• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Guest CaliWingsNut

I'm Boycotting the Winter Classic...

Rate this topic

So are we all boycotting the Winter Classic this year?

I personally am and will be watching football or nothing on New Years... I'm also going to make sure none of my TV's are accidentally left on NBC, just in case one of my boxes is a Neilsen box...

I'm also doing a rain dance and praying to Satan, God, Buddha, Allah, Shiva, Chuck Norris, Ron L Hubbard and the Flying Spaghetti Monster just to be safe...

Here's another one who will be laughing hysterically if it gets called. I'd do a rain dance if I knew how and it would work. It would serve them right.

Here's another one who will be laughing hysterically if it gets called. I'd do a rain dance if I knew how and it would work. It would serve them right.

You can google that I'm sure. But won't you have to set foot in Pittsburgh to do it?

I prefer Grammar Nazi, thank you.

It's amazing how stupid you look when you screw up grammar that most 10 and 11 year-olds should know.

So Grammar Nazi, board sniper/flamer and obviously bitter. Now I know what the rest of the forum already did. Don't respond to my posts son, I'm not interested in your hating.

Tuff s*** for you (like the slang?) that 90% of Wings fans are sick of Bettman pushing Crosby/Ovie. Simply go back and reread the thread.....use the scroll bar......it's on your right.

So are we all boycotting the Winter Classic this year?

Some are. Some aren't.

Some will be watching. Some have other plans. Some aren't interested in games that don't effect the Wings. Some don't care for the Pens and/or Caps. Some will sit in a corner with their arms folded across their chests and their lower lip stuck waaaaaaaay out, kicking their feet if they don't get enough attention because the league likes Sidney.

Some of us will be cheering for the Penguins because you know what happens to the winner of the Winter Classic. <heh heh heh heh heh>

Edited by 55fan

Oh dear God, I'll be laughing like hell if that's the case. :rotflmao:

Maybe even Mother Nature has had enough of having Crosby/Ovechkin shoved down her throat and is on our side.

LET IT POUR!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest Stolberg

i'll be laughing my ass off when tens of thousands of people won't get to see the game they paid hundreds of dollars to see

SUCKERS! :rolleyes:

Karma can be a real nasty customer. Oh, I am loving the thought that it will all be for naught. That'll teach Buttman to fool with Mother Nature.

Guest Stolberg

cut to bettman, sheepishly pushing the bettman weathermatic3000 back into his closet

Edited by Stolberg

Some of us will be cheering for the Penguins because you know what happens to the winner of the Winter Classic. <heh heh heh heh heh>

Karen, you're an awesome lady.......but I just can't do that. It's like rooting for the Red Sox -- it's against my nature.

Karen, you're an awesome lady.......but I just can't do that. It's like rooting for the Red Sox -- it's against my nature.

Desperate times call for desperate measures. I could cheer for Red Sox if, say, I put some red sox in the washer and forgot to take the temp off hot and they came out red rather than pink and didn't get dye on anything. It's all in the situation.

Fear not; the League does have a Plan B ready to be used and it's laughable.

What? Are they moving it in to the old Igloo? Hey, what could be a more "classic" location than the place where the only legitimate dynasty of this generation last hoisted the Cup?

I won't be watching because I'll be at the Gator Bowl, but if I was at home I'd be flipping back and forth between this and bowl games. I don't really agree with the rooting for the rain. This is supposed to be the showcase for the NHL and while I hate the Pens, matching them up against the Caps is going to draw a lot of viewers. A lot of money down the drain and bad publicity for the NHL if the Classic is cancelled.

I won't be watching because I'll be at the Gator Bowl, but if I was at home I'd be flipping back and forth between this and bowl games. I don't really agree with the rooting for the rain. This is supposed to be the showcase for the NHL and while I hate the Pens, matching them up against the Caps is going to draw a lot of viewers. A lot of money down the drain and bad publicity for the NHL if the Classic is cancelled.

How is it bad publicity? Baseball games get called on account of rain all the time and its reputation is no worse for wear.

And the loss of revenue is only really going to hurt those teams getting revenue sharing, and probably not a whole heck of a lot. Much of the WC classic merchandise is purchased before the game.

How is it bad publicity? Baseball games get called on account of rain all the time and its reputation is no worse for wear.

And the loss of revenue is only really going to hurt those teams getting revenue sharing, and probably not a whole heck of a lot. Much of the WC classic merchandise is purchased before the game.

Money spent advertising is down the drain as well, and I'm sure that's quite a bit. Honestly, I don't know how it could result in bad publicity, but the media has their ways of spinning things. The Classic getting cancelled is good for no one.

Guest CaliWingsNut

Money spent advertising is down the drain as well, and I'm sure that's quite a bit. Honestly, I don't know how it could result in bad publicity, but the media has their ways of spinning things. The Classic getting cancelled is good for no one.

The Winter Classic gets rained out, and you wonder how it'll be bad for PR?

Edit: prediction is high of 49 F, and 80% chance of rain now (up from 50%)

Edited by CaliWingsNut