• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Guest CaliWingsNut

I'm Boycotting the Winter Classic...

Rate this topic

Watch the conditions cause at least one or two major injuries. I wouldn't be surprised at all. It's karma coming back to bite the league in the ass.

The rain feezes when it hits the ice causing an uneven surface. Crosby hits a rut and blows out his knee. Gone for the season. Priceless.

I'm watching for the same reason that people watch NASCAR - for the wrecks...

This is hilarious. And if they even try and postpone until Sunday, isn't there some big college football thing going on on TV? (My vagueness shows how much I pay attention to college sports :P)

Probably, but the Steelers also play Sunday, with a division title on the line.

Guest CaliWingsNut

Well Zetterberg says this game with these two teams is a good idea.

What's he going to do... complain?

Edit: he also doesn't say that, he says it's good to have good rivalries.

Edited by CaliWingsNut

What's he going to do... complain?

Edit: he also doesn't say that, he says it's good to have good rivalries.

Lol why so defensive? And he absolutely said it will be good, and it's even better that their is a rivalry between these two teams.

edit: Never mind, you created this thread, makes sense.

Edited by Konnan511

Guest CaliWingsNut

Lol why so defensive? And he absolutely said it will be good, and it's even better that their is a rivalry between these two teams.

edit: Never mind, you created this thread, makes sense.

Where does he say that? He didn't in the article posted above.

Edited by CaliWingsNut

"I have seen bits and pieces and they seem to do a good job on it. You know, I thought it was fun to be in the Winter Classic once," said Zetterberg, who had three assists in the Wings' 6-4 win against the Blackhawks at Wrigley. "It was a great experience. It was fun to have the family over and that practice day, when the players brought their kids on the ice and skated with us, it was a great time.

"I think it is a good thing, and especially when you have good rivalries playing, it's better."

"it" = the Winter Classic in general (not any specific year, but he is making references to 200, so he could be alluding to that).

"good rivalries playing" = rivalries in the Winter Classic.

Not once does he specifically approve of this Pittsburgh Classic.

Other thant the Wings, I can't think of any other teams I'd rather watch. I'll be in J'ville watchin' Big Blue whip up on the SEC, but I will Tevo the hockey game for sure. Block M's are 4-1 in games I have seen live in Flo Rida, let's make it 5-1 plz thankz. Cheer for the Victors!!!

Guest CaliWingsNut

Other games tonight:

7pm Boston vs Buffalo

7pm Toronto vs Ottawa

7pm New Jersey vs Carolina

7:30pm NY Rangers vs Tampa bay - My pick of the night

9pm San Jose vs Kings

10pm Calgary vs Edmonton

I love how Gary Bettman is the one grinning and slapping backs at the draft and the Stanley Cup and award presentations, but it's Bill Daly that was announcing the postponement on TV. Think Pete Rozelle would have pawned that crap off on someone else?

I love how Gary Bettman is the one grinning and slapping backs at the draft and the Stanley Cup and award presentations, but it's Bill Daly that was announcing the postponement on TV. Think Pete Rozelle would have pawned that crap off on someone else?

I don't know, I'm not that familiar with football and the way its power structure works, as I don't watch it. If the MLB All-Star game (or a similar exhibition game) was pushed back or postponed for another day, I'm fairly certain Bud Selig would make that announcement himself.

Edited by Electrophile

Guest Howard He Do It?!

Some people are way too wrapped up in this. It's a hockey game people, not life or death. I for one will be watching the game because it features two good teams with perhaps two of the biggest stars in the NHL. Oh yeah, and it's outside! Like it or not this match up is good for the NHL.

Guest ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24

Some people are way too wrapped up in this. It's a hockey game people, not life or death. I for one will be watching the game because it features two good teams with perhaps two of the biggest stars in the NHL. Oh yeah, and it's outside! Like it or not this match up is good for the NHL.

very well put.

couldnt of said it better myself. and for this happy new year i present you a + rating :hehe: