• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

CenterIce

Kids drop the gloves and are ready to fight

Rate this topic

ya the big kid was scared for sure. the little one threw those gloves down there like hes been there before. hopefully the 1st round pick of the wings in the 2020 draft.

Guest DatsyukianDeke13

ya the big kid was scared for sure. the little one threw those gloves down there like hes been there before. hopefully the 1st round pick of the wings in the 2020 draft.

Drafting a 16 year old??? :ph34r:

Edited by DatsyukianDeke13

Good to see there are a few kids left who are willing to stand up for themselves instead of crying to mommy.

We wring our hands about their self-esteem, but don't let them grow their own balls (or ****) and then wonder why we have crybabies. Let the boys be boys, teach them to do it responsibly; and when they're men, they'll be real men.

Not a good thing in youth hockey! That's way moms don't like there kids in hockey! USA hockey you are done for the season and you have to go before the board to be reinstated. The mom probably just keep her son in hockey instead of on the side line watching the game or worse never playing again!

When I was that age I think I had some severe anger issues or something. My parents normally took me to the rink to play hockey, but as small as I was I always ended up being that one little kid that coundnt control himself and attempted to "fight". At least I was providing entertainment for everybody watching...

Honestly, I probably looked like that kid every game. I feel kind of embarrassed now :unsure:

Edited by cjm502

Not a good thing in youth hockey! That's way moms don't like there kids in hockey! USA hockey you are done for the season and you have to go before the board to be reinstated. The mom probably just keep her son in hockey instead of on the side line watching the game or worse never playing again!

is that for real?? we used to joke around all the time when I played at that age and did the same things lol. then when we got older we started to fight all the time and would only be suspended for a game.

Thats is pretty lame to get kicked out for the season for fighting. Sometimes s*** just happens and now im done for the year? weak.. Glad I didn't play hockey in the US.

Edited by redwingfan19

is that for real?? we used to joke around all the time when I played at that age and did the same things lol. then when we got older we started to fight all the time and would only be suspended for a game.

Thats is pretty lame to get kicked out for the season for fighting. Sometimes s*** just happens and now im done for the year? weak.. Glad I didn't play hockey in the US.

I'm not sure how much more tight assed USA hockey got, but 16 years ago or so (man I feel old) when I started playing peewee (12-14 age bracket) - You got suspended for one game and then 2 for an additional offense, then 3, then had to go before the board, by bantam(14-16), it got less strict, just kicked out of the game you were playing in and by midget (16-18), you could get in 2 fights a game before being kicked out (first one was a 5min, 2nd was kicked out of that game) and after like 5 offenses, you got a 1 game susp...

Since these kids are probably like mite division age, I can see how AND why they would punish this more severely, as they should...

Edited by stevkrause

I'm not sure hoe much more tight assed USA hockey got, but 16 years ago or so (man I feel old) when I started playing peewee (12-14 age bracket) - You got suspended for one game and then 2 for an additional offense, then 3, then had to go before the board, by bantam(14-16), it got less strict, just kicked out of the game you were playing in and by midget (16-18), you could get in 2 fights a game before being kicked out (first one was a 5min, 2nd was kicked out of that game) and after like 5 offenses, you got a 1 game susp...

Since these kids are probably like mite division age, I can see how AND why they would punish this more severely, as they should...

thats pretty much how it was with us too, but it could be different now as well since I stopped playing in midget and that was about 8-9 years ago.

it looked like those kids where on the same team and just messing around. Really, kids cant really hurt each other at that age, they are protected by their equipment and really just not strong enough to punch through the equipment hard enough to hurt somebody let alone rip a kids helmet off.. They only way I could see them getting hurt is by stick swinging or kicking.

Yes it is true. If the ref calls a fighting major it is automatic but what happens more then not the ref steps in and they call just roughing and maybe game misconduct.

thats pretty much how it was with us too, but it could be different now as well since I stopped playing in midget and that was about 8-9 years ago.

it looked like those kids where on the same team and just messing around. Really, kids cant really hurt each other at that age, they are protected by their equipment and really just not strong enough to punch through the equipment hard enough to hurt somebody let alone rip a kids helmet off.. They only way I could see them getting hurt is by stick swinging or kicking.

Agreed 100%, but it should still be discouraged at this age... especially between teammates...

damn this topic making me be serious! can we get back to making jokes now? haha

I wonder if their jerseys were tied down? :lol:

Edited by stevkrause

Good to see there are a few kids left who are willing to stand up for themselves instead of crying to mommy.

