past reports were addressed and receive our continued attention."

The report found 25 percent of vendors at Nationals Park to be in violation of health codes. The report specifically cites a critical violation at one location that did not have a D.C.-certified food manager's card.