• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
FireCaptain

Top 10 Centers as ranked by Versus

Rate this topic

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

I didn't see this anywhere, so if it is - then I searched the wrong terms..

One of Versus' correspondents put out a Top 10 Centers list.

Enjoy.

Link

Horrible list. No Stamkos? Koivu over Getzlaf, Thornton, and Backstrom? Toews at number 4?

Seriously if Mikko Koivu is the 7th best center in the league then by next season's end Flip is a top 20 center...

Edited by EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

This just proves Dater doesn't watch the Wings much. One, Zetterberg plays the center role more than Datsyuk when the two are together. Two, if he is using "they play together some time" to kick Zetterberg of the list then you have to remove Crosby or Malkin, because about 20% of their even-strength time last season was spent together. How about putting Zetterberg at #1 on this list where he belongs instead of developing a convoluted reason why he's not on the list.

This just proves Dater doesn't watch the Wings much. One, Zetterberg plays the center role more than Datsyuk when the two are together. Two, if he is using "they play together some time" to kick Zetterberg of the list then you have to remove Crosby or Malkin, because about 20% of their even-strength time last season was spent together. How about putting Zetterberg at #1 on this list where he belongs instead of developing a convoluted reason why he's not on the list.

:thumbup:

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

:lol: Exactly. The #1 center was completely shut down in 2 consecutive SCFs by another center who is not even on this list.

esteef

Not to pull a Carman, but is extremely evident that Crosby's all around game has improved tremendously since then, most notciably his two-way presence and face-offs. On the same token, I think many fans outside of the Wing's loyal would consider Zetterberg and Datsyuk to have declined in effectiveness since then. Not saying I agree, but that is the general consensus among other fans.