We wring our hands about their self-esteem, but don't let them grow their own balls (or ****) and then wonder why we have crybabies. Let the boys be boys, teach them to do it responsibly; and when they're men, they'll be real men.

My new BFF :yowza:

Can you support this with the USA hockey rulebook? I think you are thinking of a match penalty. When I played youth hockey under USA hockey, fighting resulted in the player being ejected from the current game and suspended for the next game. Subsequent fighting majors could possibly carry more severe suspensions. A match penalty required the player to go before the regional USA hockey board and defend his/her case before being able to play again (if the ruling allowed them to). In ACHA college hockey (affiliated with USA hockey), fighting is a ejection and one game misconduct for the first offense, two games misconduct for the second, and so on.

http://www.usahockey.com/uploadedFiles/USAHockey/Menu_Officials/Menu_RulesEquipment/USAH%20Rulebook%200911_WEB.pdf

Rule 613 Fisticuffs (Fighting)

(a) A major plus a game misconduct penalty shall be imposed on

any player who engages in fisticuffs. An additional minor

penalty shall be imposed on any player who starts or

instigates fisticuffs.

(b) A minor penalty shall be imposed on a player who, having

been struck, shall retaliate with a blow or attempted blow.

However, at the discretion of the Referee a double minor or a

major penalty may be imposed if such player continues the

altercation.

(Note 1) The Referee is provided very wide latitude in the

penalties that he may impose under this rule. This is done

intentionally to enable him to differentiate between the

obvious degrees of responsibility of the participants either

for starting the fighting or persisting in continuing the

fighting. The discretion provided shall be exercised

realistically.

(Note 2) Referees are directed to employ every means

provided by these rules to stop “brawling” and should use

Rule 601(e.2) “Abuse of Officials and Other Misconduct” for

this purpose.

© A major penalty shall be imposed on any player involved in

fisticuffs off the playing surface or with another player who

is off the playing surface before, during or after the game.

(d) A game misconduct penalty shall be imposed on any player

or goalkeeper who is the first to intervene in an altercation

then in progress. This penalty is in addition to any other

penalty incurred in the same incident.

(e) When an altercation occurs on the ice, at the signal of the

Referee, all players (non-participant), excluding goalkeepers,

must proceed immediately and directly to their respective

players’ bench. Goalkeepers must remain in the immediate

vicinity of their goal crease. See Rule 407(d) (Goalkeeper’s

Penalties). A minor penalty shall be assessed to any player,

excluding goalkeepers, who fails to move to the players’

bench when so instructed by the Referee.

70 USA Hockey

PLAYING RULES

Playing Rules

A minor penalty shall be imposed on any player, including

a goalkeeper, who removes his glove or gloves and/or drops

his stick during an altercation and who is not a participant in

the original altercation. A game misconduct penalty may be

added to the minor penalty if, in the judgment of the Referee,

the player is the instigator of a subsequent altercation. This

penalty shall be in addition to any other penalty incurred in

the same incident.

(f) A game misconduct penalty shall be assessed to any player

who removes his (or opponent’s) helmet/facemask prior to, or

during an altercation (excluding Adult Male Classifications).

Yea I'm pretty sure you don't know what you are talking about. In any AAA hockey you are allowed to fight (obviously there are penalties). Travel leagues A AA etc it is the more strict penalties but still never a match penalty. The only places i have seen where fighting is looked down on majorly is at the high school level. This is only because the high schools are liable in some way for the health of the kids out there and no schools wants to have a bad rep in that area. The person who quoted the rule book shows the usa hockey rules, which there isn't even a mention of a match penalty. The only match penalties i've heard of are when the player is physically endangering a kids life and that doesn't include fighting. Using your skate to kick or slice someone is an example. Also racial slurs can be cause for a match penalty.

Yea I'm pretty sure you don't know what you are talking about. In any AAA hockey you are allowed to fight (obviously there are penalties). Travel leagues A AA etc it is the more strict penalties but still never a match penalty. The only places i have seen where fighting is looked down on majorly is at the high school level. This is only because the high schools are liable in some way for the health of the kids out there and no schools wants to have a bad rep in that area. The person who quoted the rule book shows the usa hockey rules, which there isn't even a mention of a match penalty. The only match penalties i've heard of are when the player is physically endangering a kids life and that doesn't include fighting. Using your skate to kick or slice someone is an example. Also racial slurs can be cause for a match penalty.

USA Hockey Rule Book

Fights can be anything as low as a Major and a Game Misconduct, if you're reffing by the book. But it also can be called a Match Penalty. It's basically up to the Officials discrepancy for every single call he makes.

Look things up next time, before you call people out.