Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,625 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 10:11 AM

This is such a non-thing. It should have been 2 posts:

1. Did you guys see what Talbot said?
2. Yeah. who cares. It's Talbot.

Since when is it cool for 3rd/4th line scrubs to be calling out players 10x better than them? I'm looking at you, Adam Burish.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#22 toby91_ca

toby91_ca

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 8,476 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 10:27 AM

This is such a non-thing. It should have been 2 posts:

1. Did you guys see what Talbot said?
2. Yeah. who cares. It's Talbot.

Since when is it cool for 3rd/4th line scrubs to be calling out players 10x better than them? I'm looking at you, Adam Burish.

So would you be okay with it if Crosby called Ovechkin a ******? I suspect if that happened, we'd have a 20 page thread by now and ripping Crosby apart.

Problem is, I think it would be very, very rare that you would ever find a star player that would make those types of comments.

Here's a question though, how would everyone feel if it was someone like Draper or Maltby that made the comments?

Personally, I have not met either Ovechkin or Talbot, so it would be pretty unfair for me to judge whether either of them are douches, so I won't really comment much further.

#23 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 10:39 AM

It's only one example but I could see maybe Roenick making a comment like that these days as far as star players go.

#24 toby91_ca

toby91_ca

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 8,476 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 11:03 AM

It's only one example but I could see maybe Roenick making a comment like that these days as far as star players go.

True enough.

The other thing to think about here, it's not like he's talking about the actual game of hockey at all, he's talking about the guy as a person, so I'm not sure I care about the 3rd liner vs. star player angle. In actuality, it's stuff like this that 3rd and 4th liners tend to do. A lot of them are agitators and go out to stir up s*** with star players and get them off their game.

When I first started listening to the clip, I thought it was a bit of a joke, if he really felt that way, would he really be saying all this publicly? Sounds more like publicity stunt. However, it's more likely not and he was simply calling him a ******.....which I don't think is very professional.

#25 wally42

wally42

Prospect

• 49 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 11:12 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8X8i3TuINyM

I know man, Ovi's SUCH a douchebag....

#26 Mors

Mors

The Red Death

• HoF Booster
  • 1,995 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 12:23 PM

Why is this surprising? all evidence suggests that Ovechkin is in fact, a ******.

1. Interview where he's doing 185 mph in his Benz on 495 in DC = ******.
2. Pushing a girl and knocking her camera out of her hand = ******.
3. Snowing the little kid in Montreal = ******.

#27 HockeyTownHouligan

HockeyTownHouligan

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 12:36 PM

I can see it now ovi dumps the puck in and talbot and ovi both go for it and ovi just DECKS talbot into the boards and gets a two gamer for boarding or a hit from behind. broken collar bone for talbot oh and a broken ego.

#28 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,199 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 12:40 PM

So would you be okay with it if Crosby called Ovechkin a ******? I suspect if that happened, we'd have a 20 page thread by now and ripping Crosby apart.

Problem is, I think it would be very, very rare that you would ever find a star player that would make those types of comments.

Here's a question though, how would everyone feel if it was someone like Draper or Maltby that made the comments?
Personally, I have not met either Ovechkin or Talbot, so it would be pretty unfair for me to judge whether either of them are douches, so I won't really comment much further.

that's why it's so nice being a wings fan. there was once a young man named sean avery that the wings drafted, traded because he was a so called "******". brendan smith seems to be getting his s*** together, thank god. now the wings apparently need to work on landon ferraro. maltby is an agitator and a huge mouthpiece on the ice, but in interviews he's all business. draper :lol: bad example using smiley face draper... if any wing did this they'd probably start the season in the press box. little kids don't start the season on the wings roster.

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#29 Kira

Kira

"I hope you're not from KGB"

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 12:45 PM

Remember, only a true professional can spot another one right out of the box.
Posted Image

#30 FedorovGurl

FedorovGurl

2nd Line Scorer

• HoF Booster
  • 548 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 12:47 PM

:ranting:

Like Talbot can talk. Holy Hell!
He's only an expert on douches because he's on a team full of them with his captain leading as Grand Marshall of the ****** parade.
Welcome Back Kotter Hudler!! ".... who'd of thought they'd lead ya back here where we need ya? "

#31 EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,731 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 01:20 PM

Why is this surprising? all evidence suggests that Ovechkin is in fact, a ******.

1. Interview where he's doing 185 mph in his Benz on 495 in DC = ******.
2. Pushing a girl and knocking her camera out of her hand = ******.
3. Snowing the little kid in Montreal = ******.

I know Ovie is a ******, but the "Snowing" incident to me seemed like he was just having fun. Gave the little kid a story he'll remember for years.
Victory Honda Forever.

Like my posts? Contact Hossa4life for information regarding my fan club