• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

achildr1

Are we becoming Lightning fans?

Rate this topic

It seems that ever since Steve went south we've been pineing over even the smallest TB moves. If any other team in the league signed Chris Durno, and their was a thread about it on LGW, I'd be shocked.

This isn't to critisize though. Because I'm guilty. I've caught myself thinking, "who is Steve going to round out his bottom two lines with?" (Durno, Pouliet) "Wow, he stole Gagne!" And "Guy Boucher...who?.."

Regardless, those thoughts have me wishing them well to the point of wishing I had NHL Center Ice so I could root 'em on. I think I am a Lightning fan now. (but always Wings first)

Guest mindfly

My eastern team this season is no doubt Tampa :)

Don't think they'll be enough defensively but they will score lots of gorgeous goals.

Edited by mindfly

No.

I cheer for no team other than the Wings. I dislike some teams less than others, and given that Stevie Y is now running Tampa Bay they fall into that category, but I'm not a "fan" of any team other than the Wings. Doesn't mean I don't wish him nothing but the best....because I most certainly do.

My eastern team this season is no doubt Tampa :)

Don't think they'll be enough defensively but they will score lots of gorgeous goals.

Amen to that. Stamkos needs another season like last.

My girlfriends grandparents live in Tampa (we live in England), so can't wait to see when the schedule for next year comes out. May well be 'visiting' when the Wings play in Tampa.

They are without a doubt my favorite Eastern Conference team now, but I wouldn't call myself a fan so to speak - My true fandom lies 100%, with absolutely no wavering, to my beloved Red and White...

With that said, I definitely want them to do well and will root for them against the other 28 teams in the league, but they are merely my "favorite Eastern Conference team" when the day is said and done, while I am a Red Wing FAN for life...

Guest mindfly

And to your question, of course we're not becoming fans, but we will enjoy their games much more now... i think most people on here are red wings fans for life anyway :)

Guest DatsyukianDeke13

I am in no way shape or form a Tampa Bay Lightning. I don't care if their GM is Yzerman or not. Red Wings 4 Life.

I've never seen the problem of calling yourself a fan of many teams. Obviously, a person has their FAVORITE team that they root for above all else, but i dont see how watching and cheering for another team makes you any less of a die hard fan of your favorite team. I'm a hockey fan. Period. My FAVORITE team to watch has been and will always be the DETROIT RED WINGS. Am i a fan of other teams? Of course. Because my love for hockey runs deep. And i dont see anything wrong with saying that. So yes, i have seen myself become a bigger Tampa fan than i already was. Vinny and St. Louis have been two of my favorite players to watch, so ive been a Tampa fan. Then they get Stamkos, Gange, and Ellis and of course Yzerman. So now Tampa is at the top of my list of Eastern Conference teams. This team in my book is going to be very exciting to watch and i cant wait for the season to start. Again, i will never root against the Red Wings, but i dont see any problem for rooting for other teams at the same time. Again, im a hockey fan and enjoy watching other teams play as well. I know some people dont agree with this and are ONLY Wings fans, and im not saying that you are wrong or any less of a hockey fan as i am. Im just saying i really enjoy the sport, and i choose to watch more than just the Red Wings, but that doesnt mean i dont bleed Red and White.

Im the same way with other sports. Im a die hard baseball and football fan as well. My favorite baseball team is by far the Detroit Tigers. As a Tigers fan i really only truly despise one team...the Yankees. I'm also a fan of the Red Sox, the Cubs, The Braves, and the Phillies. Same with football. My favorite team is the Lions (i know, thats sad but i dont care) but i also root for the Saints (before it was the popular thing to do) and the Patriots (yes because we all love Tom Brady).

I dont see a problem with rooting for other teams as long as you know where your true allegence falls. I would never root for any of these teams when they are playing my favorite teams, but i dont see why that means i cant root for them in general and hope they do well.

I've never seen the problem of calling yourself a fan of many teams. Obviously, a person has their FAVORITE team that they root for above all else, but i dont see how watching and cheering for another team makes you any less of a die hard fan of your favorite team. I'm a hockey fan. Period. My FAVORITE team to watch has been and will always be the DETROIT RED WINGS. Am i a fan of other teams? Of course. Because my love for hockey runs deep. And i dont see anything wrong with saying that. So yes, i have seen myself become a bigger Tampa fan than i already was. Vinny and St. Louis have been two of my favorite players to watch, so ive been a Tampa fan. Then they get Stamkos, Gange, and Ellis and of course Yzerman. So now Tampa is at the top of my list of Eastern Conference teams. This team in my book is going to be very exciting to watch and i cant wait for the season to start. Again, i will never root against the Red Wings, but i dont see any problem for rooting for other teams at the same time. Again, im a hockey fan and enjoy watching other teams play as well. I know some people dont agree with this and are ONLY Wings fans, and im not saying that you are wrong or any less of a hockey fan as i am. Im just saying i really enjoy the sport, and i choose to watch more than just the Red Wings, but that doesnt mean i dont bleed Red and White.

Im the same way with other sports. Im a die hard baseball and football fan as well. My favorite baseball team is by far the Detroit Tigers. As a Tigers fan i really only truly despise one team...the Yankees. I'm also a fan of the Red Sox, the Cubs, The Braves, and the Phillies. Same with football. My favorite team is the Lions (i know, thats sad but i dont care) but i also root for the Saints (before it was the popular thing to do) and the Patriots (yes because we all love Tom Brady).

I dont see a problem with rooting for other teams as long as you know where your true allegence falls. I would never root for any of these teams when they are playing my favorite teams, but i dont see why that means i cant root for them in general and hope they do well.

Good post.

I'll only be a fan of the Red Wings as it's the only team that I get excited for or bummed out about. That being said there are teams I will watch when the Wings aren't on. Tampa is now added to the list as before I wouldn't watch them.

having Stevie means people will actually watch the Lighting .. It draws allot of interest .. imo Gretzky did it wrong by becoming a NHL coach overnight .. he should have rode the pine more to realize all the behind the scenes s*** that goes on.

do "die-hard" tampa fans even exist?...i don't think any of us is gonna turn into a huge tampa fan all of a sudden...but i would wear a shirt in support of stevie.

I'm stoked for the Bolts. I might even watch a few games this season since they are on my local cable. I'm having my young sons grow up Wings fans, but I'm going to be taking them to Bolts games because they are the 'Local' area team. I hope Stevie stays for a good while, because that would kind of make it alright if they really liked the Lightning.

Guest CaliWingsNut

I'm an Yzerman fan, not a Lightning fan

Since Yzerman now is the GENERAL MANAGER for Tampa (aka. big man in charge, with a direct phone to the owner's ear).

I would think to be an Yzerman fan is to be a Tampa fan. He picked the team and overlooks the coaching staff.

No.

I cheer for no team other than the Wings. I dislike some teams less than others, and given that Stevie Y is now running Tampa Bay they fall into that category, but I'm not a "fan" of any team other than the Wings. Doesn't mean I don't wish him nothing but the best....because I most certainly do.

I'm like you, I only cheer for the Wings but I am finding that I still read about everything Stevie does and wish him well. Shows you the impact Stevie has on us all... he is forever a Red Wing no matter where he is. Lets hope that one day he comes back home where he belongs!