• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

achildr1

Are we becoming Lightning fans?

Rate this topic

I am sorry but i cant be a tampa fan, their fans have no clue about hockey and that franchise is one of the last that deserves stevie. I mean i will pay more attention to the team but I will not be a fan, i just don't care for warm weather teams except maybe LA cause they're good and they have a pretty solid fan base. I'm habs all the way for the east, if not them then probably philly or boston.

Beside Toronto and Detroit last season I watched Tampa games the most by far since Stamkos is there and I watched him in Sarnia for 2 seasons. Now that Steve is there they will definitely be a team I want to beat every other team except the wings. They have the top 6 in place, Hedman needs to take a step forward and Ohlund needs to play like he can.

Next offseason if they add a decent op 4 defenseman this team should b poised for the playoffs again

I have always considered myself to be a Red Wing fan AND an Yzerman fan, to the point that if Stevie had ever left to play for another team, I would have bought a sweater with his name and that #19 on it, regardless of what team's crest was on the front. I never thought about whether I would have become a fan of the team, although I certainly would have wanted Stevie to succeed.

I will always be a Red Wings fan and they will always be my #1 team. However, now that Stevie's in Tampa, I guess I have become a fan of the Lightning. I certainly am paying more attention to what they are doing than I ever have for any other team, aside from the Wings, and they are now my favorite Eastern Conference team (sorry, Ottawa...you've been bumped!). I want Stevie to succeed as a GM, so that means I want the Lightning to succeed.

However, I hope it never comes to a Red Wings/Lightning Stanley Cup final, because I'm sure I'll be conflicted. I mean, I rooted for Canada in the Olympics because Stevie was running the team! I just couldn't bring myself to want him to lose!

I don't see any problem with being a fan of more than one team. The Red Wings are, by far, my favorite and #1 team, but that doesn't mean I don't watch - and cheer - for others. For example, when the Wings are knocked out of the playoffs, I always pick another team to follow for the rest of the playoffs, and if that team goes on to win the Cup, I'm genuinely happy for them (all the while wishing it could be the Wings, of course). And there are certain teams that I pay a little attention to, and am happy for when they win. I think most of us on this board would put the Wings as their #1 team, and I don't doubt that there are many who would say the Wings are their only team. But that doesn't make them better Wings fans, just as being a fan of more than one team makes anyone a lesser Wings fan.

I'm not a sports fan. Don't know dick about baseball, football, or basketball. I don't know the teams, stats, players, and barely the rules. Superbowl parties are about as far as I stray from hockey. I like the beer involved.

I'm not really a hockey fan. I don't watch any games that aren't redwings related. 15 th ranked prospect in a low league game being televised..... Sure. I'm in. Incredibly exciting game 7 Stanley cup final game without the wings..... Hells no. My season ends when the wings does.

I have center ice and watch 82 games every regular seaon. That's plenty. It's not even the logo.... It's the 23 that make it up every year. I'll keep tabs on former wings..... Fedorov. Kozzie. Yzerman in a management role.... Sure. But all my rooting is for the wings.

I'm a huge hockey fan and I'm certainly not afraid of saying that I'm a fan of other teams. Obviously, the Red Wings are my favorite team; just because you're a fan of other teams doesn't take anything away from that. I will use pie as my analogy. My favorite pie is pecan pie, but I also enjoy pumpkin, apple, cherry, blueberry, etc (actually, now that I think about it, I'm not sure there's a pie I don't like... perhaps this is a bad analogy). If I had to choose between pecan pie and one of the other flavors, I would certainly choose pecan pie; if pecan pie wasn't available, I would have no problem eating pumpkin pie. They are both delicious, albeit one more than the other. This analogy is long and drawn out, and now I want pecan pie.

Besides the Red Wings, I tend to root for the Maple Leafs as well. And now that Yzerman went to Tampa Bay, I'll definitely be rooting for the Lightning to succeed against everybody but the 'Wings. So yeah, I guess I'd consider myself a fan of the Red Wings, Maple Leafs, and Lightnings.

I would consider the Red Wings as my favorite team. I can watch any game they play in without question. I know I'm a Red Wings fan because I actually get upset when/if they lose, and I can't say the same when I watch other teams.

On the other hand, I'm a fan of hockey in general. In particular I like teams that are struggling and looking to build a solid team from scratch. I pay attention to teams like Toronto and now Tampa Bay because I find it entertaining to see which moves do and don't benefit the teams in the short term and in the long run. However, if any team plays Detroit I don't care about their building process; I just want them to get stomped out by the Big Red Machine :sly:

If I had to rank them... I'd rank them...

1. Wings

2. Pecan Pie

3. Bolts

4. Other 27 teams

5. The Habs

So, yeah I guess come to think of it, back to the original question, yeah, I guess a little. But I won't watch em, I'll just half hope they do ok.

No.

I cheer for no team other than the Wings. I dislike some teams less than others, and given that Stevie Y is now running Tampa Bay they fall into that category, but I'm not a "fan" of any team other than the Wings. Doesn't mean I don't wish him nothing but the best....because I most certainly do.

Ditto. :thumbup:

If the Wings aren't involved then I don't see myself watching a Lightning game this season. Of course I wish nothing but the best for Stevie Y, but I have no interest in watching their team.

I have always considered myself to be a Red Wing fan AND an Yzerman fan, to the point that if Stevie had ever left to play for another team, I would have bought a sweater with his name and that #19 on it, regardless of what team's crest was on the front. I never thought about whether I would have become a fan of the team, although I certainly would have wanted Stevie to succeed.

I will always be a Red Wings fan and they will always be my #1 team. However, now that Stevie's in Tampa, I guess I have become a fan of the Lightning. I certainly am paying more attention to what they are doing than I ever have for any other team, aside from the Wings, and they are now my favorite Eastern Conference team (sorry, Ottawa...you've been bumped!). I want Stevie to succeed as a GM, so that means I want the Lightning to succeed.

However, I hope it never comes to a Red Wings/Lightning Stanley Cup final, because I'm sure I'll be conflicted. I mean, I rooted for Canada in the Olympics because Stevie was running the team! I just couldn't bring myself to want him to lose!

I don't see any problem with being a fan of more than one team. The Red Wings are, by far, my favorite and #1 team, but that doesn't mean I don't watch - and cheer - for others. For example, when the Wings are knocked out of the playoffs, I always pick another team to follow for the rest of the playoffs, and if that team goes on to win the Cup, I'm genuinely happy for them (all the while wishing it could be the Wings, of course). And there are certain teams that I pay a little attention to, and am happy for when they win. I think most of us on this board would put the Wings as their #1 team, and I don't doubt that there are many who would say the Wings are their only team. But that doesn't make them better Wings fans, just as being a fan of more than one team makes anyone a lesser Wings fan.

Nicely stated. If you (not you specifically but you get my drift) want to be Red Wings fan vs. the world and everybody else is the enemy, cool, plenty of people are like that regardless of team/allegiance.

If you go that route though don't act shocked when you find out that some people might like multiple teams/players.